This time SurfsharkVPN is tested in Windows 10 with manual configuration via the OpenVPN GUI, and there has been a major update from the previous test server. This update is supposed to be updated during the 19/5 session. In this update, I’ve deleted all the test servers and reconfigured them with the latest configuration server, which may be duplicated, but it’s the only way to ensure the test results. I don’t know if the test results are good or bad right now, but please see the test below.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 10ms; Download: 235.78Mbps; Upload: 23.46Mbps;
SurfsharkVPN last 6 test articles: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- SurfsharkVPN 3 Device Test in China-8/4/2021 - August 4, 2021 China VPN test, according to @band_in_china feedback SF VPN has a good connection so far. Today will be a test of Surfshark VPN in mainland China, first will be a connection test for Windows 10 devices, then for iPhones, and finally for Macbooks. We hope that this test can truly and effectively help readers understand whether Surfshark VPN has recovered or improved in China. Whether the test results are success or failure, I will list them realistically.
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test in China-20210226 - Recently a reader left a comment for me that SurfshrkVPN was having connection issues and wanted me to test it again. Today I will test SurfsharkVPN's connection in Windows 10 using a third party manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui. In addition, if you want to know how to connect SurfshrkVPN for IOS, MacOS and Android in China, you can read this article "SurfSharkVPN can't connect solution". Before the test I went to the SF official website to check its latest announcement of the server situation for users in mainland China and there is no difference. So this test I will test the previous configuration of the server to see the current connection and VPN connection after the speed of these servers.
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test In China-20201222 - Today I will test SurfsharkVPN's 22 manually configured servers for walling in the Windows version of OpenVPN Gui. The servers for this test are the same as the ones tested on December 8. Before the test I went to the SF website to see the latest server updates and they didn't release any other new servers. If you need to download these servers, you can do so in this article: SurfSharkVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh), and I will follow up if there is an official update...
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test in China-20201208 - Today we are going to conduct a China test of SurfshrkVPN's adoption of the OpenVPN GUI in Windows 10. There are a total of 22 servers being tested, and although this is a routine test, I hope that it will help readers understand the following three things. For those who are not SurfshrkVPN users, it can also be an important reference when choosing a VPN. If there is time, I will also test their app direct connect as well. Because several readers have mentioned to me before that SurfsharkVPN can be connected directly via the app...
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 test in China-20201112 - SurfsharkVPN's manually-configured OpenVPN Gui flip-flop connection will be tested again today. The server being tested this time is the latest official release. Since most of the last manual configuration servers have been blocked, I'm hoping that this server update will improve the situation. No matter how good or bad the results are, I will present the whole testing process and results to you, so that you can understand the most realistic situation, and provide you with some reference in the process of using the server.
Win10 SurfsharkVPN Manual Connection Test:
Starting Time: Oct 29, 2020, 2:43 PM
SurfsharkVPN has officially updated a total of 24 servers, some of which are duplicates of the previous ones.
Argentina: Failed; (Try once)
Australia: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Brazil: Failed; (Try once)
Canada: Failed; (Try once)
France: Failed; (Try once)
Germany: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Hong Kong: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
India: Failed; (Try once)
Indonesia: Failed; (Try once)
Ireland: Failed; (Try once)
Italy: Failed; (Try once)
Japan2: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Japan: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Netherlands: Failed; (Show Success, But can’t use the internet)
Russia: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 243ms. Download: 0.35Mbps. Upload: 2.3Mbps.
YouTube Connection Speed: <200Kbps;
Singapore2: Failed; (Try once)
Singapore: Failed; (Try once)
SouthKorea: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Thailand: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Turkey: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 304ms. Download: 6.19Mbps. Upload: 27.01Mbps.
YouTube Connection Speed: 3189Kbps;
UK2: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
UK: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
US2: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
US: Failed; (Try once) – Duplication of servers with previous updates
Summary: From the above results, SurfshrkVPN’s manually configured connection in Window 10 is almost wiped out. 24 servers only two connections were successful, while Russia’s server was negligibly slow and Turkey’s was relatively better. The results of this test show that mainland China’s 19th Plenum (Oct. 26-Oct. 29) is still having a big impact. Today is the last day to sit and wait for the official SF changes, and I’ll be testing again once they have a new server update.
If you’re an SF user, you can also try their app direct connect. But don’t get your hopes up, my test here resulted in no connection, but according to individual reader feedback there were also successful connections, but they were slow.
SurfsharkVPN OpenVPN Gui Version: 126.96.36.199
Today’s Test Success: ★