Due to the recent large fluctuations in ExpressVPN connections, it is very clear to conclude that the Chinese network firewall has ramped up. Today I’ll be running a test of SurfsharkVPN in Windows 10. First of all, I will test the app direct connection, if the connection over the wall is not smooth, I will add OpenVPN GUI to do it, if the app connection is good, then I will not test the manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui, you can refer to the test results of the previous issues.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
SurfsharkVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- SurfsharkVPN test in China Reviews-20201017 - The other day a reader gave me feedback that SurfshrkVPN has updated its latest protocol WireGuard in Windows 10 and said that the connection speed an…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test in China-20201008 - Every October is a nightmare for flipping users in mainland China, but this year was also relatively good compared to previous years. But it is not wi…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test inChina-20200829 - Today I'm going to test two ways to connect to SurfsharkVPN in Windows10, one is a direct connection from the app, and the other is a configuration te…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20200806 - Yesterday I tested the SurfsharkVPN App connection in Windows10, and today I hope to test it again in Win10 by manually configuring the connection met…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 test in China–20200805 - Today I will be testing SurfsharkVPN in WIndows 10 with the protocol in auto mode. In addition, I'm privately testing the IKEv2 protocol for connectiv…
- 7 VPNs Win10 Test in China–20200723 - A reader left me a comment that ExpressVPN's officially recommended method is temporarily unavailable, but today's test revealed that it still works. …
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
SurfsharkVPN – App Connection Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 10, 2020, 3:14 PM
Fastest Server – Taiwan: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 97ms; Download: 75.36Mbps; Upload: 3.97Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 10Mbps;
Canada – Vancouver: First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Speedtest Ping: 189ms; Download: 13.68Mbps; Upload: 2.24Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.4Mbps;
Denmark: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 12.62Mbps; Upload: 1.29Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.2Mbps;
France – Paris: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 228ms; Download: 9.49Mbps; Upload: 2Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 9.8Mbps;
Australia – Sydney: First success; (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 328ms; Download: 6.14Mbps; Upload: 0.78Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.6Mbps;
France – Bordeaux: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 257ms; Download: 10.04Mbps; Upload: 1.78Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 15Mbps;
Italy – Rome: First success; (Time efficiency: 12s)
Speedtest Ping: 239ms; Download: 2.14Mbps; Upload: 1.63Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 1.3Mbps;
Russia – Moscow: Failed; (Try once)
Singapore: First success; (Time efficiency: 50s)
Speedtest Ping: 242ms; Download: 3.83Mbps; Upload: 0.13Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.5Mbps;
USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 208ms; Download: 4.27Mbps; Upload: 1.58Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.2Mbps;
USA – Atlanta: Failed; (Try once)
USA – Boston: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 348ms; Download: 12.38Mbps; Upload: 1.03Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.4Mbps;
UK – London: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 215ms; Download: 18.05Mbps; Upload: 1.96Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 19Mbps;
Conclusion: SurfsharkVPN’s test results on Windows 10 really surprised me, firstly, its “server connection success rate” is very high, and secondly, its “time efficiency” is very short! , and finally it server connects successfully and the speeds are all good.
I was going to test the OpenVPN Gui version of SurfsharkVPN in Windows 10 today, but it looks like I don’t need it. However, a quick private sample of the servers I had configured worked, but I didn’t run a speed test. If you want to know how its OpenVPN Gui is configured and connected for Windows 10, you can refer to the previous tests.
Finally, note that the Window10 test results are not representative of Macbook, iPhone, or Android, as I found in previous tests that different devices have very different connection performance for SurfsharkVPN’s app in China, though it’s possible that it could also be improperly set up. But please pay attention to this tip from me.
SurfsharkVPN Win10 Version: 2.6.8; Protocol: Automatic
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★