Due to the recent large fluctuations in ExpressVPN connections, it is very clear to conclude that the Chinese network firewall has ramped up. Today I’ll be running a test of SurfsharkVPN in Windows 10. First of all, I will test the app direct connection, if the connection over the wall is not smooth, I will add OpenVPN GUI to do it, if the app connection is good, then I will not test the manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui, you can refer to the test results of the previous issues.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
SurfsharkVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter …
- SurfsharkVPN 3 Device Test in China-8/4/2021 - August 4, 2021 China VPN test, according to @band_in_china feedback SF VPN has a good connection so far. Today will be a test of Surfshark VPN in main…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test in China-20210226 - Recently a reader left a comment for me that SurfshrkVPN was having connection issues and wanted me to test it again. Today I will test SurfsharkVPN's…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test In China-20201222 - Today I will test SurfsharkVPN's 22 manually configured servers for walling in the Windows version of OpenVPN Gui. The servers for this test are the s…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 Test in China-20201208 - Today we are going to conduct a China test of SurfshrkVPN's adoption of the OpenVPN GUI in Windows 10. There are a total of 22 servers being tested, a…
- SurfsharkVPN Win10 test in China-20201112 - SurfsharkVPN's manually-configured OpenVPN Gui flip-flop connection will be tested again today. The server being tested this time is the latest offici…
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
SurfsharkVPN – App Connection Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 10, 2020, 3:14 PM
Fastest Server – Taiwan: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 97ms; Download: 75.36Mbps; Upload: 3.97Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 10Mbps;
Canada – Vancouver: First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Speedtest Ping: 189ms; Download: 13.68Mbps; Upload: 2.24Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.4Mbps;
Denmark: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 12.62Mbps; Upload: 1.29Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.2Mbps;
France – Paris: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 228ms; Download: 9.49Mbps; Upload: 2Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 9.8Mbps;
Australia – Sydney: First success; (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 328ms; Download: 6.14Mbps; Upload: 0.78Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.6Mbps;
France – Bordeaux: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 257ms; Download: 10.04Mbps; Upload: 1.78Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 15Mbps;
Italy – Rome: First success; (Time efficiency: 12s)
Speedtest Ping: 239ms; Download: 2.14Mbps; Upload: 1.63Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 1.3Mbps;
Russia – Moscow: Failed; (Try once)
Singapore: First success; (Time efficiency: 50s)
Speedtest Ping: 242ms; Download: 3.83Mbps; Upload: 0.13Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.5Mbps;
USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 208ms; Download: 4.27Mbps; Upload: 1.58Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.2Mbps;
USA – Atlanta: Failed; (Try once)
USA – Boston: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 348ms; Download: 12.38Mbps; Upload: 1.03Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 5.4Mbps;
UK – London: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 215ms; Download: 18.05Mbps; Upload: 1.96Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 19Mbps;
Conclusion: SurfsharkVPN’s test results on Windows 10 really surprised me, firstly, its “server connection success rate” is very high, and secondly, its “time efficiency” is very short! , and finally it server connects successfully and the speeds are all good.
I was going to test the OpenVPN Gui version of SurfsharkVPN in Windows 10 today, but it looks like I don’t need it. However, a quick private sample of the servers I had configured worked, but I didn’t run a speed test. If you want to know how its OpenVPN Gui is configured and connected for Windows 10, you can refer to the previous tests.
Finally, note that the Window10 test results are not representative of Macbook, iPhone, or Android, as I found in previous tests that different devices have very different connection performance for SurfsharkVPN’s app in China, though it’s possible that it could also be improperly set up. But please pay attention to this tip from me.
SurfsharkVPN Win10 Version: 2.6.8; Protocol: Automatic
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★