In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, “StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed“, and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today’s wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article “StrongVPN Can’t Connect Solution(zh)”. I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as…
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter …
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has…
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (Stron…
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international vers…
StrongVPN China’s APP Macbook Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to comply with the official recommendations.
The following is a screenshot of StrongVPN China in Macbook, in unconnected state. There are two in the picture below that I have covered in red, the top one is the IP address and the bottom one is the account information, so I have covered them to avoid leaking private data.
Starting Time: Dec 26, 2020, 1:53 PM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi；
StrongVPN China Mac’s Version: 200；
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP；
Summary: There are many servers in StrongVPN China Macbook App, 62 servers in the US, 11 servers in the UK, 6 servers in Canada, 3 servers in Japan, 2 servers in Singapore, and 38 servers in other regions, making a total of 122 servers. I just tested 11 of them randomly, and from the test results, all of them were successfully connected, but some of them were slow.
Another small discovery, as shown above, is that I just clicked on each server one by one in order to count them. In the “DL Speed” column, a speed value appears. What this value represents and whether these values are meaningful for use in mainland China are yet to be verified by further testing.
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆