In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, “StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed“, and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today’s wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article “StrongVPN Can’t Connect Solution(zh)”. I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - April 19, 2021, I've been a bit busy with my own work in the last few days, plus it's been 5 days since I've tested each VPN over the weekend. In these 5 days I have been using ExpressVPN mainly in my Macbook, iPhone and its all working fine and the speed is very good. Today I'm going to do a test of StrongVPN, if you want to see the test report of other VPNs, please don't worry, I will continue to test and publish the connection usage report of each VPN in mainland China in turn. On another note, I changed the name of the blog 10Beasts.net from the original "10BEASTS" to "Barry's Review". Although the name of the site was changed, the domain name did not change. I don't mean anything else, I just thought it might be easier to remember.
- StrongVPN Macbook China’s APP Test in China - March 27, 2021, in early March during the network blockade StrongVPN smoothly through that period, this time will be in the Macbook to check some servers for VPN connection and speed test in mainland China. The servers connected to the test are randomly selected, and I will publish a list of randomly selected servers whether they are successfully connected or not, as well as speed tests through SpeedTest, YouTube Connection Speed, and Netflix Fast, so that readers can have a more comprehensive understanding of their real speed.
- StrongVPN After the blockade, the new plan is tested in China - On March 9, 2021, shortly after the start of the two sessions StrongVPN's connection tests for Windows, Macbook, and Android's Chinese version of the app were blocked, and IOS has been available since it has been using manually configured IKEv2. Is StrongVPN really unusable after the blocking? Today I contacted the official customer service and got the solution, but the specific effect is not very clear, all this test I hope to test it once, this test will include Macbook and Windows, if these two devices are feasible, I believe that there must be no problem in Android.
- March 5, StrongVPN China’s App Win10 Test - March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
- StrongVPN Win/Mac Test in China-20210130 - Today we will test StrongVPN's China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking "StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)". If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through "China VPN Download (zh)", which includes both local and official download methods.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
StrongVPN China’s APP Macbook Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to comply with the official recommendations.
The following is a screenshot of StrongVPN China in Macbook, in unconnected state. There are two in the picture below that I have covered in red, the top one is the IP address and the bottom one is the account information, so I have covered them to avoid leaking private data.
Starting Time: Dec 26, 2020, 1:53 PM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi；
StrongVPN China Mac’s Version: 200；
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP；
Summary: There are many servers in StrongVPN China Macbook App, 62 servers in the US, 11 servers in the UK, 6 servers in Canada, 3 servers in Japan, 2 servers in Singapore, and 38 servers in other regions, making a total of 122 servers. I just tested 11 of them randomly, and from the test results, all of them were successfully connected, but some of them were slow.
Another small discovery, as shown above, is that I just clicked on each server one by one in order to count them. In the “DL Speed” column, a speed value appears. What this value represents and whether these values are meaningful for use in mainland China are yet to be verified by further testing.
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆