In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, “StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed“, and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today’s wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article “StrongVPN Can’t Connect Solution(zh)”. I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
- StrongVPN Win10 all protocol test in china - It has been more than a month since I last tested StrongVPN, and from the last test, its APP direct connection could not be connected. Today I will use Windows devices as the test platform and test StrongVPN's APP direct connection and then test its OpenVPN Gui as well. If its OpenVPN test goes well, I will pay more attention to it and add its OpenVPN Gui connection to the regular test. I hope this test will be helpful to all readers.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn't been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today's test, which I'll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks...
- StrongVPN MacOS in China Reviews–20201018 - Today's test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app's direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success rate, speed after wall connection, and server connection aging. The speed test is mainly performed using the two tools SpeedTest and Netflix Fast, while depending on the specific case maybe I will also introduce YouTube Connection Speed into the reference for the speed test. If you have any questions or need to discuss anything, you can browse at the bottom of the article. Also hopefully this test will provide some objectivity for our readers...
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200924 - Today I'm going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I'll try to write up the test process and results in as much detail as possible so that I can help you better understand how it actually works in China. For the speed test will use two tools, Speed Test and Netflix Fast, and Fast's speed can roughly be used as a reference for YouTube connection speed. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and other readers will also be eager to answer the questions you encounter...
StrongVPN China’s APP Macbook Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to comply with the official recommendations.
The following is a screenshot of StrongVPN China in Macbook, in unconnected state. There are two in the picture below that I have covered in red, the top one is the IP address and the bottom one is the account information, so I have covered them to avoid leaking private data.
Starting Time: Dec 26, 2020, 1:53 PM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi；
StrongVPN China Mac’s Version: 200；
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP；
Summary: There are many servers in StrongVPN China Macbook App, 62 servers in the US, 11 servers in the UK, 6 servers in Canada, 3 servers in Japan, 2 servers in Singapore, and 38 servers in other regions, making a total of 122 servers. I just tested 11 of them randomly, and from the test results, all of them were successfully connected, but some of them were slow.
Another small discovery, as shown above, is that I just clicked on each server one by one in order to count them. In the “DL Speed” column, a speed value appears. What this value represents and whether these values are meaningful for use in mainland China are yet to be verified by further testing.
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆