Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN’s official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can’t test the Android phone because I don’t have an Android machine in my hand, so I’m sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
- StrongVPN Win10 all protocol test in china - It has been more than a month since I last tested StrongVPN, and from the last test, its APP direct connection could not be connected. Today I will use Windows devices as the test platform and test StrongVPN's APP direct connection and then test its OpenVPN Gui as well. If its OpenVPN test goes well, I will pay more attention to it and add its OpenVPN Gui connection to the regular test. I hope this test will be helpful to all readers.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn't been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today's test, which I'll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks...
- StrongVPN MacOS in China Reviews–20201018 - Today's test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app's direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success rate, speed after wall connection, and server connection aging. The speed test is mainly performed using the two tools SpeedTest and Netflix Fast, while depending on the specific case maybe I will also introduce YouTube Connection Speed into the reference for the speed test. If you have any questions or need to discuss anything, you can browse at the bottom of the article. Also hopefully this test will provide some objectivity for our readers...
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200924 - Today I'm going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I'll try to write up the test process and results in as much detail as possible so that I can help you better understand how it actually works in China. For the speed test will use two tools, Speed Test and Netflix Fast, and Fast's speed can roughly be used as a reference for YouTube connection speed. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and other readers will also be eager to answer the questions you encounter...
StrongVPN China’s APP Windows Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest it’s best to follow the official advice.
The current Windows version of StrongVPN China-specific APP is: 1.6.5, in order to facilitate the wall and non-wall users to download, I made two links an official direct download portal, the other is I will download the version uploaded to the server of this site.
Below is a screenshot of StrongVPN China in Windows10, in its unconnected state. There are two in the picture below that I have covered in red, the top one is the account email and the bottom one is the IP address, so I have covered them to avoid leaking private data.
Starting Time: Dec 24, 2020, 10:30 AM;
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
StrongVPN’s China Win Version: 1.6.5;
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP;
- USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 210ms; Download: 5.23Mbps; Upload: 3.61Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 18719Kbps;
- USA – Dallas: First success; (Time efficiency: 12s)
Speedtest Ping: 260ms; Download: 0.21Mbps; Upload: 1.02Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 1312Kbps;
- USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: 65s)
Speedtest Ping: 271ms; Download: 1.35Mbps; Upload: 2.08Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 16138Kbps;
- USA – Charlotte: First success; (Time efficiency: 31s)
Speedtest Ping: 197ms; Download: 1.49Mbps; Upload: 2.01Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 21549Kbps;
- USA – New Orleans: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
Speedtest Ping: 188ms; Download: 2.33Mbps; Upload: 6.46Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 16865Kbps;
Note: There is a problem worth noting here, that is, when you connect to the software, the IP address and region display in the software until “Your IP” will appear in two situations. One is that the software cache problem may still display your local IP address; the other may show the wrong IP and region. For this server, I am connected to “USA – New Orleans”, but the software shows China at the beginning, then jumps to USA, and then to Japan. However, during this process, I searched the “Based on your IP address” field at the bottom of the Google web page, and after the connection was completed, the location was always in the US, no matter which region was displayed in the software. So I think users need not worry too much about the IP leakage problem, this should just be a manifestation of the IP display function of this Chinese version of APP to be improved. I won’t repeat the explanation if similar situation occurs again in the following test.
- USA – Seattle: First success; (Time efficiency: 16s)
Speedtest Ping: 177ms; Download: 6.27Mbps; Upload: 3.14Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 48725Kbps;
- USA – Los Angeles: First success; (Time efficiency: 14s)
Speedtest Ping: 155ms; Download: 0.7Mbps; Upload: 2.25Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 34538Kbps;
- USA – Phoenix: First success; (Time efficiency: 28s)
Speedtest Ping: 161ms; Download: 8.03Mbps; Upload: 3.58Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9631Kbps;
Above I tested 8 US servers, which I chose randomly. I didn’t know if I could connect before testing. I’m mainly guiding to tell you how StrongVPN China App is currently flipping the wall in mainland China. Also as shown below, it actually has a lot of servers to try, but one note, choose the OpenVPN UDP protocol when connecting.
Not every one of the above servers supports this protocol. I tested the “Taiwan” server yesterday and it does not support this protocol, it only supports SSTP, L2TP, SSTP. I’m not sure how many servers in the StrongVPN China app support OpenVPN, because I haven’t gone through the detailed statistics.
Summary: The above StrongVPN China Windows version APP China mainland wall test, connection success rate, connection feedback time, the overall performance of the wall connection after the speed is very good. The Chinese mainland users are blessed. The next time I will arrange the test for Mac and IOS as soon as possible.
I will post a separate article about the connection solutions for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android in mainland China: StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution(zh).
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆