Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN’s official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can’t test the Android phone because I don’t have an Android machine in my hand, so I’m sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China – Surprises - China VPN test on October 18, 2021. Previously tested the Client version of StrongVPN for mainland China in Windows 10 on September 18, and had 4 succ…
- StrongVPN Client MacOS test in China-2021/9/24 - 2021 September 24 China VPN connection test, in the 18th of this month on Windows 10, in Windows as long as you use the correct method can be very sta…
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China (success) - September 18, 2021 VPN test for China will be conducted today for the Chinese version of Windows 10 devices. Some time before StrongVPN Client for Win…
- StrongVPN Win10/Mac Test in China-2021/7/6 - July 6, 2021 China VPN Test: The China-specific version of StrongVPN will be tested today in both Windows 10 and Macbook devices. The China firewall d…
- StrongVPN MacOS Test in China-2021/6/17 - June 17, 2021 China VPN Test, the Chinese version of StrongVPN's App will be tested in Macbook today. The purpose of this test is mainly to see how St…
- StrongVPN Win10 / Mac Test in China-5/26/2021 - May 26, 2021 China VPN test, today I will test StrongVPN on both Windows 10 and MacBook platforms, at present StrongVPN in Windows, Macbook, Android t…
StrongVPN China’s APP Windows Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest it’s best to follow the official advice.
The current Windows version of StrongVPN China-specific APP is: 1.6.5, in order to facilitate the wall and non-wall users to download, I made two links an official direct download portal, the other is I will download the version uploaded to the server of this site.
Below is a screenshot of StrongVPN China in Windows10, in its unconnected state. There are two in the picture below that I have covered in red, the top one is the account email and the bottom one is the IP address, so I have covered them to avoid leaking private data.
Starting Time: Dec 24, 2020, 10:30 AM;
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
StrongVPN’s China Win Version: 1.6.5;
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP;
- USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 210ms; Download: 5.23Mbps; Upload: 3.61Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 18719Kbps;
- USA – Dallas: First success; (Time efficiency: 12s)
Speedtest Ping: 260ms; Download: 0.21Mbps; Upload: 1.02Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 1312Kbps;
- USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: 65s)
Speedtest Ping: 271ms; Download: 1.35Mbps; Upload: 2.08Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 16138Kbps;
- USA – Charlotte: First success; (Time efficiency: 31s)
Speedtest Ping: 197ms; Download: 1.49Mbps; Upload: 2.01Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 21549Kbps;
- USA – New Orleans: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
Speedtest Ping: 188ms; Download: 2.33Mbps; Upload: 6.46Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 16865Kbps;
Note: There is a problem worth noting here, that is, when you connect to the software, the IP address and region display in the software until “Your IP” will appear in two situations. One is that the software cache problem may still display your local IP address; the other may show the wrong IP and region. For this server, I am connected to “USA – New Orleans”, but the software shows China at the beginning, then jumps to USA, and then to Japan. However, during this process, I searched the “Based on your IP address” field at the bottom of the Google web page, and after the connection was completed, the location was always in the US, no matter which region was displayed in the software. So I think users need not worry too much about the IP leakage problem, this should just be a manifestation of the IP display function of this Chinese version of APP to be improved. I won’t repeat the explanation if similar situation occurs again in the following test.
- USA – Seattle: First success; (Time efficiency: 16s)
Speedtest Ping: 177ms; Download: 6.27Mbps; Upload: 3.14Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 48725Kbps;
- USA – Los Angeles: First success; (Time efficiency: 14s)
Speedtest Ping: 155ms; Download: 0.7Mbps; Upload: 2.25Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 34538Kbps;
- USA – Phoenix: First success; (Time efficiency: 28s)
Speedtest Ping: 161ms; Download: 8.03Mbps; Upload: 3.58Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9631Kbps;
Above I tested 8 US servers, which I chose randomly. I didn’t know if I could connect before testing. I’m mainly guiding to tell you how StrongVPN China App is currently flipping the wall in mainland China. Also as shown below, it actually has a lot of servers to try, but one note, choose the OpenVPN UDP protocol when connecting.
Not every one of the above servers supports this protocol. I tested the “Taiwan” server yesterday and it does not support this protocol, it only supports SSTP, L2TP, SSTP. I’m not sure how many servers in the StrongVPN China app support OpenVPN, because I haven’t gone through the detailed statistics.
Summary: The above StrongVPN China Windows version APP China mainland wall test, connection success rate, connection feedback time, the overall performance of the wall connection after the speed is very good. The Chinese mainland users are blessed. The next time I will arrange the test for Mac and IOS as soon as possible.
I will post a separate article about the connection solutions for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android in mainland China: StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution(zh).
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆