I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn’t been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today’s test, which I’ll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks, and so on.
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN Win/Mac Test in China-20210130 - Today we will test StrongVPN's China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking "StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)". If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through "China VPN Download (zh)", which includes both local and official download methods.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
- StrongVPN Win10 all protocol test in china - It has been more than a month since I last tested StrongVPN, and from the last test, its APP direct connection could not be connected. Today I will use Windows devices as the test platform and test StrongVPN's APP direct connection and then test its OpenVPN Gui as well. If its OpenVPN test goes well, I will pay more attention to it and add its OpenVPN Gui connection to the regular test. I hope this test will be helpful to all readers.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn't been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today's test, which I'll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks...
- StrongVPN MacOS in China Reviews–20201018 - Today's test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app's direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success rate, speed after wall connection, and server connection aging. The speed test is mainly performed using the two tools SpeedTest and Netflix Fast, while depending on the specific case maybe I will also introduce YouTube Connection Speed into the reference for the speed test. If you have any questions or need to discuss anything, you can browse at the bottom of the article. Also hopefully this test will provide some objectivity for our readers...
NetWork: China Telecom/Wifi Connection
StrongVPN Version: V18.104.22.168
Protocol: IKEv2/WireGuard/OpenVPN(Port: 50 + UDP)/SSTP/L2TP
Servers: USA, UK, Taiwan, Canada, Other
Test result: All Failed
Network: China Telecom/Wifi Connection
StrongVPN Version: 2.2.2 (45556)
Protocol: IKEv2/L2TP/IPSec/OpenVPN(UDP + Port: 53)/WireGuard
Servers: USA, UK, Other
Test result: All Failed
NetWork: China Telecom/Wifi Connection/China mobile 4G
StrongVPN Version: 2.5.1
Servers: USA, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, Other
Test result: All Failed
Conclusion: the failure of this StrongVPN App Direct Connection Flip Wall must have something to do with the October or mid-Fifth Plenary blockade. I’ll be watching closely to see where this VPN goes from here and when it’s fixed. If there’s any new information, I’ll let you know as soon as I can.
Today’s Test Score：☆