March 7, 2022 China VPN test. A test of StrongVPN will be conducted today in Windows 10 devices. This test involves two versions of StrongVPN, one is the StrongVPN International Edition Universal Edition, and the other is the StrongVPN Client version specifically for mainland China. Also need to say that after testing ExpressVPN on March 5, I used myself today to connect to its officially recommended servers in Win, Macbook, and iPhone, and as of now it still allows normal. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as the primary connection tool in Macbook, Windows, and Android. Since my testing, I have not been unable to connect. Due to the audit rules of IOS App, unfortunately, there is no "Client" version for the time being, so you need to connect through manual configuration. However, the international version of the app is currently available for direct connection. You can read all the test reports about StrongVPN on this site, there are 66 of them so far.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific method can refer to the "StrongVPN can not connect solution (zh)", there are detailed tutorials in the text. This time, I hope to test the connection through the international version of StrongVPN App in IOS. If you have questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so it's the first place to start. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
StrongVPN and StrongVPN Client Win10 test:
Starting Time: March 7, 2022, 2:26 PM
Local device and network: Windows10 / 300M China Telecom / WiFi;
StrongVPN Version / Protocol: 126.96.36.199 / IKEv2;
Client Version / Protocol: 1.6.5 / TCP;
Test’s Servers: Random 5-10 servers;
Offiicial Website: strongvpn.com;
International: AU – Sydney: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: AU – Melbourne: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Austria – Vienna: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Belgium – Brussels: Success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 226ms; Download: 33.74Mbps; Upload: 6.8Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22468Kbps;
International: Brazil – Sao Paulo: Success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 334ms; Download: 148.71Mbps; Upload: 5.56Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 18413Kbps;
International: CA – Vancouver: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: CA – Toronto: Success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 249ms; Download: 5.2Mbps; Upload: 3.28Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 4227Kbps;
International: CA – Montreal: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Chile – Santiago: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Colombia – Bogota: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: San Jose – Costa Rica: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Prague – Czechia: Success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 231ms; Download: 55.62Mbps; Upload: 8.62Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13661Kbps;
International: Denmark – Copenhagen: Success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 265ms; Download: 93.18Mbps; Upload: 6.04Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 23257Kbps;
International: Tallinn – Estonia: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Helsinki – Finland: Failed; (Error code: 809)
International: Paris – France: Success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 273ms; Download: 125.06Mbps; Upload: 3.85Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 16485Kbps;
The following tests will be conducted on the StrongVPN Client version of the App for Windows 10. The servers tested are those recommended by the official customer service, which have been tested many times and can be found in the previous reports. For details on which servers, please check this article “StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution-(zh)”.
Client: USA – Atlanta (301): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: Can’t use it, But can connect youtube and google and so on;
YouTube Connection Speed: 19150Kbps;
Client: Korea – Seoul (303): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 63ms; Download: 44.92Mbps; Upload: 19.99Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 11362Kbps;
Client: USA – New York (302): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 263ms; Download: 28.88Mbps; Upload: 0.64Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 10520Kbps;
Client: USA – San Francisco (309): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 148ms; Download: 51.04Mbps; Upload: 30.56Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 31779Kbps;
Client: USA –Chicago (307): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 226ms; Download: 3.14Mbps; Upload: 7.47Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 2367Kbps;
Client: USA –Los Angeles (302): Success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 165ms; Download: 94.37Mbps; Upload: 4.39Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 43638Kbps;
Summary: The above is a test of two versions of StrongVPN in Windows 10 devices. From the test results, the situation is not bad, nothing has been affected or fixed by the official technical team. For International I suggest you to connect to some European countries, the success rate and speed may be better. For Client, you only need to connect to the 27 servers that the official team recommended to me before.
IOS requires manual configuration, so I don’t have that much time to test it, and Android also has a Client book, but I don’t have an android device. The VPN is currently available internationally, so you can directly use the international version of the App to connect in IOS/Android, but pay attention to setting the connection protocol.
Today’s Test StrongVPN International Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆
Today’s Test StrongVPN Client Score: ★ ★ ★ ★
Looking forward to next test of StrongVpn in China.
Have you tried its smart tv version for strong vpn? It’s currently down for all severs for me.
No, I didn’t do such a test, if the TV in China wants to use the overseas network. It is recommended to use “TV+Box”, Box such as Apple TV or Amazon Fire or others. Then connect by setting up a router VPN. This is just my suggestion.
Hi Barry. Thanks for your kind suggestion. Do you have any good ideas of how to setup a router vpn? I currently have a StrongVPN service.
Sorry, I don’t usually set up a VPN on my router. so I have no experience with this.