May 26, 2021 China VPN test, today I will test StrongVPN on both Windows 10 and MacBook platforms, at present StrongVPN in Windows, Macbook, Android three devices StrongVPN official released a dedicated version of the APP, and in the iPhone As of this writing, no China-specific version of the app has been released, but rather requires manual configuration of the IKEv2 protocol to set up the connection. This test is to verify the current actual use of StrongVPN in China, and not to take half a month or a month before the data to fool everyone, because the firewall is a constant upgrade and evolution, it every so-and-so change will have more or less impact on each VPN, which is the reason for the continuity test on this blog.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Please follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as the primary connection tool in Macbook, Windows, and Android. Since my testing, I have not been unable to connect. Due to the audit rules of IOS App, unfortunately, there is no "Client" version for the time being, so you need to connect through manual configuration. However, the international version of the app is currently available for direct connection. You can read all the test reports about StrongVPN on this site, there are 66 of them so far.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific method can refer to the "StrongVPN can not connect solution (zh)", there are detailed tutorials in the text. This time, I hope to test the connection through the international version of StrongVPN App in IOS. If you have questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so it's the first place to start. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China – Surprises - China VPN test on October 18, 2021. Previously tested the Client version of StrongVPN for mainland China in Windows 10 on September 18, and had 4 successful server connections that time (courtesy of the official techs). In the past month no 2-3 days I try to connect using this version of USA-San Francisco-309 server and the stability is very good. I'll be testing these four servers again, and I contacted StrongVPN's customer service for nearly 10 additional servers before testing, and I want to try out their connections in China. This will provide a more comprehensive understanding of the stability of StrongVPN client and also expand the server options. If in doubt, leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
Starting Time: May 26, 2021, 2:03 PM
Local device and network: Win10 / Macbook / 300MChina Telecom / WiFi;
Protocol: TCP and UDP;
Windows10 Test in China: Version 1.6.5+TCP;
Today, I encountered some problems when connecting to StrongVPN in Windows 10, and finally solved them with the help of StrongVPN’s official customer service, and I will write them in this article later so that you can refer to the “StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)”The solution to the Macbook’s similar situation is also included. It took an hour to find the problem and solve it, and now it’s 15:16.
USA – Seattle (302): First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 221ms; Download: 8.02Mbps; Upload: 0.64Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 14254Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 23Mbps;
USA – Dallas (301): Failed; (Connected for a long time, but not connected)
USA – Denver (301): First success; (Time efficiency: 25s)
Speedtest Ping: 185ms; Download: 20.23Mbps; Upload: 0.9Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 19313Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 35Mbps;
USA – Houston (301): Failed; (Connected for a long time, but not connected)
USA – Charlotte (301): Failed; (Connected for a long time, but not connected)
USA – New Orleans (301): First success; (Time efficiency: 14s)
Speedtest Ping: 200ms; Download: 20.95Mbps; Upload: 4.77Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 11003Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 20Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles (306): Failed; (Connected for a long time, but not connected)
USA – Phoenix (303): First success; (Time efficiency: 27s)
Speedtest Ping: 168ms; Download: 111.12Mbps; Upload: 3.32Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22003Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 120Mbps;
USA – Chicago (306): First success; (Time efficiency: 25s)
Speedtest Ping: 193ms; Download: 70.16Mbps; Upload: 38.4Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9806Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 59Mbps;
USA – New York (302): First success; (Time efficiency: 27s)
Speedtest Ping: 207ms; Download: 106.23Mbps; Upload: 48.52Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 23830Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 72Mbps;
UK – London (314): First success; (Time efficiency: 25s)
Speedtest Ping: 258ms; Download: 22.06Mbps; Upload: 2.53Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 23830Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 10Mbps;
Note: It should be noted that when I was testing ExpressVPN, all the servers of the VPN should be unable to connect to Netflix, I always thought it was because Neflix did not provide UK service, but this time I used the London server in StrongVPN and found that it was also possible to connect to Neflix UK.
Macbook Test in China: Version 200+UDPProtocol;
UK – London (314): First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 262ms; Download: 18.1Mbps; Upload: 32.3Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 14254Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 39Mbps;
USA – Washington DC (304): First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 416ms; Download: 4.55Mbps; Upload: 11.6Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 18258Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 46Mbps;
USA – Seattle (302): First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 172ms; Download: 32.9Mbps; Upload: 10.3Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 28715Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 54Mbps;
USA – San Francisco (305): First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 157ms; Download: 87.5Mbps; Upload: 19.2Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 33188Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 110Mbps;
USA – New York (312): First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 205ms; Download: 27.2Mbps; Upload: 15.5Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 10246Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 77Mbps;
USA – Miami (306): First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 234ms; Download: 69.8Mbps; Upload: 28.2Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 29183Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 35Mbps;
Japan – Tokyo (303): First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 149ms; Download: 173Mbps; Upload: 22.3Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 40442Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 26Mbps;
Canada – Toronto (302): First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 225ms; Download: 51.7Mbps; Upload: 24.2Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13899Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 服务器Failed;
Summary: These are the results of today’s test of StrongVPN in Windows 10 and MacBook. As far as the test experience is concerned, Macbook has a much better user experience than Windows 10, both in terms of server connection success rate and APP usage. From this test StrongVPN should not be affected by the firewall, and it is highly likely that my multiple server Failed in Windows 10 is a problem with the local settings, as it is very smooth in Mac. But in any case, the rating for them has to be based on actual testing.
For StrongVPN I am of the opinion that it is very suitable for Windows, Macbook and Android users. If you are an IOS user, then it is more troublesome to configure the server manually. Relative to ExpressVPN, it does not lose speed, compare StrongVPN and ExpressVPN price difference is more than double.
Today’s Windows Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆
Today’s Macbook Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★