Today I’m going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I’ll try to write up the test process and results in as much detail as possible so that I can help you better understand how it actually works in China. For the speed test will use two tools, Speed Test and Netflix Fast, and Fast’s speed can roughly be used as a reference for YouTube connection speed. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and other readers will also be eager to answer the questions you encounter.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it’s available or not, and I’ll be honest about it. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Loacl device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 14ms; Download: 229.8Mbps; Upload: 15.48Mbps;
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- March 5, StrongVPN China’s App Win10 Test - March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
- StrongVPN Win/Mac Test in China-20210130 - Today we will test StrongVPN's China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking "StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)". If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through "China VPN Download (zh)", which includes both local and official download methods.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
- StrongVPN Win10 all protocol test in china - It has been more than a month since I last tested StrongVPN, and from the last test, its APP direct connection could not be connected. Today I will use Windows devices as the test platform and test StrongVPN's APP direct connection and then test its OpenVPN Gui as well. If its OpenVPN test goes well, I will pay more attention to it and add its OpenVPN Gui connection to the regular test. I hope this test will be helpful to all readers.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn't been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today's test, which I'll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks...
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 24, 2020, 1:27 PM
The Following Protocol: IKEv2
IKEv2 Protocol Summary: I tested a total of 26 servers above, and only one of them failed to connect. Note that I have tested all of the above servers in the US and UK. The other servers were selected at random. The biggest thing I noticed from the above tests is that StrongVPN’s “time efficiency” is very short, ranging from a few seconds to a maximum of 10 seconds, which is a great user experience. In the test, I found that the server with the best speed is the “USA – Chicago” server.
Incidentally, based on previous testing experience, StrongVPN can also use both OpenVPN and L2TP protocols to connect.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 184.108.40.206 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★