Today I’m going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I’ll try to write up the test process and results in as much detail as possible so that I can help you better understand how it actually works in China. For the speed test will use two tools, Speed Test and Netflix Fast, and Fast’s speed can roughly be used as a reference for YouTube connection speed. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and other readers will also be eager to answer the questions you encounter.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it’s available or not, and I’ll be honest about it. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Loacl device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 14ms; Download: 229.8Mbps; Upload: 15.48Mbps;
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN MacOS Test in China-2021/6/17 - June 17, 2021 China VPN Test, the Chinese version of StrongVPN's App will be tested in Macbook today. The purpose of this test is mainly to see how St…
- StrongVPN Win10 / Mac Test in China-5/26/2021 - May 26, 2021 China VPN test, today I will test StrongVPN on both Windows 10 and MacBook platforms, at present StrongVPN in Windows, Macbook, Android t…
- StrongVPN Windows10 Test in China-2021/5/12 - May 12, 2021 China VPN test report, today I will be testing your StrongVPN in the Windows 10 platform for the Chinese mainland to flip the wall. The c…
- StrongVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - April 19, 2021, I've been a bit busy with my own work in the last few days, plus it's been 5 days since I've tested each VPN over the weekend. In thes…
- StrongVPN Macbook China’s APP Test in China - March 27, 2021, in early March during the network blockade StrongVPN smoothly through that period, this time will be in the Macbook to check some serv…
- StrongVPN After the blockade, the new plan is tested in China - On March 9, 2021, shortly after the start of the two sessions StrongVPN's connection tests for Windows, Macbook, and Android's Chinese version of the …
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 24, 2020, 1:27 PM
The Following Protocol: IKEv2
IKEv2 Protocol Summary: I tested a total of 26 servers above, and only one of them failed to connect. Note that I have tested all of the above servers in the US and UK. The other servers were selected at random. The biggest thing I noticed from the above tests is that StrongVPN’s “time efficiency” is very short, ranging from a few seconds to a maximum of 10 seconds, which is a great user experience. In the test, I found that the server with the best speed is the “USA – Chicago” server.
Incidentally, based on previous testing experience, StrongVPN can also use both OpenVPN and L2TP protocols to connect.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 126.96.36.199 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★