Today I’m going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I’ll try to write up the test process and results in as much detail as possible so that I can help you better understand how it actually works in China. For the speed test will use two tools, Speed Test and Netflix Fast, and Fast’s speed can roughly be used as a reference for YouTube connection speed. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and other readers will also be eager to answer the questions you encounter.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it’s available or not, and I’ll be honest about it. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Loacl device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 14ms; Download: 229.8Mbps; Upload: 15.48Mbps;
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN MacOS in China Reviews–20201018 - Today's test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app's direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200924 - Today I'm going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I'll try to writ…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200908 - 24 servers were tested this time over the wall! Today's test of StrongVPN has two main purposes, the first is to let readers know if this VPN can help…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 in China–20200825 - It has been about 10 days since the last test because now I use a rotating test method for various VPNs, which can reduce my work pressure. Today I wi…
- StrongVPN Win10 all Protocol Test–20200814 - Today I will be wall testing connections for all of StrongVPN's protocols in the Windows version. The main focus of this will be on the IKEv2 protocol…
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China–20200730 - We tested StrongVPN in Windows 10 using the IKEv2 protocol and it has a very high connection success rate and a very short server feedback time. Howev…
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 24, 2020, 1:27 PM
The Following Protocol: IKEv2
IKEv2 Protocol Summary: I tested a total of 26 servers above, and only one of them failed to connect. Note that I have tested all of the above servers in the US and UK. The other servers were selected at random. The biggest thing I noticed from the above tests is that StrongVPN’s “time efficiency” is very short, ranging from a few seconds to a maximum of 10 seconds, which is a great user experience. In the test, I found that the server with the best speed is the “USA – Chicago” server.
Incidentally, based on previous testing experience, StrongVPN can also use both OpenVPN and L2TP protocols to connect.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 188.8.131.52 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★