24 servers were tested this time over the wall! Today’s test of StrongVPN has two main purposes, the first is to let readers know if this VPN can help mainland Chinese users flip over firewalls under the current state of firewalls in China. The second is to find the faster nodes by testing more experienced servers so that we can try to connect for reference and save valuable time. I would like to thank many readers for their valuable testing suggestions, and I will continue to test and improve my methods so that I can give readers more useful information after reading.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
StrongVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN Macbook China’s APP Test in China - March 27, 2021, in early March during the network blockade StrongVPN smoothly through that period, this time will be in the Macbook to check some servers for VPN connection and speed test in mainland China. The servers connected to the test are randomly selected, and I will publish a list of randomly selected servers whether they are successfully connected or not, as well as speed tests through SpeedTest, YouTube Connection Speed, and Netflix Fast, so that readers can have a more comprehensive understanding of their real speed.
- StrongVPN After the blockade, the new plan is tested in China - On March 9, 2021, shortly after the start of the two sessions StrongVPN's connection tests for Windows, Macbook, and Android's Chinese version of the app were blocked, and IOS has been available since it has been using manually configured IKEv2. Is StrongVPN really unusable after the blocking? Today I contacted the official customer service and got the solution, but the specific effect is not very clear, all this test I hope to test it once, this test will include Macbook and Windows, if these two devices are feasible, I believe that there must be no problem in Android.
- March 5, StrongVPN China’s App Win10 Test - March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
- StrongVPN Win/Mac Test in China-20210130 - Today we will test StrongVPN's China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking "StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)". If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through "China VPN Download (zh)", which includes both local and official download methods.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
Local Device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Connection Test:
Starting Time: Sep 8, 2020, 1:37 PM
The following servers are random, But The United States and The United Kingdom will have more.
USA – San Francisco: Failed; (Try two times; Error: 809)
USA – Houston: Failed; (Try once; Error: 809)
USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 9815Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 0.9Mbps; Upload: 1.39Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.4Mbps;
Summary: I tested StrongVPN’s wall-climbing in Windows 10 today, on 24 servers, and only two of them failed to connect, while the rest connected quickly. The most important thing I noticed was that StrongVPN’s “server feedback time” was very short, as short as 3 seconds, and even when two servers failed to connect, the feedback time was only 15s, which is very helpful for users to select and test the fastest servers. We hope StrongVPN will continue its efforts to provide better servers for users in mainland China.
By the way! Maybe you can use the protocol of OpenVPN and L2TP to connect StrongVPN’s server.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 184.108.40.206
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★