24 servers were tested this time over the wall! Today’s test of StrongVPN has two main purposes, the first is to let readers know if this VPN can help mainland Chinese users flip over firewalls under the current state of firewalls in China. The second is to find the faster nodes by testing more experienced servers so that we can try to connect for reference and save valuable time. I would like to thank many readers for their valuable testing suggestions, and I will continue to test and improve my methods so that I can give readers more useful information after reading.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
StrongVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific method can refer to the "StrongVPN can not connect solution (zh)", there are detailed tutorials in the text. This time, I hope to test the connection through the international version of StrongVPN App in IOS. If you have questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so it's the first place to start. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China – Surprises - China VPN test on October 18, 2021. Previously tested the Client version of StrongVPN for mainland China in Windows 10 on September 18, and had 4 successful server connections that time (courtesy of the official techs). In the past month no 2-3 days I try to connect using this version of USA-San Francisco-309 server and the stability is very good. I'll be testing these four servers again, and I contacted StrongVPN's customer service for nearly 10 additional servers before testing, and I want to try out their connections in China. This will provide a more comprehensive understanding of the stability of StrongVPN client and also expand the server options. If in doubt, leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- StrongVPN Client MacOS test in China-2021/9/24 - 2021 September 24 China VPN connection test, in the 18th of this month on Windows 10, in Windows as long as you use the correct method can be very stable. 18 test of the four servers to today 24 can still be used normally (measured this morning). This time, the connection will be tested in MacBook, Macbook is better than Win, some time ago in Win there was a difficult connection, but MacOS system using StrongVPN Client has been stable, to carry out will be tested again on its actual.
Local Device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Connection Test:
Starting Time: Sep 8, 2020, 1:37 PM
The following servers are random, But The United States and The United Kingdom will have more.
USA – San Francisco: Failed; (Try two times; Error: 809)
USA – Houston: Failed; (Try once; Error: 809)
USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 9815Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 0.9Mbps; Upload: 1.39Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.4Mbps;
Summary: I tested StrongVPN’s wall-climbing in Windows 10 today, on 24 servers, and only two of them failed to connect, while the rest connected quickly. The most important thing I noticed was that StrongVPN’s “server feedback time” was very short, as short as 3 seconds, and even when two servers failed to connect, the feedback time was only 15s, which is very helpful for users to select and test the fastest servers. We hope StrongVPN will continue its efforts to provide better servers for users in mainland China.
By the way! Maybe you can use the protocol of OpenVPN and L2TP to connect StrongVPN’s server.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 188.8.131.52
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★