24 servers were tested this time over the wall! Today’s test of StrongVPN has two main purposes, the first is to let readers know if this VPN can help mainland Chinese users flip over firewalls under the current state of firewalls in China. The second is to find the faster nodes by testing more experienced servers so that we can try to connect for reference and save valuable time. I would like to thank many readers for their valuable testing suggestions, and I will continue to test and improve my methods so that I can give readers more useful information after reading.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
StrongVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of th…
- StrongVPN MacOS in China Reviews–20201018 - Today's test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app's direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200924 - Today I'm going to conduct a mainland China wall test of StrongVPN using the IKEv2 protocol on Window 10. In the limited time I have, I'll try to writ…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Test in China–20200908 - 24 servers were tested this time over the wall! Today's test of StrongVPN has two main purposes, the first is to let readers know if this VPN can help…
- StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 in China–20200825 - It has been about 10 days since the last test because now I use a rotating test method for various VPNs, which can reduce my work pressure. Today I wi…
- StrongVPN Win10 all Protocol Test–20200814 - Today I will be wall testing connections for all of StrongVPN's protocols in the Windows version. The main focus of this will be on the IKEv2 protocol…
Local Device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
StrongVPN Win10 IKEv2 Connection Test:
Starting Time: Sep 8, 2020, 1:37 PM
The following servers are random, But The United States and The United Kingdom will have more.
USA – San Francisco: Failed; (Try two times; Error: 809)
USA – Houston: Failed; (Try once; Error: 809)
USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 9815Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 0.9Mbps; Upload: 1.39Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.4Mbps;
Summary: I tested StrongVPN’s wall-climbing in Windows 10 today, on 24 servers, and only two of them failed to connect, while the rest connected quickly. The most important thing I noticed was that StrongVPN’s “server feedback time” was very short, as short as 3 seconds, and even when two servers failed to connect, the feedback time was only 15s, which is very helpful for users to select and test the fastest servers. We hope StrongVPN will continue its efforts to provide better servers for users in mainland China.
By the way! Maybe you can use the protocol of OpenVPN and L2TP to connect StrongVPN’s server.
StrongVPN Win10 Version: 188.8.131.52
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★