Today we will test StrongVPN’s China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking “StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)”. If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through “China VPN Download (zh)”, which includes both local and official download methods.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- March 5, StrongVPN China’s App Win10 Test - March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
- StrongVPN Win/Mac Test in China-20210130 - Today we will test StrongVPN's China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking "StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)". If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through "China VPN Download (zh)", which includes both local and official download methods.
- StrongVPN China’s APP Mac Test-20201226 - In the last issue, I tested the Windows version of StrongVPN, "StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed", and today I will continue to test StrongVPN, but today's wall test platform will be changed to MacBook. StrongVPN has developed a version for mainland China users that can break through the Great Wall of the Internet, and you can find the download address and tutorial for the Mac version in the article "StrongVPN Can't Connect Solution(zh)". I hope that this wall test can read the reader some reference and reference...
- StrongVPN China’s APP Win10 Test-Succeed - Long-term readers who have been following the tests on this site must have seen that I have been following and testing StrongVPN for more than a year, but since October, StrongVPN International APP has been completely blocked by the Chinese network firewall, during which I also tested it twice respectively on October 30, 2020 and December 23, 2020. After I gave feedback on the specifics of my test in China through StrongVPN's official homepage Feedback, they replied to me in an hour and gave me a wall connection plan for Windows, Mac, IOS and Android respectively. I will arrange the test for each device one after another, I can't test the Android phone because I don't have an Android machine in my hand, so I'm sorry, but I will release the specific plan to you. I hope to do a reference for everyone...
- StrongVPN Win10 all protocol test in china - It has been more than a month since I last tested StrongVPN, and from the last test, its APP direct connection could not be connected. Today I will use Windows devices as the test platform and test StrongVPN's APP direct connection and then test its OpenVPN Gui as well. If its OpenVPN test goes well, I will pay more attention to it and add its OpenVPN Gui connection to the regular test. I hope this test will be helpful to all readers.
- StrongVPN Test in China-20201030 - I took advantage of the free time I had in hand this afternoon to run a connection test on StrongVPN in Windows 10, but the test found that none of the specific protocols could connect successfully, and then I ran a similar test on my iPhone and Macbook. The results were the same, I always thought that this October would be peaceful, and it hasn't been, so far multiple VPNs have been found to be unable to connect, even with manual configuration. Here are the results of today's test, which I'll be posting broken down by different devices, protocols, networks...
Starting Time: Jan 30, 2020, 10:33 AM
Local Device and Network: Mac/Win10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
Servers select: random;
Windows10 StrongVPN China’s APP Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to follow the official advice.
Another point to note is that the IP address shown on the APP after connecting to the server will have a cache delay, so don’t refer to it. If you want to check the real IP after going over the wall, you can use a special tool to check the IP. For example, after SpeedTest opens, the default connection area is the correct IP area of the server.
Taiwan – Taipei: Failed; (Try once)
The reason for this server connection failure should be that this server does not support OpenVPN-UDP, it only supports three connection protocols, SSTP, L2TP and PPTP.
Windows Summary: During the testing process, we found that you need to select a server that supports OpenVPN-UDP when you choose a server, but since the StrongVPN China-specific program is still to be improved, the protocol options are not updated immediately when you select a server. You need to connect before it will pop up whether the protocol is supported or not. However, for users, they only need to use it for a while to know which servers are not supported by OpenVPN-UDP, so they can just not go to connect later. Currently StrongVPN has a very high connection success rate and very good speed in Windows 10. I hope it stays for a long time, and I will keep a close eye on its movement.
StrongVPN Windows Version: 1.65
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Macbook StrongVPN China’s APP Test：
Mac Summary: I tested StrongVPN’s China-specific version in my Macbook this afternoon, and the situation of its server’s connection success rate is very good. But I don’t know if I had less luck with the randomly selected servers, or indeed the speed of StrongVPN in Macbook is worse. But all the results of the test are as I have temporarily above.
StrongVPN Macbook Version：200
Today’s Test Score：★ ★ ★ ☆