Today we will test StrongVPN’s China-specific app on Windows and Macbook. StrongVPN has launched three China-specific versions: Windows, MacOS, and Android, while the IOS China-specific version is still under development and requires manual IKEv2 configuration through the VPN that comes with IOS. The IOS China version is still under development. The tutorials for each device can be read by clicking “StrongVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)”. If you need to download StrongVPN China-specific version, you can download it through “China VPN Download (zh)”, which includes both local and official download methods.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as…
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter …
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has…
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (Stron…
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international vers…
Starting Time: Jan 30, 2020, 10:33 AM
Local Device and Network: Mac/Win10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
Servers select: random;
Windows10 StrongVPN China’s APP Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to follow the official advice.
Another point to note is that the IP address shown on the APP after connecting to the server will have a cache delay, so don’t refer to it. If you want to check the real IP after going over the wall, you can use a special tool to check the IP. For example, after SpeedTest opens, the default connection area is the correct IP area of the server.
Taiwan – Taipei: Failed; (Try once)
The reason for this server connection failure should be that this server does not support OpenVPN-UDP, it only supports three connection protocols, SSTP, L2TP and PPTP.
Windows Summary: During the testing process, we found that you need to select a server that supports OpenVPN-UDP when you choose a server, but since the StrongVPN China-specific program is still to be improved, the protocol options are not updated immediately when you select a server. You need to connect before it will pop up whether the protocol is supported or not. However, for users, they only need to use it for a while to know which servers are not supported by OpenVPN-UDP, so they can just not go to connect later. Currently StrongVPN has a very high connection success rate and very good speed in Windows 10. I hope it stays for a long time, and I will keep a close eye on its movement.
StrongVPN Windows Version: 1.65
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Macbook StrongVPN China’s APP Test：
Mac Summary: I tested StrongVPN’s China-specific version in my Macbook this afternoon, and the situation of its server’s connection success rate is very good. But I don’t know if I had less luck with the randomly selected servers, or indeed the speed of StrongVPN in Macbook is worse. But all the results of the test are as I have temporarily above.
StrongVPN Macbook Version：200
Today’s Test Score：★ ★ ★ ☆