Today’s test will be performed on StrongVPN in Macbook/MocOS devices, using the app’s direct connection for three latitudes: server connection success rate, speed after wall connection, and server connection aging. The speed test is mainly performed using the two tools SpeedTest and Netflix Fast, while depending on the specific case maybe I will also introduce YouTube Connection Speed into the reference for the speed test. If you have any questions or need to discuss anything, you can browse at the bottom of the article. Also hopefully this test will provide some objectivity for our readers!
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test!: 10Beasts_Barry
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it’s available or not, and I’ll be honest about it.
Local Device and Network: MacOS/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 228Mbps; Upload: 22.2Mbps;
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as the primary connection tool in Macbook, Windows, and Android. Since my testing, I have not been unable to connect. Due to the audit rules of IOS App, unfortunately, there is no "Client" version for the time being, so you need to connect through manual configuration. However, the international version of the app is currently available for direct connection. You can read all the test reports about StrongVPN on this site, there are 66 of them so far.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific method can refer to the "StrongVPN can not connect solution (zh)", there are detailed tutorials in the text. This time, I hope to test the connection through the international version of StrongVPN App in IOS. If you have questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so it's the first place to start. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
StrongVPN MacOS App Connection test in China：
Starting Time: Oct 18, 2020, 2:23 PM
The following test servers be random; Protocol: IKEv2;
USA – Atlanta: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 226ms; Download: 1.89Mbps; Upload: 3.74Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.7Mbps;
USA – Charlotte: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 233ms; Download: 0.47Mbps; Upload: 2.57Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.8Mbps;
USA – Chicago: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 179ms; Download: 0.6Mbps; Upload: 2.94Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.2Mbps;
USA – Dallas: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 181ms; Download: 0.58Mbps; Upload: 1.1Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.7Mbps;
USA – Denver: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 243ms; Download: 0.68Mbps; Upload: 3.1Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.5Mbps;
USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 293ms; Download: 0.63Mbps; Upload: 1.91Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.0Mbps;
USA – Las Vegas: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 150ms; Download: 0.43Mbps; Upload: 1.89Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 1.9Mbps;
USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 276ms; Download: 0.62Mbps; Upload: 1.56Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.3Mbps;
USA – Phoenix: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 219ms; Download: 1.74Mbps; Upload: 3.39Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 3.0Mbps;
USA – San Francisco: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 155ms; Download: 1.07Mbps; Upload: 2.16Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 19Mbps;
UK – Canterbury: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 220ms; Download: 0.57Mbps; Upload: 4.01Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 160Kbps;
UK – Maidenhead: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 223ms; Download: 5.04Mbps; Upload: 0.81Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.1Mbps;
Taiwan – Taipei: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 128ms; Download: 0.51Mbps; Upload: 0.58Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 86Kbps;
South Korea – Seoul: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 79ms; Download: 1.41Mbps; Upload: 5.47Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 290Kbps;
Singapore: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 238ms; Download: 0.35Mbps; Upload: 1.66Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 120Kbps;
Japan – Tokyo: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 216ms; Download: 0.23Mbps; Upload: 1.05Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 4Mbps;
Summary: A total of 16 servers were randomly selected for today’s test, with a focus on servers in the US. From the test results, StrongVPN has a very good performance in Macbook app connection. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to use it, but I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to use it, and I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to use it. I hope that the official can improve and provide the user experience in this area.
StrongVPN MacOS Version: 2.2.2(45556) Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★