March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message…
- Win10 StrongVPN and Client Version test in China - January 25, 2022 VPN China test. StrongVPN is one of the very resilient VPNs on my test VPN list. Their StrongVPN Client App versions are preferred as the primary connection tool in Macbook, Windows, and Android. Since my testing, I have not been unable to connect. Due to the audit rules of IOS App, unfortunately, there is no "Client" version for the time being, so you need to connect through manual configuration. However, the international version of the app is currently available for direct connection. You can read all the test reports about StrongVPN on this site, there are 66…
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific…
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so…
Starting Time: Mar 5, 2021, 1:47 PM
Local device and network: Win10/300M China Telecom/WiFi;
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP;
Windows10 StrongVPN China’s APP Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to follow the official advice.
Another point to note is that the IP address shown on the APP after connecting to the server will have a cache delay, so don’t refer to it. If you want to check the real IP after connecting, you can use a special tool to check the IP. For example, after SpeedTest opens, the default connection area is the correct IP area of the server.
USA – Miami (303): First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 0.44Mbps; Upload: 10.51Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 7949Kbps;
USA – Washington DC (304): First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms; Download: 22.99Mbps; Upload: 32.45Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 33588Kbps;
USA – Chicago (308): First success; (Time efficiency: 43s)
Speedtest Ping: 216ms; Download: 0.63Mbps; Upload: 33.93Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 8437Kbps;
USA – Houston (301): First success; (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 269ms; Download: 0.37Mbps; Upload: 11.73Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 7618Kbps;
USA – Atlanta (304): First success; (Time efficiency: 14s)
Speedtest Ping: 198ms; Download: 0.75Mbps; Upload: 21.89Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 12267Kbps;
UK – London (314): First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
Speedtest Ping: 241ms; Download: 0.66Mbps; Upload: 29.99Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 6442Kbps;
UK – Maidenhead (301): First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 231ms; Download: 1.12Mbps; Upload: 19.29Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 10062Kbps;
Japan – Tokyo (301): First success; (Time efficiency: 46s)
Speedtest Ping: 59ms; Download: 20.12Mbps; Upload: 33.45Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 64761Kbps;
Summary: The above is the test result of StrongVPN China Windows version, I randomly checked 8 servers, the server test connection success rate is 100%, although the random check is 100% successful, but I think it is impossible for all the servers can be successfully connected, according to my previous experience if the server does not support OpenVPN UDP will not be able to According to my previous experience, if the server does not support OpenVPN UDP, it will not be able to connect successfully, and the test result only shows that most of the servers in its Chinese version can realize the wall. In addition, the YouTube connection speed after a successful wall connection is very good, SpeedTest test data is not good, why there is such a difference I do not know, which is why I will test both speed tools and screenshots to show the reason.
StrongVPN launched two devices in the Chinese version, respectively MacOS and Windows, you can find the official download link and local download link in the “China VPN Download“. For IOS and Android I will follow up with the official news and I will post an article to inform you as soon as it is launched.
StrongVPN Windows Version: 1.6.5
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆