March 5, 2021, today is the first day of the official start of the Chinese sessions. I tested the Chinese Windows version of NordVPN in the morning and found that the firewall has started to increase significantly. Now I want to test the Win10 China version of StrongVPN to see if there is any impact on this VPN. The main thing to note is that StrongVPN has launched dedicated versions for Windows and MacOS for China, while IOS and Android currently require connection via manual configuration, and I will often contact official customer service to ask if a new mainland version is available.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
StrongVPN Last 6 Test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- StrongVPN iOS/iPhone App test in China - December 8, 2021 China VPN connection test, StrongVPN for mainland China to break through the Great Firewall, in Windows, MacOS, Android currently has two options for connection. The first is the official recommendation to use its mainland China-specific version of StrongVPN Client, a method that is stable for a long time. According to recent tests, the international version of StrongVPN can also be connected in the above three devices, please see the recent "StrongVPN Daily Speed Test" test report for details. The official Client version is not available in IOS, it needs to be manually configured to connect, the specific…
- StrongVPN and Client Version Macbook test in China - December 3, 2021 China VPN test, today will be a VPN test in Macbook for StrongVPN's China version (StrongVPN Client) and International version (StrongVPN). Yesterday, we tested both versions in Windows, and the results were good. Now it would be great if you can successfully connect to flip through the international version (StrongVPN) in MacOS as well. Before testing, we checked the version of both apps in MacOS and confirmed that they are the latest version. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment (anonymous) to exchange.
- StrongVPN Client and internetional Win test in China - December 2, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today in Windows 10 for StrongVPN's China-specific version (StrongVPN Client) and international version (StrongVPN). Previously, for a longer period of time, StrongVPN (Win/Mac/Android) users in China were connected through its dedicated version (StrongVPN Client), but IOS needed to be connected through manual configuration. If StrongVPN is able to restore the international version, then IOS will also get the App direct connection restored. This is positive for StrongVPN on either device. I'll follow up with test reports on StrongVPN International for other devices, because Windows has the largest number of users, so…
- StrongVPN Win10 Test in China – Surprises - China VPN test on October 18, 2021. Previously tested the Client version of StrongVPN for mainland China in Windows 10 on September 18, and had 4 successful server connections that time (courtesy of the official techs). In the past month no 2-3 days I try to connect using this version of USA-San Francisco-309 server and the stability is very good. I'll be testing these four servers again, and I contacted StrongVPN's customer service for nearly 10 additional servers before testing, and I want to try out their connections in China. This will provide a more comprehensive understanding of the stability…
- StrongVPN Client MacOS test in China-2021/9/24 - 2021 September 24 China VPN connection test, in the 18th of this month on Windows 10, in Windows as long as you use the correct method can be very stable. 18 test of the four servers to today 24 can still be used normally (measured this morning). This time, the connection will be tested in MacBook, Macbook is better than Win, some time ago in Win there was a difficult connection, but MacOS system using StrongVPN Client has been stable, to carry out will be tested again on its actual.
Starting Time: Mar 5, 2021, 1:47 PM
Local device and network: Win10/300M China Telecom/WiFi;
Protocol: OpenVPN UDP;
Windows10 StrongVPN China’s APP Test:
According to the official advice, it is best to uninstall the original international version of StrongVPN before installing the China-specific version of the app, and then install it. I think this is to avoid conflicts between the two programs, I didn’t uninstall the international version when I tested the installation, and installed the China-specific version directly on it, which also works. But I still suggest that it is best to follow the official advice.
Another point to note is that the IP address shown on the APP after connecting to the server will have a cache delay, so don’t refer to it. If you want to check the real IP after connecting, you can use a special tool to check the IP. For example, after SpeedTest opens, the default connection area is the correct IP area of the server.
Summary: The above is the test result of StrongVPN China Windows version, I randomly checked 8 servers, the server test connection success rate is 100%, although the random check is 100% successful, but I think it is impossible for all the servers can be successfully connected, according to my previous experience if the server does not support OpenVPN UDP will not be able to According to my previous experience, if the server does not support OpenVPN UDP, it will not be able to connect successfully, and the test result only shows that most of the servers in its Chinese version can realize the wall. In addition, the YouTube connection speed after a successful wall connection is very good, SpeedTest test data is not good, why there is such a difference I do not know, which is why I will test both speed tools and screenshots to show the reason.
StrongVPN launched two devices in the Chinese version, respectively MacOS and Windows, you can find the official download link and local download link in the “China VPN Download“. For IOS and Android I will follow up with the official news and I will post an article to inform you as soon as it is launched.
StrongVPN Windows Version: 1.6.5
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆