It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version, it has removed the previous modes like “Internet Freedom” and “Streaming”. In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 18.104.22.168, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let’s start testing!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
PureVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Win10 test in China – December 29, 2021 - 2021 December 29 China VPN Test, a server connection and speed test of PureVPN in Windows 10 devices will be conducted today. The latest version of the PureVPN App in the device has been checked prior to the test. The test connection was made using PureVPN's default Automatic protocol option. The "Split Tunneling" feature is turned off, but users can turn it on if they need to, and when it is turned on they can specify that the app take the VPN server traffic.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- PureVPN Win/Mac and BBC iPlayer test in China - November 29, 2021 China VPN test, a test of PureVPN in Windows 10 devices will be conducted today. According to the results of the test on November 12 (last issue), PureVPN (version 22.214.171.124) has seen a lot of connectivity improvements in mainland China, which can almost be described as an explosion. This time PureVPN has a new version update, the upgraded version is 126.96.36.199. test before I also do not know the specific connection, let's review this VPN connection and speed through the real mainland China flip test it! If you have any questions you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- PureVPN Last Version Win10 Test in China - September 16, 2021 China VPN test. It's been a month or so since the PureVPN report, and I just went to check out the new version 188.8.131.52 of PureVPN for Windows. I'm looking forward to the new version of PureVPN in China to see if the connection has changed, and I hope that this test will give a true picture of how PureVPN is actually used in the mainland. It's also worth noting that PureVPN's browser plug-in works well for those who only want a single browser to connect, rather than a global network connection, and those interested can try it out for themselves. If there is time I will also spot check the test.
- PureVPN Windows10 test in China-2021/8/9 - August 9, 2021 China VPN test, which will be conducted today on PureVPN in Windows 10 devices, will use the default automatic protocol for connectivity. The test was preceded by checking and updating its latest version to 184.108.40.206. The purpose of the test is to see how PureVPN currently connects in Windows devices in mainland China over time. Due to the dynamics of the Chinese firewall, the test will not help you understand how it will operate in the future. I will conduct the connection test while ensuring that it is true and valid, and whether the test results are good or bad, they will be listed as such for the reader's reference.
- PureVPN Win10 New/Old Version test-2021/7/7 - July 7, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows 10 devices for PureVPN old and new version comparison test, the test will use Auto and IKEv2 two protocols for connection test, test two versions 220.127.116.11 (old version) / 18.104.22.168 (the latest version), two versions comparison test can understand Whether PureVPN has made improvements to the VPN. Meanwhile, in the setting options of the latest version 22.214.171.124, it is found that PureVPN has added the "Split Tunneling" feature, which is a split tunneling feature that allows you to choose the appropriate program to take the VPN server traffic or not after connecting to the VPN. This feature is very useful for many users in mainland China, but the premise is that PureVPN must be able to be used in mainland China l. Here's how to test it...
Starting Time: Feb 3, 2021, 1:52 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
PureVPN Version: 126.96.36.199;
UK – Manchester: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
USA – Salt Lake City: First success; (Time efficiency: 18s)
Speedtest Ping: 271ms; Download: 0.47Mbps; Upload: 1.18Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 2378Kbps;
USA – Ashburn: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Taiwan – Tapei: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 265ms; Download: 82.92Mbps; Upload: 2.37Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13712Kbps;
Note: It was a coincidence that I connected to the Taiwan server, as it automatically disconnected when I was in USA-Ashburn, and I wanted to launch the connection to that server halfway through. This got me connected. Haha! From this misuse may be able to learn that a server we can try to connect multiple times, perhaps with different results. In my test due to time constraints, I can not repeat a number of times to test a server, so each server I only test once, connected or not depends on its fate. Haha!
USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: 22s)
Speedtest Ping: Unable to connect;
YouTube Connection Speed: 40Kbps;
There was a disconnection after connecting from the server, and then immediately connected automatically, but the test found that the speed was extremely poor at the moment.
Canada – Vancouver: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Toronto: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Quebec: Failed; (Try once)
Note: While connecting to test this server, I found a flaw in the design of PureVPN APP, when a server cannot connect successfully, it is always connected and there is no button for me to stop or quit the connection. As shown below, there is a “Cancel Connection” button at the bottom which is supposed to do this, but for some reason, the button is “grayed out” at the moment, so I can’t click it. Is the only way to stop it at this point is to quit the app? If I just quit, I’m worried about DNS or other errors. I hope PureVPN technology can solve this problem. I ended up forcing out of the app, and it did come up with a Micro. Net or some such error, I didn’t see it clearly, I restarted the computer and continued testing.
Summary: A sample of 18 servers were tested in this new version of PureVPN in Windows, and a total of 11 servers connected successfully. Its server connection success rate is still very good, after all, is in the pan server continue to choose. Users from different regions and different ISPs can add the right servers to their collection according to their usual connection and speed, so that after using them for a while, you will get a group of servers that are perfect for you to connect to the wall.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 188.8.131.52 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★