It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version, it has removed the previous modes like “Internet Freedom” and “Streaming”. In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 220.127.116.11, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let’s start testing!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
PureVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Win/iPhone/Mac Test in China - March 1, 2021 test, today is the second test of PureVPN after the big upgrade, this test I will test PureVPN in Windows, iPhone, Macbook three devices using IKEv2 connection protocol, the test to Windows mainly, iPhone and Macbook as a supplement. An overall look at PureVPN's APP connection to different devices in mainland China. As there is no Android device in hand, I can't test it. I hope PureVPN for Android can provide some usage and experience sharing in the comment section.
- Win10 PureVPN Test in China–20210203 - It's been a long time since I've looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version... In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 18.104.22.168, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let's start testing!
- PureVPN Browser Extension in China-20210105 - This test to thank readers @Jim Burt on PureVPN browser extension plug-in in China VPN use to share: PureVPN is available for Google and Firefox browser plug-in, where login purevpn can use most servers, and excellent speed, but also stable not to drop, while this feature can achieve a browser local connection VPN traffic a The function. I will use Windows as the test platform today for Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, in addition to the use of Chrome kernel browser can also be universal such as Brave. Whether both devices can access overseas websites through browser plug-ins for users in mainland China.
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201228 - Last night, reader @anonymous left me a message that many of PureVPN's servers were unreachable. When I saw this message I wanted to see what kind of situation PureVPN is currently in through actual testing. The test device still uses the Windows 10 platform, and now it's close to New Year's Day, according to previous years, the use of this should not appear to block the VPN on a large scale. But things are unpredictable, which may be a leader's head, that millions of Chinese netizens should suffer...
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201219 - Today is a routine test of PureVPN in Windwos 10 to verify that PureVPN's app still works properly in mainland China today by actually testing the connection over the wall. It's a boring and tedious job, but it's been nearly 2 years since the [Daily Test] section was opened. Although at first I hope to provide a daily test content, but due to their own work, really do not have a lot of time; but generally in 2-3 days will certainly come out a piece, blocking period, then multiple daily is not necessarily. A small thing persistently done, I believe it will definitely bring value to readers.
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201204 - PureVPN is being tested today on Windows 10 devices in mainland China. This is a routine test, and in order to maintain a realistic view of how each VPN is actually flipping in China, I will be running actual tests on these VPNs over the course of a cycle, which I think is the closest I can get to the truth. For this test I will also be testing Virtual Servers for tagged (Virtual) servers. Also, since there may be some issues with PureVPN and SpeedTest's servers, and since the test results sometimes...
Starting Time: Feb 3, 2021, 1:52 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
PureVPN Version: 22.214.171.124;
UK – Manchester: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
USA – Salt Lake City: First success; (Time efficiency: 18s)
Speedtest Ping: 271ms; Download: 0.47Mbps; Upload: 1.18Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 2378Kbps;
USA – Ashburn: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Taiwan – Tapei: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 265ms; Download: 82.92Mbps; Upload: 2.37Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13712Kbps;
Note: It was a coincidence that I connected to the Taiwan server, as it automatically disconnected when I was in USA-Ashburn, and I wanted to launch the connection to that server halfway through. This got me connected. Haha! From this misuse may be able to learn that a server we can try to connect multiple times, perhaps with different results. In my test due to time constraints, I can not repeat a number of times to test a server, so each server I only test once, connected or not depends on its fate. Haha!
USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: 22s)
Speedtest Ping: Unable to connect;
YouTube Connection Speed: 40Kbps;
There was a disconnection after connecting from the server, and then immediately connected automatically, but the test found that the speed was extremely poor at the moment.
Canada – Vancouver: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Toronto: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Quebec: Failed; (Try once)
Note: While connecting to test this server, I found a flaw in the design of PureVPN APP, when a server cannot connect successfully, it is always connected and there is no button for me to stop or quit the connection. As shown below, there is a “Cancel Connection” button at the bottom which is supposed to do this, but for some reason, the button is “grayed out” at the moment, so I can’t click it. Is the only way to stop it at this point is to quit the app? If I just quit, I’m worried about DNS or other errors. I hope PureVPN technology can solve this problem. I ended up forcing out of the app, and it did come up with a Micro. Net or some such error, I didn’t see it clearly, I restarted the computer and continued testing.
Summary: A sample of 18 servers were tested in this new version of PureVPN in Windows, and a total of 11 servers connected successfully. Its server connection success rate is still very good, after all, is in the pan server continue to choose. Users from different regions and different ISPs can add the right servers to their collection according to their usual connection and speed, so that after using them for a while, you will get a group of servers that are perfect for you to connect to the wall.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 126.96.36.199 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★