It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version, it has removed the previous modes like “Internet Freedom” and “Streaming”. In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 184.108.40.206, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let’s start testing!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
PureVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Last Version Win10 Test in China - September 16, 2021 China VPN test. It's been a month or so since the PureVPN report, and I just went to check out the new version 220.127.116.11 of PureVPN f…
- PureVPN Windows10 test in China-2021/8/9 - August 9, 2021 China VPN test, which will be conducted today on PureVPN in Windows 10 devices, will use the default automatic protocol for connectivit…
- PureVPN Win10 New/Old Version test-2021/7/7 - July 7, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows 10 devices for PureVPN old and new version comparison test, the test will use Auto and IKEv2 two…
- PureVPN Win10 test in China-2021/6/15 - June 15, 2021 China VPN test, today will test the Windows version of PureVPN, this test PureVPN version is 18.104.22.168, VPN connection protocol will use A…
- PureVPN iPhone 3 Protocol Test in China - May 27, 2021 China VPN test, today I will test the international universal version of PureVPN's APP in IOS/iPhone for mainland China. the IOS version …
- PureVPN Windows test in China-2021/5/24 - May 24, 2021 China VPN real test, in 11 days is the day of network blockade, according to the practice of the past years. China network blockade will …
Starting Time: Feb 3, 2021, 1:52 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
PureVPN Version: 22.214.171.124;
UK – Manchester: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
USA – Salt Lake City: First success; (Time efficiency: 18s)
Speedtest Ping: 271ms; Download: 0.47Mbps; Upload: 1.18Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 2378Kbps;
USA – Ashburn: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Taiwan – Tapei: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 265ms; Download: 82.92Mbps; Upload: 2.37Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13712Kbps;
Note: It was a coincidence that I connected to the Taiwan server, as it automatically disconnected when I was in USA-Ashburn, and I wanted to launch the connection to that server halfway through. This got me connected. Haha! From this misuse may be able to learn that a server we can try to connect multiple times, perhaps with different results. In my test due to time constraints, I can not repeat a number of times to test a server, so each server I only test once, connected or not depends on its fate. Haha!
USA – Houston: First success; (Time efficiency: 22s)
Speedtest Ping: Unable to connect;
YouTube Connection Speed: 40Kbps;
There was a disconnection after connecting from the server, and then immediately connected automatically, but the test found that the speed was extremely poor at the moment.
Canada – Vancouver: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Toronto: Failed; (Try once, Connected and then disconnected)
Canada – Quebec: Failed; (Try once)
Note: While connecting to test this server, I found a flaw in the design of PureVPN APP, when a server cannot connect successfully, it is always connected and there is no button for me to stop or quit the connection. As shown below, there is a “Cancel Connection” button at the bottom which is supposed to do this, but for some reason, the button is “grayed out” at the moment, so I can’t click it. Is the only way to stop it at this point is to quit the app? If I just quit, I’m worried about DNS or other errors. I hope PureVPN technology can solve this problem. I ended up forcing out of the app, and it did come up with a Micro. Net or some such error, I didn’t see it clearly, I restarted the computer and continued testing.
Summary: A sample of 18 servers were tested in this new version of PureVPN in Windows, and a total of 11 servers connected successfully. Its server connection success rate is still very good, after all, is in the pan server continue to choose. Users from different regions and different ISPs can add the right servers to their collection according to their usual connection and speed, so that after using them for a while, you will get a group of servers that are perfect for you to connect to the wall.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 126.96.36.199 Protocol: IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★