Last night, reader @anonymous left me a message that many of PureVPN’s servers were unreachable. When I saw this message I wanted to see what kind of situation PureVPN is currently in through actual testing. The test device still uses the Windows 10 platform, and now it’s close to New Year’s Day, according to previous years, the use of this should not appear to block the VPN on a large scale. But things are unpredictable, which may be a leader’s head, that millions of Chinese netizens should suffer.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Think the content is good, forward to everyone!Tweet
Barry: I’ve been hoping to relay a message to all readers: firewalls will always exist in the foreseeable future; with this wall in place, the use of any VPN or other tool by users within China is a dynamic process, and there is no one-and-done approach. That’s why I insist on updating the [Daily Test] column. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real situation of the current use of the modified VPN, whether it is available or not, I will tell the truth.
PureVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - April 7, 2021 - Today will be a test of the IKEv2 protocol in PureVPN's App in Windows 10. Before testing I checked the latest version of PureVPN and confirmed that 18.104.22.168 is currently the latest version in Win10. When checking its version, I found that the initial loading speed of PureVPN is quite long when opening, about 90 seconds, which is not a good experience for users. But then again, for mainland China users, being able to connect to the server successfully and securely is the most important thing.
- PureVPN Windows / Macbook IKEv2 Protocol Test in China - March 24, 2021, PureVPN will be tested again in Windows 10 and Macbook for mainland China. It's been 9 days since the last test, and regular server connection tests for each VPN are a must to understand how a VPN actually works in mainland China. The PureVPN App in this test is the international common version, the protocol which is using IKEv2, I hope that this test will let you know its real usage in China region.
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - March 15, 2021, I can't believe I forgot to test PureVPN recently. After looking at the last test of PureVPN which actually stopped on March 1, today I will once again test PureVPN in mainland China, and the test will use the IKEv2 protocol to connect. The choice of servers was randomly selected, as PureVPN officially does not specify which servers are suitable for mainland China. Hopefully, such a test will provide some reference for readers during their usage.
- PureVPN Win/iPhone/Mac Test in China - March 1, 2021 test, today is the second test of PureVPN after the big upgrade, this test I will test PureVPN in Windows, iPhone, Macbook three devices using IKEv2 connection protocol, the test to Windows mainly, iPhone and Macbook as a supplement. An overall look at PureVPN's APP connection to different devices in mainland China. As there is no Android device in hand, I can't test it. I hope PureVPN for Android can provide some usage and experience sharing in the comment section.
- Win10 PureVPN Test in China–20210203 - It's been a long time since I've looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version... In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 22.214.171.124, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let's start testing!
- PureVPN Browser Extension in China-20210105 - This test to thank readers @Jim Burt on PureVPN browser extension plug-in in China VPN use to share: PureVPN is available for Google and Firefox browser plug-in, where login purevpn can use most servers, and excellent speed, but also stable not to drop, while this feature can achieve a browser local connection VPN traffic a The function. I will use Windows as the test platform today for Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, in addition to the use of Chrome kernel browser can also be universal such as Brave. Whether both devices can access overseas websites through browser plug-ins for users in mainland China.
Starting Time: Dec 28, 2020, 1:40 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
PureVPN’s Version: 7.1.3;
Protocol: Netwrok + Automatic;
When testing, the test is sorted by Ping’s feedback time. (Virtual) virtual server I have always thought that its server connection success rate is not high, so do not test the. As PureVPN has not officially announced which servers are available in mainland China, I have been using a wide range of blind tests.
Russia: Failed; (Try once)
United States: Failed; (Try once)
Taiwan: Failed; (Try once)
Canada: Failed; (Try once)
Netherlands: Failed; (Try once)
Ireland: Failed; (Try once)
Iceland: First success; (Time efficiency: 19s)
Speedtest Ping: 234ms; Download: 1.66Mbps; Upload: 2.14Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 3433Kbps;
Hungary: Failed; (Try once)
Spain: Failed; (Try once)
Greece: Failed; (Try once)
Belgium: Failed; (Try once)
Indonesia: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 237ms; Download: 1.26Mbps; Upload: 2.2Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 5965Kbps;
Summary: Today I tested PureVPN APP direct connection in Windows 10 devices, and I tested 29 servers in total, and successfully connected to 14 of them, the success rate is around 50%. As a random selection of Chinese connections without official guidance, having this success rate is still very good. Compared with the previous test, the success rate is similar and has not changed much. Also the speed after connection is not bad, I am referring to YouTube connection speed.
Thanks again to @anonymous for leaving me another message when I was about to finish my test to let me know that PureVPN’s servers had recovered better than before. So my test and the information @anonymous provided corroborated each other. I hope other readers will do the same and leave a comment to let me know what you find. Messages are login-free and anonymous, so you don’t have to worry about compromising your privacy.
Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Today’s YouTube Best Server:
South Korea: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 46ms; Download: 1.53Mbps; Upload: 5.71Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22880Kbps;
Today’s Speed Test Best Server:
Vietnam: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 414ms; Download: 18.86Mbps; Upload: 1.0Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9858Kbps;
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 7.1.3 （Network Free） Protocol: Auto
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆