March 4, 2021, this morning, reader @Felix left me a message “Barry, just now nord seems to be not working, with quick connect has not been able to connect, test it”. In order to verify @Felix’s situation, I immediately tested the China-specific version of NordVPN’s APP, and I verified that the latest version of NordVPN is still 188.8.131.52, not updated. I tested it on February 28th, using the OK “NordVPN Windows10 China’s Version Test-20210228“. NordVPN has always been the first target of firewalls, and if it really has connection problems, then it is probable that This two-meeting blockade has begun. Let me run the test!
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope that the results of the personal test will prevail, and then supplemented by readers' comments, so that we can have a more comprehensive understanding of its use.
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps some readers reading my test report will be puzzled, a good connection, and then can not be connected. But I tell you this is the actual situation of users in mainland China, always hovering between stability and instability, sometimes need to use some specific techniques to connect. And that's why I need to keep testing.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are major changes I will arrange to test, if not then the biggest possibility is that its situation remains the same.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN users. If there are any questions or if you are using it in a way that is inconsistent with the test results, I hope you can leave a comment to share.
- NPC six Day NordVPN Windows China’s App already dead - March 10, 2021, today is the sixth day of the two sessions in China, and the whole session will be over in half a day tomorrow. Today I will continue testing NordVPN China for Windows on the mainland. I wonder if the firewall blockade will be tightened up as the conference draws to a close! All my tests are listed according to the real situation of the test, because currently NordVPN uses a similar "black box + thousands of people" way of server matching, all different users may connect to different servers in the process of use. But in any case, I just want to tell you the real test situation so that you can use it as a reference!
- NPC five day, are you ok? NordVPN Window test in China！ - Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN's connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sniped by the firewall upgrade during the two sessions, but at least a few servers could still connect successfully. Seeing the results of that test, I'm worried that the situation will further deteriorate, currently NordVPN in Windows provides only "NordVPN China APP" a solution, the official has canceled the previous OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution (no configurable The official OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution has been cancelled (no configurable server information is provided).
Starting Time: Mar 4, 10:24 AM
Local device and network: Windows10/300M China Telecom/WiFi;
NordVPN Version: China’s App 184.108.40.206
Protocol setting path: Setting->Auto-connect->Choose a VPN Protocol and server automatically, its default is “on The default is “on” which means “automatic”. When “off” is selected, a protocol option will pop up, the available protocols are: OpenVPN (UDP), OpenVPN (TCP), Nordlynx.
The following is to connect directly by clicking the “Quick Conncet” button in the APP interface, the server to be connected is automatically assigned by NordVPN APP, and the user cannot choose. The following “Quick Connect (1)” indicates the first time you click this button to connect, “Quick Connect (2)” indicates the second time you click this button to connect after disconnecting from the previous connection, and so on. and so on.
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (2) – Japan #2221: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (3) – UK #4255: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 244ms. Download: 127.29Mbps. Upload: 32.3Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 10948Kbps;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (4) – USA #7256: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (5) – Japan #2224: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (6) – UK #4256: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (7) – UK #4254: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (8) – Japan #2224: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (9) – Japan #2224: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (10) – Japan #2223: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 86ms. Download: 4.89Mbps. Upload: 39.05Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 19402Kbps;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (11) – UK #4254: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (12) – Japan #2223: First success; (Repeat servers do not speed test)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (13) – Japan #2221: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (14) – Japan #2221: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (15) – Japan #2223: First success; (Repeat servers do not speed test)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (16) – USA #7254: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (17) – USA #7256: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (18) – USA #7254: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (19) – UK #4256: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (20) – USA #7254: Failed; (Repeated server connections)
The following is a test case of connecting to the server directly by clicking on the region name on the left side of the app, the way to connect by this method is “4 clicks (double click + double click)” left mouse button.
Nordlynx – Australia – Australia #636: Failed;
Nordlynx – Austria – Austria #96: Failed;
Nordlynx – Canada – Canada #3219: Failed;
Nordlynx – Denmark – Denmark #210: Failed;
Nordlynx – Germany – Germany #941: Failed;
Nordlynx – Hong Kong – HK #250: Failed;
Nordlynx – Taiwan – TW #105: Failed;
Nordlynx – USA – USA #7254: Failed;
Nordlynx – USA – USA #7256: Failed;
Nordlynx – USA – USA #7257: Failed;
Nordlynx – USA – USA #7256: Failed;(Repeated server connections)
Nordlynx – UK – UK #4254: Failed;
Nordlynx – UK – UK #4258: First success; (Repeat servers do not speed test)
Nordlynx – UK – UK #4257: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 231ms. Download: 21.84Mbps. Upload: 37.91Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 10494Kbps;
Nordlynx – UK – UK #4255: First success; (Repeat servers do not speed test)
Summary: From today’s test compared to the February 28 test, the number of servers available for connection has been greatly reduced. In the last test, there were 12 servers that could be connected in China. Now only 4 servers can be connected through NordLynx protocol using “Quick Connect” and “directly select region to connect”. This means that China’s network firewall has started to upgrade and NordVPN’s servers have started to be blocked. In the coming time, it is very likely that NordVPN will be unable to connect to all servers, and the officials will probably update the configuration servers of OpenVPN Gui for emergencies and restore them one by one after the blocking period. The two sessions started on March 5, and will last for 6 and a half days in total. I’ll be watching the movements of the VPNs for the time being, and I hope you’ll leave comments sharing what you’ve encountered.
Version: Chinia’s NordVPN 220.127.116.11 （Download）
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ☆