Today, February 28, 2021, NordVPN’s China-specific version for Windows 10 will be tested. The main thing to note is that this version is a special app developed by NordVPN for restricted countries, and currently NordVPN has only two versions of the restricted app for Windows and Android, so if you need to download them you can click on “China VPN Download“The download page contains both local and official downloads.
How to set the connection protocol: Settings–>Auto connect–>Choose a VPN Protocol and server Automatic (turn off here)–>VPN Protocol option set to NordLynx Recommended.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope that the results of the personal test will prevail, and then supplemented by readers' comments, so that we can have…
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps some readers reading my test report will be puzzled, a good connection, and then can not be connected. But I…
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are major changes I will arrange to test, if not then the biggest possibility is that its situation remains the same.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN users. If there are any questions or if you are using it in a way that is inconsistent with the…
- NPC six Day NordVPN Windows China’s App already dead - March 10, 2021, today is the sixth day of the two sessions in China, and the whole session will be over in half a day tomorrow. Today I will continue testing NordVPN China for Windows on the mainland. I wonder if the firewall blockade will be tightened up as the conference draws to a close! All my tests are listed according to the real situation of the test, because currently NordVPN uses a similar "black box + thousands of people" way of server matching, all different users may connect to different servers in the process of use. But in any…
- NPC five day, are you ok? NordVPN Window test in China！ - Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN's connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sniped by the firewall upgrade during the two sessions, but at least a few servers could still connect successfully. Seeing the results of that test, I'm worried that the situation will further deteriorate, currently NordVPN in Windows provides only "NordVPN China APP" a solution, the official has canceled the previous OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution (no configurable The official OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution has been cancelled (no configurable server information is provided).
NordVPN China’s APP Test in China:
Starting Time: Feb 28, 2021, 9:49 AM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/3200M China Telecom/WiFi;
NordVPN China’s Version: 188.8.131.52
Quick Connect (4) – USA #7256: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (5) – UK #4234: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (6) – USA #7256: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (7) – UK #4227: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms. Download: 65.09Mbps. Upload: 20.90Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 7421Kbps;
Quick Connect (10) – UK #4227: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (11) – UK #4176: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (12) – USA #7256: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (13) – USA #7255: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 165ms. Download: 20.58Mbps. Upload: 22.22Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 7750Kbps;
Quick Connect (16) – USA #7255: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (17) – UK #4227: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (18) – UK #4185: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (19) – UK #4176: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Quick Connect (20) – USA #7256: First success; (Report servers do not speed test)
Taiwan – Taiwan #117: Failed; (Show success, But can’t use internet)
Thailand – Thailand #18: Failed; (Show success, But can’t use internet)
South Korea – SK #44: Failed; (Show success, But can’t use internet)
Singapore – SG #467: Failed; (Show success, But can’t use internet)
Summary: Today I tested NordVPN China’s APP direct connection in Windows 10 and the situation is still very good. The above test can be divided into two parts, one is by directly clicking the APP “Quick connect” to let it automatically assign servers, this part I clicked a total of 20 times to try to connect. Although all 20 attempts were successful, 11 of the servers were duplicated, so the actual number of servers connected was 9, which is not much, but thankfully the speed was very good. The other is a direct sampling by clicking on the location of a region to connect, a total of 7 regions connected, including Canada connected 2 times, successfully connected to 3 servers. Most of the other servers appeared to be connected successfully as shown by the APP, but were actually unconnected. So currently NordVPN can connect to at least 12 servers in Windows through its China-specific version of the APP.
In addition, NordVPN has also launched a China-specific version for Android, but I can’t test it because I don’t have an Android machine in my hand. As for IOS and MacOS, you currently need to connect through manual configuration.
Version: Chinia’s NordVPN 184.108.40.206 （Download）
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★