There has been no testing of PureVPN lately for various reasons. Today’s test will be a more comprehensive test of this VPN’s app direct connection in Windows 10, and since I’ve had very little feedback from readers lately about PureVPN’s problems, I’ve ignored it for a while, so today’s test can serve as a strong reference in order to get a more accurate understanding of its wall-climbing situation in China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Barry: I’ve been wanting to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it’s available or not, and I’ll be honest about it.
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 9ms; Download: 232.06Mbps; Upload: 17.77Mbps;
PureVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Win10 Test in China-2021/04/26 - April 26, 2021 test report, today will be another test of PureVPN on Windows 10 for the IKEv2 protocol, this is already my 125th test report on PureVPN. For any VPN in China, you need to persistently test it and summarize its usage over a long period of time to be the most realistic. At the same time, it is most accurate to observe and test the use of it according to the latest dynamics of China's network firewalls correspondingly. For any reader is also the only way to truly understand the long-term use of a VPN in China. I hope such a test will be helpful to everyone, if you have any questions, you can leave a message to exchange (the message is anonymous, please feel free to use).
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - April 7, 2021 - Today will be a test of the IKEv2 protocol in PureVPN's App in Windows 10. Before testing I checked the latest version of PureVPN and confirmed that 188.8.131.52 is currently the latest version in Win10. When checking its version, I found that the initial loading speed of PureVPN is quite long when opening, about 90 seconds, which is not a good experience for users. But then again, for mainland China users, being able to connect to the server successfully and securely is the most important thing.
- PureVPN Windows / Macbook IKEv2 Protocol Test in China - March 24, 2021, PureVPN will be tested again in Windows 10 and Macbook for mainland China. It's been 9 days since the last test, and regular server connection tests for each VPN are a must to understand how a VPN actually works in mainland China. The PureVPN App in this test is the international common version, the protocol which is using IKEv2, I hope that this test will let you know its real usage in China region.
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - March 15, 2021, I can't believe I forgot to test PureVPN recently. After looking at the last test of PureVPN which actually stopped on March 1, today I will once again test PureVPN in mainland China, and the test will use the IKEv2 protocol to connect. The choice of servers was randomly selected, as PureVPN officially does not specify which servers are suitable for mainland China. Hopefully, such a test will provide some reference for readers during their usage.
- PureVPN Win/iPhone/Mac Test in China - March 1, 2021 test, today is the second test of PureVPN after the big upgrade, this test I will test PureVPN in Windows, iPhone, Macbook three devices using IKEv2 connection protocol, the test to Windows mainly, iPhone and Macbook as a supplement. An overall look at PureVPN's APP connection to different devices in mainland China. As there is no Android device in hand, I can't test it. I hope PureVPN for Android can provide some usage and experience sharing in the comment section.
- Win10 PureVPN Test in China–20210203 - It's been a long time since I've looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version... In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 184.108.40.206, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let's start testing!
PureVPN Win10 App Connection test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 19, 2020, 1:21 PM
The tests are sorted by the time of Ping’s feedback. If I encounter virtual servers (containing the Virtual flag) during this process, I just skip them and don’t test them. Because these virtual servers will almost never connect successfully over the wall.
Protocol and Model: Automatic + Free network
Germany: Failed; (Try once)
United Kingdom: Failed; (Try once)
South Korea: Failed; (Try once)
United States: Failed; (Try once)
Russia: Failed; (Try once)
Denmark: Failed; (Try once)
Vietnam: Failed; (Try once)
Ireland: Failed; (Try once)
Netherlands: Failed; (Try once)
Slovakia: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 264ms; Download: 0.58Mbps; Upload: 1.39Mbps;
Netflax Fast: 170Kbps;
France: Failed; (Try once)
Greece: Failed; (Try once)
Sweden: Failed; (Try once)
Austria: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 238ms; Download: 17.25Mbps; Upload: 1.29Mbps;
Netflax Fast: 170Kbps;
Uruguay: Failed; (Try once)
Canada: Failed; (Try once)
Romania: Failed; (Try once)
Italy: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 203ms; Download: 0.34Mbps; Upload: 1.72Mbps;
Netflax Fast: 88Kbps;
Thailand: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 406ms; Download: 17.65Mbps; Upload: 0.8Mbps;
Netflax Fast: 4.8Mbps;
Spain: Failed; (Try once)
Iceland: Failed; (Try once)
Costa Rica: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 321ms; Download: 0.58Mbps; Upload: 1.18Mbps;
Netflax Fast: 170Kbps;
Belgium: Failed; (Try once)
Estonia: Failed; (Try once)
Finland: Failed; (Try once)
Moldova: Failed; (Try once)
Latvia: Failed; (Try once)
Ghana: Failed; (Try once)
Mexico: Failed; (Try once)
Japan: Failed; (Try once)
Hungary: Failed; (Try once)
Malta: Failed; (Try once)
Poland: Failed; (Try once)
Summary: The above test results show that PureVPN’s app direct connection in Windows 10 is currently not ideal. I would have been able to accept this result during the October blockade, but at the moment all other VPNs have been able to work more normally.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 7.1.3 Protocol: Auto+Free network
Today’s Test Score：★ ★