Today I’m going to test PureVPN’s app direct connection in Windows 10. The test is divided into two parts, first, I will test the “connection success rate”, “server connection aging”, and “server connection speed” on the first few servers. In order to test more servers, we will use the “server connection success rate” + “server connection aging” in the following server tests. In total, 47 servers were tested in this test. We hope this test will help you to climb over the wall.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking event in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
NordVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- Win10 PureVPN Test in China–20210203 - It's been a long time since I've looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version... In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 22.214.171.124, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let's start testing!
- PureVPN Browser Extension in China-20210105 - This test to thank readers @Jim Burt on PureVPN browser extension plug-in in China VPN use to share: PureVPN is available for Google and Firefox browser plug-in, where login purevpn can use most servers, and excellent speed, but also stable not to drop, while this feature can achieve a browser local connection VPN traffic a The function. I will use Windows as the test platform today for Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, in addition to the use of Chrome kernel browser can also be universal such as Brave. Whether both devices can access overseas websites through browser plug-ins for users in mainland China.
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201228 - Last night, reader @anonymous left me a message that many of PureVPN's servers were unreachable. When I saw this message I wanted to see what kind of situation PureVPN is currently in through actual testing. The test device still uses the Windows 10 platform, and now it's close to New Year's Day, according to previous years, the use of this should not appear to block the VPN on a large scale. But things are unpredictable, which may be a leader's head, that millions of Chinese netizens should suffer...
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201219 - Today is a routine test of PureVPN in Windwos 10 to verify that PureVPN's app still works properly in mainland China today by actually testing the connection over the wall. It's a boring and tedious job, but it's been nearly 2 years since the [Daily Test] section was opened. Although at first I hope to provide a daily test content, but due to their own work, really do not have a lot of time; but generally in 2-3 days will certainly come out a piece, blocking period, then multiple daily is not necessarily. A small thing persistently done, I believe it will definitely bring value to readers.
- Windows10 PureVPN Test in China–20201204 - PureVPN is being tested today on Windows 10 devices in mainland China. This is a routine test, and in order to maintain a realistic view of how each VPN is actually flipping in China, I will be running actual tests on these VPNs over the course of a cycle, which I think is the closest I can get to the truth. For this test I will also be testing Virtual Servers for tagged (Virtual) servers. Also, since there may be some issues with PureVPN and SpeedTest's servers, and since the test results sometimes...
- PureVPN Win10 Test in China Reviews–20201118 - Today, I'm going to test PureVPN+Windows 10 combination again in mainland China. I'll be using both "SpeedTest" and "YouTube Connection Speed" to define the exact speed of the test. This speed test is only representative of the usage in Window 10, as it varies greatly from one VPN device to another. Hopefully this test will provide the reader with some guidance on how to use the VPN. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.
In the following tests, I’m going to use a term called “server connection aging”, which may not exist in the world, but is a term I came up with myself. It describes how long it takes from the moment I click on the server to connect to the server until the server shows a successful connection.
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
PureVPN Win10 App Connection Test:
Starting Time: Sep 7, 2020, 2:08 PM
Germany: Failed; (Try once)
United Kingdom: Failed; (Try once)
South Korea: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 6835Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: Can’t use the tool;
Netflax Fast: 730Kbps;
Vietnam: Failed; (Try once)
Russia: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 1000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 265ms. Download: 0.33Mbps. Upload: 1Mbps.
United States: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
YouTube Connection Speed: <200Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 184ms. Download: 0.34Mbps. Upload: 1.45Mbps.
Canada: First success; (Time efficiency: 21s)
YouTube Connection Speed: >7000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 214ms. Download: 1.11Mbps. Upload: 2.06Mbps.
Greece: Failed; (Try once)
India: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 2000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 268ms. Download: 0.91Mbps. Upload: 1.71Mbps.
Netherlands: First success; (Time efficiency: 19s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 2000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 236ms. Download: 0.36Mbps. Upload: 1.43Mbps.
I want to test more servers to tell you how successful PureVPN’s App Direct connection is. In order to save testing time, I will not test their speeds for the following tests, but will just tell you the results. This is because you should have a general idea of the speed from the above few server speed tests.
Taiwan: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Switzerland: Failed; (Try once)
Luxembourg: Failed; (Try once)
Malta: First success; (Time efficiency: 16s)
Thailand: Failed; (Try once)
Ukraine: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Ghana: First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Ireland: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Denmark: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
France: Failed; (Try once)
Sweden: Failed; (Try once)
Hungary: Failed; (Try once)
Belgium: Failed; (Try once)
Italy: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Austria: Failed; (Try once)
Norway: Failed; (Try once)
Iceland: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Jordan: Failed; (Try once)
Lithuania: Failed; (Try once)
Finland: Failed; (Try once)
Mexico: Failed; (Try once)
Costa Rica: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Slovakia: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Kenya: Failed; (Try once)
Uruguay: Failed; (Try once)
Turkey: Failed; (Try once)
Bulgaria: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Georgia: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Albania: Failed; (Try once)
Latvia: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Spain: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Malaysia: Failed; (Try once)
Indonesia: Failed; (Try once)
Moldova: Failed; (Try once)
New Zealand: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
Japan: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Brazil: First success; (Time efficiency: 70s)
Summary: Judging from today’s test results, PureVPN currently has a pretty high success rate for direct app connection in Windows 10. If you encounter any problems, you can read this article: PureVPN Unable to Connect Solution (Chinese), and if you don’t find the answer you need in this article, you can leave me a message, I’m not omnipotent and can answer all your questions, but based on my long term testing and observations I may encounter more problems and solutions than you, so maybe I’ll give you a good suggestion. Also for those of you who use PureVPN, I would also recommend you learn its manual configuration of the flip wall solution.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 7.1.3
Model: Network Free
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆