Today I’m going to test PureVPN’s app direct connection in Windows 10. The test is divided into two parts, first, I will test the “connection success rate”, “server connection aging”, and “server connection speed” on the first few servers. In order to test more servers, we will use the “server connection success rate” + “server connection aging” in the following server tests. In total, 47 servers were tested in this test. We hope this test will help you to climb over the wall.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking event in late September – early October!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
NordVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- PureVPN Win10 Test in China-2021/04/26 - April 26, 2021 test report, today will be another test of PureVPN on Windows 10 for the IKEv2 protocol, this is already my 125th test report on PureVPN. For any VPN in China, you need to persistently test it and summarize its usage over a long period of time to be the most realistic. At the same time, it is most accurate to observe and test the use of it according to the latest dynamics of China's network firewalls correspondingly. For any reader is also the only way to truly understand the long-term use of a VPN in China. I hope such a test will be helpful to everyone, if you have any questions, you can leave a message to exchange (the message is anonymous, please feel free to use).
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - April 7, 2021 - Today will be a test of the IKEv2 protocol in PureVPN's App in Windows 10. Before testing I checked the latest version of PureVPN and confirmed that 188.8.131.52 is currently the latest version in Win10. When checking its version, I found that the initial loading speed of PureVPN is quite long when opening, about 90 seconds, which is not a good experience for users. But then again, for mainland China users, being able to connect to the server successfully and securely is the most important thing.
- PureVPN Windows / Macbook IKEv2 Protocol Test in China - March 24, 2021, PureVPN will be tested again in Windows 10 and Macbook for mainland China. It's been 9 days since the last test, and regular server connection tests for each VPN are a must to understand how a VPN actually works in mainland China. The PureVPN App in this test is the international common version, the protocol which is using IKEv2, I hope that this test will let you know its real usage in China region.
- PureVPN Windows10 IKEv2 Test in China - March 15, 2021, I can't believe I forgot to test PureVPN recently. After looking at the last test of PureVPN which actually stopped on March 1, today I will once again test PureVPN in mainland China, and the test will use the IKEv2 protocol to connect. The choice of servers was randomly selected, as PureVPN officially does not specify which servers are suitable for mainland China. Hopefully, such a test will provide some reference for readers during their usage.
- PureVPN Win/iPhone/Mac Test in China - March 1, 2021 test, today is the second test of PureVPN after the big upgrade, this test I will test PureVPN in Windows, iPhone, Macbook three devices using IKEv2 connection protocol, the test to Windows mainly, iPhone and Macbook as a supplement. An overall look at PureVPN's APP connection to different devices in mainland China. As there is no Android device in hand, I can't test it. I hope PureVPN for Android can provide some usage and experience sharing in the comment section.
- Win10 PureVPN Test in China–20210203 - It's been a long time since I've looked at PureVPN in Windows 10 for testing, and when I intended to test this VPN again and stick to its latest version, I found that its UI has sent a radical change. This interface really looks so much better than the previous one. In the new version... In terms of connection protocols Windows 10 currently supports IKEv2, TCP, UDP, the latest version number is 184.108.40.206, in this version in addition to the previous manual Ping server function, it will automatically load the Ping feedback time. The following figure shows the left side of the main login interface, the right figure is the server selection interface. Okay, let's start testing!
In the following tests, I’m going to use a term called “server connection aging”, which may not exist in the world, but is a term I came up with myself. It describes how long it takes from the moment I click on the server to connect to the server until the server shows a successful connection.
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
PureVPN Win10 App Connection Test:
Starting Time: Sep 7, 2020, 2:08 PM
Germany: Failed; (Try once)
United Kingdom: Failed; (Try once)
South Korea: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 6835Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: Can’t use the tool;
Netflax Fast: 730Kbps;
Vietnam: Failed; (Try once)
Russia: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 1000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 265ms. Download: 0.33Mbps. Upload: 1Mbps.
United States: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
YouTube Connection Speed: <200Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 184ms. Download: 0.34Mbps. Upload: 1.45Mbps.
Canada: First success; (Time efficiency: 21s)
YouTube Connection Speed: >7000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 214ms. Download: 1.11Mbps. Upload: 2.06Mbps.
Greece: Failed; (Try once)
India: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 2000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 268ms. Download: 0.91Mbps. Upload: 1.71Mbps.
Netherlands: First success; (Time efficiency: 19s)
YouTube Connection Speed: 2000Kbps;
Speedtest Ping: 236ms. Download: 0.36Mbps. Upload: 1.43Mbps.
I want to test more servers to tell you how successful PureVPN’s App Direct connection is. In order to save testing time, I will not test their speeds for the following tests, but will just tell you the results. This is because you should have a general idea of the speed from the above few server speed tests.
Taiwan: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Switzerland: Failed; (Try once)
Luxembourg: Failed; (Try once)
Malta: First success; (Time efficiency: 16s)
Thailand: Failed; (Try once)
Ukraine: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Ghana: First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Ireland: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Denmark: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
France: Failed; (Try once)
Sweden: Failed; (Try once)
Hungary: Failed; (Try once)
Belgium: Failed; (Try once)
Italy: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Austria: Failed; (Try once)
Norway: Failed; (Try once)
Iceland: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Jordan: Failed; (Try once)
Lithuania: Failed; (Try once)
Finland: Failed; (Try once)
Mexico: Failed; (Try once)
Costa Rica: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Slovakia: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Kenya: Failed; (Try once)
Uruguay: Failed; (Try once)
Turkey: Failed; (Try once)
Bulgaria: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Georgia: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Albania: Failed; (Try once)
Latvia: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Spain: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Malaysia: Failed; (Try once)
Indonesia: Failed; (Try once)
Moldova: Failed; (Try once)
New Zealand: First success; (Time efficiency: 20s)
Japan: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Brazil: First success; (Time efficiency: 70s)
Summary: Judging from today’s test results, PureVPN currently has a pretty high success rate for direct app connection in Windows 10. If you encounter any problems, you can read this article: PureVPN Unable to Connect Solution (Chinese), and if you don’t find the answer you need in this article, you can leave me a message, I’m not omnipotent and can answer all your questions, but based on my long term testing and observations I may encounter more problems and solutions than you, so maybe I’ll give you a good suggestion. Also for those of you who use PureVPN, I would also recommend you learn its manual configuration of the flip wall solution.
Windows10 PureVPN Version: 7.1.3
Model: Network Free
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆