March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China’s “Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People’s Congress”, and this time of year is China’s VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before.
This test is carried out in Win11, if there is spare capacity, it will also be tested in other devices. But usually, the server connection status of each device in ExpressVPN is the same, but different service providers will have differences in the unofficial recommended server part.
I couldn’t take the test during the day due to work, so I didn’t want to take the test today, I was too tired! But the A/B in my head is always fighting, and finally I gritted my teeth for a test today. Why test ExpressVPN at a critical time, because it can definitely be regarded as the vane of China’s circumvention industry. “Spring River Plumbing, Duck Prophet”.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. The success rate of VPN server connection in the tested device;
2. The time limit of VPN server connection in the tested device;
3. The speed of VPN after successful connection to the server in the tested device;
Follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notifications as soon as possible: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous)…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message…
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: March 5, 2022, 8:29 PM
Local device and netwrok: China Telecom 200M / Windows11;
Version: 10.19.0 (7);
Official Deals: New User Free 3 Months;
Test’s Servers: Official recommend six servers and other;
Windows11 + Auto + Test in China:
Windows11: USA – Los Angeles – 5: Success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 410ms. Download: 29.89Mbps. Upload: 33.65Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 4314Kbps;
Windows11: USA – Santa Monica: Success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 159ms. Download: 77.52Mbps. Upload: 33.19Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22670Kbps;
Windows11: Singapore – Marina Bay: Success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 384ms. Download: 8.19Mbps. Upload: 33.3Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 761Kbps;
Windows11: France – Alsace: Success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 238ms. Download: 80.19Mbps. Upload: 34.43Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 7027Kbps;
Windows11: UK – Wembley: Success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 262ms. Download: 65.13Mbps. Upload: 34.56Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9457Kbps;
Windows11: UK – Wembley: Success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 208ms. Download: 84.39Mbps. Upload: 35.98Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 43148Kbps;
Windows11: USA – New York: Success; (Time efficiency: 18s) – Unofficial Recommend
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 49.41Mbps. Upload: 5.24Mbps;
Windows11: USA – San Francisco: Success; (Time efficiency: 27s) – Unofficial Recommend
Speedtest Ping: 140ms. Download: 72.79Mbps. Upload: 34.8Mbps;
Windows11: USA – Chicago: Success; (Time efficiency: 18s) – Unofficial Recommend
Speedtest Ping: 182ms. Download: 31.4Mbps. Upload: 32.73Mbps;
Windows11: USA – Washington DC: Success; (Time efficiency: 17s) – Unofficial Recommend
Speedtest Ping: 215ms. Download: 76.84Mbps. Upload: 51.11Mbps;
Windows11: USA – Dallas: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Windows11: USA – Miami: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Windows11: USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Windows11: USA – Atlanta: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Windows11: UK – East London: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Windows11: UK – London: Failed; – Unofficial Recommend
Summary: When I was at work today, ExpressVPN experienced connection difficulties and slowdowns in Macbook and Windows, and the experience was not very good. I also mentioned it in a previous post. But testing the 6 officially recommended servers at night feels pretty good. Even under the double influence of the evening network peak period and the March blockade, it is really gratifying to maintain such a server connection success rate, server connection speed, and post-connection speed.
For Unofficial Recommend servers, I tested some US and UK ones. Some servers are available in the US. This is about the same as usual. Servers not listed above indicate that I have not tested them, you can try them yourself. Due to the large number of servers, it is impossible for me to test them all.
At the same time, as shown in the figure below, ExpressVPN issued an announcement as soon as the blockade occurred, reminding the situation and telling that it was already being repaired. This responsible attitude is still commendable. This result in the evening shows that the technical team of ExpressVPN has achieved a certain effect.
Today’s Windows11 Test Score：★ ★ ★ ★
尝试可能解决的方法：在ios-设置-expressvpn-数据传输设置，在这里看下是否设置了4G和WLan可以同时使用的选项。如果这样不行，在手机上打开expressvpn，然后点击底部的“options”，再点击“settings”，再点击“reinstall vpn configuration”，这是重置ExpressVPN在手机设备中安装的配置文件。