March 4, 2021, this test is a test of the three protocols of ExpressVPN (Auto, IKEv2, Lightway) in Windows 10 devices, each connection protocol tested in about 5-10 servers, the servers tested by different connection protocols will avoid duplication. As you know, tomorrow is the two sessions, the current firewall blockade has been a bit of a hint, I will try to take some time to do the test, I hope to do a warning for everyone. I will also try to find some solutions and let you know if I find any VPNs that I can’t connect to.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in Chnia - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway…
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are…
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide…
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random…
- ExpressVPN Windows10 Three protocol Test in China - March 10, 2021, today will be in the Windows 10 device on the ExpressVPN connection and speed test in mainland China. The two Chinese sessions since the beginning of the block VPN, wall tools so far, ExpressVPN is the only VPN in my test VPN did not appear larger fluctuations. from the previous test and the usual use of their own, its server connection time has increased, some server speed has decreased, but for mainland users can be through Auto, IKEv2, the Lightway three connection options, so the choice of servers is still very generous, in this point really want…
Starting Time: Mar 4, 2021, 3:09 PM
Local device and network: 300M China Telecom / Windows10 / WiFi;
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lightway;
ExpressVPN Version: 10.0.9 (2)
Automatic + Official recommend 6 servers;
IKEv2 + Random servers;
Lightway + Random servers;
USA – Miami: Failed; (Try two times)
USA – Los Angeles – 3: Failed; (Try once)
USA – New Jersey – 1: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 260ms. Download: 155.17Mbps. Upload: 11.01Mbps.
Netflix Fast: 56Mbps.
USA – Miami – 2: Failed; (Try once)
USA – Denver: Failed; (Try once)
USA – Salt Lake City: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 167ms. Download: 43.56Mbps. Upload: 6.17Mbps.
Netflix Fast: 20Mbps.
Summary: These are the results of ExpressVPN’s testing of the officially recommended “Auto+6 Servers”, “IKEv2+Random US Servers”, and “Lightway+Random US Servers” connection protocol options on Windows 10 devices. Lightway+Random U.S. Servers”. The official recommended method has a longer “Time efficiency” compared to the previous one, IKEv2 is moderate and currently works fine, Lightway server connection success rate is lower compared to some, but the speed seems to be quite good after successful connection. I hope the above test can provide you with some reference in the usual use of the process. If you have questions, you can leave a message to exchange!
Description Auto and IKEv2 protocol can be connected in Mac, Windows, IOS devices, Lightway can also be connected in Mac and Windows, Android currently does not support IKEv2 protocol.
Today’s Test Server of Best:
Lightway – USA – New Jersey – 3: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 202ms. Download: 185.75Mbps. Upload: 3.38Mbps.
Netflix Fast: 140Mbps.
Windows ExpressVPN Version: 10.0.9 (2)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★