Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN’s connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sniped by the firewall upgrade during the two sessions, but at least a few servers could still connect successfully. Seeing the results of that test, I’m worried that the situation will further deteriorate, currently NordVPN in Windows provides only “NordVPN China APP” a solution, the official has canceled the previous OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution (no configurable The official OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution has been cancelled (no configurable server information is provided).
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN China Revival？3 devices test in China - NordVPN China test on January 12, 2022. Thanks to @Jerry for leaving a comment informing us about the status of NordVPN. This time, the international version of NordVPN will be tested in Windows 10, Macbook and iPhone devices for VPN connection and speed for mainland China. The app version of each device will be updated to the latest before the test, while the test will use NordVPN's default protocol option for connection testing. During the test, whether the connection is smooth or blocked, it will be displayed truthfully.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope that the results of the personal test will prevail, and then supplemented by readers' comments, so that we can have a more comprehensive understanding of its use.
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps some readers reading my test report will be puzzled, a good connection, and then can not be connected. But I tell you this is the actual situation of users in mainland China, always hovering between stability and instability, sometimes need to use some specific techniques to connect. And that's why I need to keep testing.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are major changes I will arrange to test, if not then the biggest possibility is that its situation remains the same.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN users. If there are any questions or if you are using it in a way that is inconsistent with the test results, I hope you can leave a comment to share.
Starting Time: Mar 9, 2021, 10:24 AM
Local device and network: Windows10/300M China Telecom/WiFi;
NordVPN Version: China’s App 188.8.131.52
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (1) – Canada #3269: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (2) – Canada #3266: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (3) – Canada #3268: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (4) – UK #4284: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (5) – Canada #3269: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (6) – Canada #3268: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (7) – UK #4280: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (8) – UK #4282: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (9) – Canada #3263: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (10) – Canada #3265: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (11) – Canada #3263: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (12) – Canada #3266: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (13) – UK #4282: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (14) – Canada #3263: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (15) – Canada #3266: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (16) – Canada #3265: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (17) – Canada #3269: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (18) – UK #4284: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (19) – Canada #3268: Failed;
Nordlynx – Quick Connect (20) – Canada #3269: Failed;
UK(1) – UK #4281: Failed;
UK(2) – UK #4280: Failed;
UK(3) – UK #4283: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 259ms. Download: 10.6Mbps. Upload: 1.0Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 299Kbps;
UK(4) – UK #4280: Failed;
UK(5) – UK #4284: Failed;
UK(6) – UK #4281: Failed;
UK(7) – UK #4284: Failed;
UK(8) – UK #4283: First success; (Repeat server, don’t speed test)
USA(1) – USA #8253: Failed;
USA(2) – USA #8253: Failed;
USA(3) – USA #8253: Failed;
Vietnam(1) – Vietnam #29: Failed;
Vietnam(2) – Vietnam #29: Failed;
Thailand(1) – Thailand #14: Failed;
Taiwan(1) – Taiwan #104: Failed;
South Korea(1) – South Korea #30: Failed;
Malaysia(1) – Malaysia #39: Failed;
Japan(1) – Japan #557: Failed;
Japan(2) – Japan #548: Failed;
Japan(3) – Japan #557: Failed;
Germany(1) – Germany #841: Failed;
Denmark(1) – Denmark #213: Failed;
Australia(1) – Australia #541: Failed;
Albania(1) – Albania #25: Failed;
Summary: The above test Nordlynx protocol connection through Windows 10 device, through “Quick connect” and “direct click on the region name” for connection test. The above test results can be reached, only UK #4283 server connection success, and the speed is not very good!
NordVPN Version：China’s app 184.108.40.206 （Download）
Today’s Test Score：★ ☆