It’s been a long time since the last test of NordVPN, and as of now the tests we’ve gotten have shown that NordVPN’s app connection has not been restored. During this time NordVPN’s Chinese users have been connecting through its manual configuration connection method. Although this method may require some new operations to understand when first configured, once mastered it is actually smoother and more stable than the APP direct connection. Today I will test the Windows 10 + OpenVPN Gui manual configuration connection combination, the purpose of this test is to help you understand whether the service area profile provided by NordVPN is still valid. At the end of the article I will publish the manual configuration method of NordVPN for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android for your reference.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Released China-specific App Testing - Yesterday a reader of this site @Lin, found and left a comment informing NordVPN of the release of a Windows version specifically for China VPN connections. Barry then confirmed the situation: only Windows and Android versions have been released so far, Macbook and IOS have not yet been released. Today's test is a server connection and post-connection speed test for the Windows China-specific version of the APP, along with an installation tutorial. If you need to download it, you can…
- NordVPN Windows test in China-20210113 - Although this method may require some new operations to understand when first configured, once mastered it is actually smoother and more stable than the APP direct connection. Today I will test the Windows 10 + OpenVPN Gui manual configuration connection combination, the purpose of this test is to help you understand whether the service area profile provided by NordVPN is still valid. At the end of the article I will publish the manual configuration method of NordVPN for Mac, Windows,…
- NordVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20201215 - Today I will test NordVPN in Windows 10 for wall climbing in mainland China. NordVPN has not recovered its APP direct connection since it was last restored and then strongly blocked again after 24 hours, and so far its APP direct connection wall climbing has not been restored either. But as an old VPN, it is always possible to help Chinese users to go through the wall by its manual configuration. The purpose of this test is to verify its…
- NordVPN Win10 OpenVPNGUI in China-20201109 - Today I'm going to test NordVPN's manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui again on Windows 10 devices. First of all, I checked the official OpenVPN Gui server configuration file for Win10, which is unchanged from the previous test (the server names are the same), so I will test it directly on the last configured file. There are 12 servers in total, 2 in Canada, 3 in Japan, 3 in Singapore, and 4 in the US. Also, since I have multiple VPNs…
- NordVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20201028 - Today's test is NordVPN's manual configuration of the FlipWall Connection Server connection success rate and post-flip speed test via OpenVPN Gui in Windows 10. A few days prior, due to a conference in China, there was an additional barrier to wall-climbing in mainland China. I'm concerned about the performance of today's test, but the test remains, and tells you the most realistic picture, whether the results are good or bad. This is the core gist of this blog! I hope…
- NordVPN Win10 manual in China Reviews-20201016 - Today I ran a test of the latest OpenVPN Gui configuration server relative to the official NordVPN announcement. I've done similar manual configuration tests before, but always using an old server configuration file. This time I removed all the configuration files from the OpenVPN Gui software and added the latest officially published server, hoping that this test will help you understand the latest usage of NordVPN in China...
Starting Time: Jan 13, 2020, 1:39 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
The following test will use the third-party open source software OpenVPN to manually configure NordVPN to connect to the wall. If you need to download the configuration server or manual configuration tutorial, please refer to this article: NordVPN Windows Manual Setting Guide(zh).
Summary: Tested 14 servers in Windows 10 today via NordVPN OpenVPN Gui, 2 servers Failed, 6 servers had poor speed, 3 servers had good speed and 3 servers had the best speed.
Today’s test best servers:
- JP2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 45ms. Download: 69.33Mbps. Upload: 3.54Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 25312Kbps;
- JP2118: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 38ms. Download: 84.32Mbps. Upload: 5.97Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 46760Kbps;
- US7090: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 172ms. Download: 26.94Mbps. Upload: 1.09Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 9291Kbps;
Other device connection guide:
NrodVPN Windows Manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Mac manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN IOS manual IKEv2 connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Android manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 184.108.40.206
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆