It’s been a long time since the last test of NordVPN, and as of now the tests we’ve gotten have shown that NordVPN’s app connection has not been restored. During this time NordVPN’s Chinese users have been connecting through its manual configuration connection method. Although this method may require some new operations to understand when first configured, once mastered it is actually smoother and more stable than the APP direct connection. Today I will test the Windows 10 + OpenVPN Gui manual configuration connection combination, the purpose of this test is to help you understand whether the service area profile provided by NordVPN is still valid. At the end of the article I will publish the manual configuration method of NordVPN for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android for your reference.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN China Revival？3 devices test in China - NordVPN China test on January 12, 2022. Thanks to @Jerry for leaving a comment informing us about the status of NordVPN. This time, the international version of NordVPN will be tested in Windows 10, Macbook and iPhone devices for VPN connection and speed for mainland China. The app version of each device will be updated to the latest before the test, while the test will use NordVPN's default protocol option for connection testing. During the test, whether the connection is…
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope…
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps…
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are…
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN…
Starting Time: Jan 13, 2020, 1:39 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
The following test will use the third-party open source software OpenVPN to manually configure NordVPN to connect to the wall. If you need to download the configuration server or manual configuration tutorial, please refer to this article: NordVPN Windows Manual Setting Guide(zh).
Summary: Tested 14 servers in Windows 10 today via NordVPN OpenVPN Gui, 2 servers Failed, 6 servers had poor speed, 3 servers had good speed and 3 servers had the best speed.
Today’s test best servers:
- JP2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 45ms. Download: 69.33Mbps. Upload: 3.54Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 25312Kbps;
- JP2118: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 38ms. Download: 84.32Mbps. Upload: 5.97Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 46760Kbps;
- US7090: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 172ms. Download: 26.94Mbps. Upload: 1.09Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 9291Kbps;
Other device connection guide:
NrodVPN Windows Manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Mac manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN IOS manual IKEv2 connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Android manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 126.96.36.199
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ☆