Today’s test is NordVPN’s manual configuration of the FlipWall Connection Server connection success rate and post-flip speed test via OpenVPN Gui in Windows 10. A few days prior, due to a conference in China, there was an additional barrier to wall-climbing in mainland China. I’m concerned about the performance of today’s test, but the test remains, and tells you the most realistic picture, whether the results are good or bad. This is the core gist of this blog! I hope this test is informative and useful to you.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Barry: I’ve been wanting to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Local device and nerwork: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 11ms; Download: 234.52Mbps; Upload: 26.44Mbps;
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope that the results of the personal test will prevail, and then supplemented by readers' comments, so that we can have a more comprehensive understanding of its use.
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps some readers reading my test report will be puzzled, a good connection, and then can not be connected. But I tell you this is the actual situation of users in mainland China, always hovering between stability and instability, sometimes need to use some specific techniques to connect. And that's why I need to keep testing.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are major changes I will arrange to test, if not then the biggest possibility is that its situation remains the same.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN users. If there are any questions or if you are using it in a way that is inconsistent with the test results, I hope you can leave a comment to share.
- NPC six Day NordVPN Windows China’s App already dead - March 10, 2021, today is the sixth day of the two sessions in China, and the whole session will be over in half a day tomorrow. Today I will continue testing NordVPN China for Windows on the mainland. I wonder if the firewall blockade will be tightened up as the conference draws to a close! All my tests are listed according to the real situation of the test, because currently NordVPN uses a similar "black box + thousands of people" way of server matching, all different users may connect to different servers in the process of use. But in any case, I just want to tell you the real test situation so that you can use it as a reference!
- NPC five day, are you ok? NordVPN Window test in China！ - Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN's connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sniped by the firewall upgrade during the two sessions, but at least a few servers could still connect successfully. Seeing the results of that test, I'm worried that the situation will further deteriorate, currently NordVPN in Windows provides only "NordVPN China APP" a solution, the official has canceled the previous OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution (no configurable The official OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution has been cancelled (no configurable server information is provided).
Win10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 28, 2020, 2:17 PM
ca3146: Failed; (Try once)
ca3147: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 204ms. Download: 7.44Mbps. Upload: 0.88Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 2827Kbps;
jp2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 154ms. Download: 10.59Mbps. Upload: 1.17Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 10727Kbps;
jp2117: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 141ms. Download: 31.21Mbps. Upload: 1.94Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 14726Kbps;
jp2118: Failed; (Try once)
sg2095: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 233ms. Download: 17.66Mbps. Upload: 1.12Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 3894Kbps;
sg2099: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 211ms. Download: 13.58Mbps. Upload: 1.43Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 3759Kbps;
sg2100: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 230ms. Download: 3.86Mbps. Upload: 0.83Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 225Kbps;
us7090: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 170ms. Download: 19.24Mbps. Upload: 0.77Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 8108Kbps;
us7092: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 173ms. Download: 0.2Mbps. Upload: 1.09Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 300Kbps;
us7109: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 170ms. Download: 17.18Mbps. Upload: 1.54Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 8123Kbps;
us7112: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 174ms. Download: 24.53Mbps. Upload: 0.76Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 2114Kbps;
Summary: The above manually configured 12 servers to connect via the OpenVPN Gui tool on Windows 10 devices, two of which failed to connect, and multiple servers have good speeds. In addition, NordVPN’s App Direct connection has not yet been restored for Window, Macbook, iPhone, and Android, so other devices can refer to the article list if they also wish to connect via manual configuration. The manual configuration is a bit trickier the first time you use it, but its stability is still remarkable.
This result is enough for me personally, which is quite satisfactory! Some readers may think I’m asking for less, but you have to understand that when you’re in mainland China, the results of such a test are pretty good.
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 126.96.36.199
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★