Today’s test is NordVPN’s manual configuration of the FlipWall Connection Server connection success rate and post-flip speed test via OpenVPN Gui in Windows 10. A few days prior, due to a conference in China, there was an additional barrier to wall-climbing in mainland China. I’m concerned about the performance of today’s test, but the test remains, and tells you the most realistic picture, whether the results are good or bad. This is the core gist of this blog! I hope this test is informative and useful to you.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Barry: I’ve been wanting to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Local device and nerwork: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 11ms; Download: 234.52Mbps; Upload: 26.44Mbps;
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Win10 China’s App Usage Tips - As some NordVPN users may have already noticed, NordVPN appears to be unable to connect in Windows 10. This did happen when I went to test it, but try it really? The China-specific version also failed after OpenVPN Gui. If that's really the case then you can't connect using NordVPN in Windows in China.
- NordVPN Win10 China’s App and Manual test - esterday and today, reader @JasperXu @Addy left a message saying that NordVPN is having problems connecting in China again, the international version is definitely not connecting, but the China-specific version and OpenVPN GUi cannot connect even with manual configuration. After receiving the message I took the time to test it this afternoon. Since the China-specific version of NordVPN is currently only available for Windows and Android, and I don't have an Android machine in my hands, I couldn't do a real test. In addition, regarding the manual configuration of OpenVPN GUi, whether it can connect successfully or not mainly depends on whether its servers are blocked. Before testing, I checked the latest list of servers released on the official website, and there are 12 official servers announced, and there are big differences from the previous announcement, so updating the server configuration should be the right choice.
- NordVPN Released China-specific App Testing - Yesterday a reader of this site @Lin, found and left a comment informing NordVPN of the release of a Windows version specifically for China VPN connections. Barry then confirmed the situation: only Windows and Android versions have been released so far, Macbook and IOS have not yet been released. Today's test is a server connection and post-connection speed test for the Windows China-specific version of the APP, along with an installation tutorial. If you need to download it, you can check this article "NordVPN can't connect solution zh", I have put together the download address here.
- NordVPN Windows test in China-20210113 - Although this method may require some new operations to understand when first configured, once mastered it is actually smoother and more stable than the APP direct connection. Today I will test the Windows 10 + OpenVPN Gui manual configuration connection combination, the purpose of this test is to help you understand whether the service area profile provided by NordVPN is still valid. At the end of the article I will publish the manual configuration method of NordVPN for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android for your reference...
- NordVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20201215 - Today I will test NordVPN in Windows 10 for wall climbing in mainland China. NordVPN has not recovered its APP direct connection since it was last restored and then strongly blocked again after 24 hours, and so far its APP direct connection wall climbing has not been restored either. But as an old VPN, it is always possible to help Chinese users to go through the wall by its manual configuration. The purpose of this test is to verify its availability and the real situation of the manual wall server currently provided by NordVPN to make wall connections in China. I hope this test will bring some reference significance to the readers...
- NordVPN Win10 OpenVPNGUI in China-20201109 - Today I'm going to test NordVPN's manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui again on Windows 10 devices. First of all, I checked the official OpenVPN Gui server configuration file for Win10, which is unchanged from the previous test (the server names are the same), so I will test it directly on the last configured file. There are 12 servers in total, 2 in Canada, 3 in Japan, 3 in Singapore, and 4 in the US. Also, since I have multiple VPNs installed in my Win10, I've rebooted that device before testing and made sure to enable other VPNs after the reboot.Hopefully this test will be a reference for you in your daily use!
Win10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 28, 2020, 2:17 PM
ca3146: Failed; (Try once)
ca3147: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 204ms. Download: 7.44Mbps. Upload: 0.88Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 2827Kbps;
jp2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 154ms. Download: 10.59Mbps. Upload: 1.17Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 10727Kbps;
jp2117: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 141ms. Download: 31.21Mbps. Upload: 1.94Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 14726Kbps;
jp2118: Failed; (Try once)
sg2095: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 233ms. Download: 17.66Mbps. Upload: 1.12Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 3894Kbps;
sg2099: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 211ms. Download: 13.58Mbps. Upload: 1.43Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 3759Kbps;
sg2100: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 230ms. Download: 3.86Mbps. Upload: 0.83Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 225Kbps;
us7090: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 170ms. Download: 19.24Mbps. Upload: 0.77Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 8108Kbps;
us7092: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 173ms. Download: 0.2Mbps. Upload: 1.09Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 300Kbps;
us7109: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 170ms. Download: 17.18Mbps. Upload: 1.54Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 8123Kbps;
us7112: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 174ms. Download: 24.53Mbps. Upload: 0.76Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 2114Kbps;
Summary: The above manually configured 12 servers to connect via the OpenVPN Gui tool on Windows 10 devices, two of which failed to connect, and multiple servers have good speeds. In addition, NordVPN’s App Direct connection has not yet been restored for Window, Macbook, iPhone, and Android, so other devices can refer to the article list if they also wish to connect via manual configuration. The manual configuration is a bit trickier the first time you use it, but its stability is still remarkable.
This result is enough for me personally, which is quite satisfactory! Some readers may think I’m asking for less, but you have to understand that when you’re in mainland China, the results of such a test are pretty good.
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 22.214.171.124
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★