Today’s roundup will once again test NordVPN’s OpenVPN GUI configuration for wall-climbing in Windows 10. I’ve seen NordVPN users in many places saying that this VPN is currently unable to flip walls in China, but this is not true. As the Great Firewall of China is constantly upgrading, at the end of August to the beginning of September, the firewall has been upgraded for around, although its strength is not as strong, it also blocked some of the server IPs.I hope that this practice test will tell you which VPNs are safe, which VPNs are available in China, and what kind of techniques you need to use to achieve the wall flip. I hope this helps!
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking event in late September – early October!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
NordVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to a…
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the t…
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometime…
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the …
- NPC six Day NordVPN Windows China’s App already dead - March 10, 2021, today is the sixth day of the two sessions in China, and the whole session will be over in half a day tomorrow. Today I will continue …
- NPC five day, are you ok? NordVPN Window test in China！ - Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN's connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sni…
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 15ms; Download: 231.99Mbps; Upload: 21.25Mbps;
Win10 NordVPN Manual Connection Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 5, 2020, 2:06 PM
The following test will use OpenVPN, a third-party open-source software, to manually configure NordVPN to connect to the wall. If you need it, you can click here: Here is the official download address (local download). It provides a total of 12 servers with UDP protocol for you to use for wall-climbing, and I will follow the official default server naming for testing. If you do not know how to configure, please refer to the tutorial: NORDVPN WINDOWS manual configuration tutorial.
ca3146: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 5.79Mbps. Upload: 0.56Mbps.
ca3147: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 227ms. Download: 3.86Mbps. Upload: 1.06Mbps.
jp2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 55ms. Download: 6.43Mbps. Upload: 3.99Mbps.
jp2117: Failed; (Try once)
jp2118: Failed; (Try once)
jp2119: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 43ms. Download: 3.49Mbps. Upload: 1.08Mbps.
sg2095: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms. Download: 1.69Mbps. Upload: 0.16Mbps.
sg2099: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 255ms. Download: 1.63Mbps. Upload: 0.19Mbps.
sg2100: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms. Download: 2.39Mbps. Upload: 0.11Mbps.
us7092: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 183ms. Download: 4.24Mbps. Upload: 1.01Mbps.
us7109: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 213ms. Download: 2.01Mbps. Upload: 0.79Mbps.
us7112: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 169ms. Download: 2.9Mbps. Upload: 1.33Mbps.
Summary: NordVPN has a good OpenVPN GUI with manual configuration, although the app direct connection is still not available. I should also point out that there is no absolute equality in connection speed between SpeedTest and YouTube, as I’ve tested SpeedTest’s download speed at less than 1M, and YouTube’s connection speed may reach more than 5Kpbs. So the test here can only be used as a reference.
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 22.214.171.124
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★