Today’s roundup will once again test NordVPN’s OpenVPN GUI configuration for wall-climbing in Windows 10. I’ve seen NordVPN users in many places saying that this VPN is currently unable to flip walls in China, but this is not true. As the Great Firewall of China is constantly upgrading, at the end of August to the beginning of September, the firewall has been upgraded for around, although its strength is not as strong, it also blocked some of the server IPs.I hope that this practice test will tell you which VPNs are safe, which VPNs are available in China, and what kind of techniques you need to use to achieve the wall flip. I hope this helps!
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking event in late September – early October!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
NordVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Window10 China’s App Test in China - April 5, 2021 VPN test report, it has been several days without testing NordVPN. These two days are the Qingming Festival holiday, yesterday went to ancestor worship. Today, I was idle and relatively empty and wanted to do a test of NordVPN's Chinese version of the mainland connection in Windows 10. Since the last test, many readers have left me messages about NordVPN's China not being able to connect, or easily dropping out after connecting. After seeing these I hope that the results of the personal test will prevail, and then supplemented by readers' comments, so that we can have a more comprehensive understanding of its use.
- NordVPN Windows10 Test in China – Revived - March 28, 2021 VPN test report, on the 26th of NordVPN's Windows China version of the test, the results show a full extinction. Yesterday I took the time to connect in Windows 10 and successfully connected to "UK - #4308", and today I turned on my computer over the weekend [VPN micro test] and successfully connected to "UK - #4316". I saw such a situation, I still can't resist testing, perhaps NordVPN's Chinese version has shown signs of resurrection. Perhaps some readers reading my test report will be puzzled, a good connection, and then can not be connected. But I tell you this is the actual situation of users in mainland China, always hovering between stability and instability, sometimes need to use some specific techniques to connect. And that's why I need to keep testing.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App test in China - March 26, 2021, there are a number of days no test NordVPN, because the current way to test the connection of each VPN in mainland China, and sometimes apply a VPN has some unexpected circumstances, such as updated new protocols, version updates, etc., all there will be a round has not finished, you need to test the previously tested VPN again. But you can rest assured that I will generally use each VPN every 1-2 days myself, once there are major changes I will arrange to test, if not then the biggest possibility is that its situation remains the same.
- NordVPN Windows10 China’s App Test in China - March 16, 2021, in NordVPN China version of the App during the two sessions encountered a lot of trouble, but according to yesterday and today in the [micro test] of its single-server sampling test found that it seems to have recovered, but the specific recovery to what extent, is not clear. So today I want to test the Chinese version of NordVPN again to see how far it has recovered. I hope this test will provide some reference for NordVPN users. If there are any questions or if you are using it in a way that is inconsistent with the test results, I hope you can leave a comment to share.
- NPC six Day NordVPN Windows China’s App already dead - March 10, 2021, today is the sixth day of the two sessions in China, and the whole session will be over in half a day tomorrow. Today I will continue testing NordVPN China for Windows on the mainland. I wonder if the firewall blockade will be tightened up as the conference draws to a close! All my tests are listed according to the real situation of the test, because currently NordVPN uses a similar "black box + thousands of people" way of server matching, all different users may connect to different servers in the process of use. But in any case, I just want to tell you the real test situation so that you can use it as a reference!
- NPC five day, are you ok? NordVPN Window test in China！ - Today, March 9, 2021, I wanted to test NordVPN's connectivity in Windows again. The results of the previous tests showed that NordVPN was strongly sniped by the firewall upgrade during the two sessions, but at least a few servers could still connect successfully. Seeing the results of that test, I'm worried that the situation will further deteriorate, currently NordVPN in Windows provides only "NordVPN China APP" a solution, the official has canceled the previous OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution (no configurable The official OpenVPN-Gui configuration solution has been cancelled (no configurable server information is provided).
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 15ms; Download: 231.99Mbps; Upload: 21.25Mbps;
Win10 NordVPN Manual Connection Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 5, 2020, 2:06 PM
The following test will use OpenVPN, a third-party open-source software, to manually configure NordVPN to connect to the wall. If you need it, you can click here: Here is the official download address (local download). It provides a total of 12 servers with UDP protocol for you to use for wall-climbing, and I will follow the official default server naming for testing. If you do not know how to configure, please refer to the tutorial: NORDVPN WINDOWS manual configuration tutorial.
ca3146: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 5.79Mbps. Upload: 0.56Mbps.
ca3147: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 227ms. Download: 3.86Mbps. Upload: 1.06Mbps.
jp2114: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 55ms. Download: 6.43Mbps. Upload: 3.99Mbps.
jp2117: Failed; (Try once)
jp2118: Failed; (Try once)
jp2119: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 43ms. Download: 3.49Mbps. Upload: 1.08Mbps.
sg2095: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 246ms. Download: 1.69Mbps. Upload: 0.16Mbps.
sg2099: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 255ms. Download: 1.63Mbps. Upload: 0.19Mbps.
sg2100: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms. Download: 2.39Mbps. Upload: 0.11Mbps.
us7092: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 183ms. Download: 4.24Mbps. Upload: 1.01Mbps.
us7109: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 213ms. Download: 2.01Mbps. Upload: 0.79Mbps.
us7112: First success; (Time efficiency: <10s)
Speedtest Ping: 169ms. Download: 2.9Mbps. Upload: 1.33Mbps.
Summary: NordVPN has a good OpenVPN GUI with manual configuration, although the app direct connection is still not available. I should also point out that there is no absolute equality in connection speed between SpeedTest and YouTube, as I’ve tested SpeedTest’s download speed at less than 1M, and YouTube’s connection speed may reach more than 5Kpbs. So the test here can only be used as a reference.
Windows10 NordVPN OpenVPN-Gui Version: 18.104.22.168
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★