Yesterday a reader of this site @Lin, found and left a comment informing NordVPN of the release of a Windows version specifically for China VPN connections. Barry then confirmed the situation: only Windows and Android versions have been released so far, Macbook and IOS have not yet been released. Today’s test is a server connection and post-connection speed test for the Windows China-specific version of the APP, along with an installation tutorial. If you need to download it, you can check this article “NordVPN can’t connect solution zh”, I have put together the download address here.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
NordVPN’s last 6 test articles：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- NordVPN Released China-specific App Testing - Yesterday a reader of this site @Lin, found and left a comment informing NordVPN of the release of a Windows version specifically for China VPN connections. Barry then confirmed the situation: only Windows and Android versions have been released so far, Macbook and IOS have not yet been released. Today's test is a server connection and post-connection speed test for the Windows China-specific version of the APP, along with an installation tutorial. If you need to download it, you can check this article "NordVPN can't connect solution zh", I have put together the download address here.
- NordVPN Windows test in China-20210113 - Although this method may require some new operations to understand when first configured, once mastered it is actually smoother and more stable than the APP direct connection. Today I will test the Windows 10 + OpenVPN Gui manual configuration connection combination, the purpose of this test is to help you understand whether the service area profile provided by NordVPN is still valid. At the end of the article I will publish the manual configuration method of NordVPN for Mac, Windows, IOS and Android for your reference...
- NordVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20201215 - Today I will test NordVPN in Windows 10 for wall climbing in mainland China. NordVPN has not recovered its APP direct connection since it was last restored and then strongly blocked again after 24 hours, and so far its APP direct connection wall climbing has not been restored either. But as an old VPN, it is always possible to help Chinese users to go through the wall by its manual configuration. The purpose of this test is to verify its availability and the real situation of the manual wall server currently provided by NordVPN to make wall connections in China. I hope this test will bring some reference significance to the readers...
- NordVPN Win10 OpenVPNGUI in China-20201109 - Today I'm going to test NordVPN's manual configuration of OpenVPN Gui again on Windows 10 devices. First of all, I checked the official OpenVPN Gui server configuration file for Win10, which is unchanged from the previous test (the server names are the same), so I will test it directly on the last configured file. There are 12 servers in total, 2 in Canada, 3 in Japan, 3 in Singapore, and 4 in the US. Also, since I have multiple VPNs installed in my Win10, I've rebooted that device before testing and made sure to enable other VPNs after the reboot.Hopefully this test will be a reference for you in your daily use!
- NordVPN Win10 Manual Test in China-20201028 - Today's test is NordVPN's manual configuration of the FlipWall Connection Server connection success rate and post-flip speed test via OpenVPN Gui in Windows 10. A few days prior, due to a conference in China, there was an additional barrier to wall-climbing in mainland China. I'm concerned about the performance of today's test, but the test remains, and tells you the most realistic picture, whether the results are good or bad. This is the core gist of this blog! I hope this test is informative and useful to you...
- NordVPN Win10 manual in China Reviews-20201016 - Today I ran a test of the latest OpenVPN Gui configuration server relative to the official NordVPN announcement. I've done similar manual configuration tests before, but always using an old server configuration file. This time I removed all the configuration files from the OpenVPN Gui software and added the latest officially published server, hoping that this test will help you understand the latest usage of NordVPN in China...
Today’s content is divided into two parts, one is the installation process, the second part is the connection and speed test;
NordVPN China-specific version of the app: Windows10:
Step 1: first you need to download the version of the application to the local device Windows.
Download(Official) Version: 184.108.40.206;
Step 2: Since a large portion of the users who will install this version must be regular NordVPN users, there is a high probability that the international version of the NordVPN app is already installed on your device. During the testing process I first tried to install the “Restricted Region App” without uninstalling the international version of the app, then you will encounter the problem shown below during the installation process.
As shown in the figure above, its prompts “The following applications are using files that need to be updated by setup. it is recommended that you allow setup to automatically close these applications. After the installation has completed, setup will attempt to restart the applications.“。To do this you can open the Windows “Task Manager”, find it in the “Processes” tab, then right click on it and click “End Task”. After this step, the situation shown above will not occur during the installation process.
After the installation is complete, the NordVPN application will be launched directly, the first thing after the launch, you need to confirm whether the version installed is correct, the version I installed in this test is 220.127.116.11, if you find that the version number is not correct. That is most likely, the NordVPN you opened is still the international version of the app.
I suggest the most direct and effective way to install: before installing the “Restricted Region App”, go to “Uninstall or Change Programs” in Windows and uninstall the original country version of the application, then install the latest Then install the latest “Restricted Region App”. You can be sure that the international version of the app will not be available in China in the short term anyway.
When you have properly installed and opened the “Restricted Area App”, you will see the login screen as shown below. There is a message in white letters on a yellow background “you are using a test version of nordVPN If you no longer can connect to vpn, please switch to the official nordvpn version.“Don’t worry about it, login to your email account and password, test and find that login account and password can be done without going over the wall.
After logging in, a prompt screen will pop up as shown below, with the prompt content “Introducing Cyber Sec! From new on, NordVPN gives comprehensive protection from intrusive ads, malware, Phishing attempts and other threats“, Just click on “Turn Cybersec on”.
Finally, as you can see on the left in the picture below, you can see the “Restricted Region App” Windows version, and on the right in the picture below, you can confirm the version number in the settings. That’s all installed and you can connect directly without any settings. Note: I don’t see the protocol setting option in this version, there is an “Obfuscated Servers (OpenVPN)” option in the “Settings–Advanced” tab. option is off by default. Here we go to the server connection and speed test.
NordVPN China-specific version of the app Test:
Starting Time: Jan 14, 2021, 12:50 PM
Local device and network: Windows10/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
NordVPN Version: China-specific App 18.104.22.168
Quick Connect – USA #7097: First success; (Time efficiency: 25s)
Speedtest Ping: 183ms. Download: 118.49Mbps. Upload: 1.79Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 15476Kbps;
Note: I connected to this server successfully from around 10am and then turned on YouTube videos. I have been connected for about 3 hours now and have not experienced any dropouts, and the YouTube speed has remained above 15000+.
Quick Connect – Taiwan #98: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Quick Connect – United States #7238: First success; (Time efficiency: 12s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
Quick Connect – United Kingdom #4222: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 233ms. Download: 14.48Mbps. Upload: 1.48Mbps.
Youtube Connection Speed: 7899Kbps;
The above test is a direct connection test through the “Quick Connect” button of the APP, a total of 7 connection tests. The following tests will be conducted directly through the name of the region on the left side of the APP to test the server connection success rate and speed. The test server is randomly selected. The way to select the region directly is to double-click the region name twice (double-click first to see if the server it connects to is in the region you selected, if not, double-click again on the region name). The difference between these two connection methods is that the “Quick Connect” connection is a bit like NordVPN recommending which servers you should use, while connecting directly by clicking on the region name is like forcing a server in a region to try to connect. If you don’t need a specific region IP, it is recommended to use “Quick Connect” to connect.
Canada – Canada #1205: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Argentina – Argentina #42: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Czech Republic – Czech Republic #94: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
France – France #669: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Germany – Germany #936: Failed; (Show failed)
Hong Kong – Hong Kong #255: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Japan – Japan #528: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Malaysia – Malaysia #28: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Singapore – Singapore #2155: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
Singapore – Singapore #498: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
South Korea – South Korea #38: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Taiwan – Taiwan #155: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
Thailand – Thailand #17: Failed; (Can’t connect of long time)
United Kingdom – United Kingdom #4151: success; (Time efficiency: 12s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
United Kingdom – United Kingdom #4222: success; (Time efficiency: 20s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
After that I connected to the United Kingdom area 7 times, but all of them were connected to the two servers #4151 and #4222.
United States – United States #7097: success; (Time efficiency: 20s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
United States – United States #7238: success; (Time efficiency: 15s / Duplicate servers are not tested)
After that I connected to the United States area 9 times, but all of them were connected to the two servers #7097 and #7238.
Summary: According to the above test results of “Restricted Region App” in Windows 10, we can roughly determine that the application can help users in mainland China to connect to 5 servers, namely Singapore #2155, United Kingdom #4151, United Kingdom #4222, United States #7097, United States #7238. #It is still the test version of the “Restricted Region App”, which is a great relief. I hope NordVPN team will keep up the good work and provide a long and stable service with good speed to Chinese users. I have been watching and testing this special version.
At the same time, because I do not have an Android device in my hand, so I can not test the device, I hope that the relevant readers see this test report, can provide some information about the use of Android, Android version download I have organized to this article “NordVPN can not connect to the solution (zh)”, is a direct download apk file to install.
Other device connection guide:
NrodVPN Windows Manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Mac manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN IOS manual IKEv2 connect guide and servers download (zh)
NordVPN Android manual connect guide and servers download (zh)
Windows10 NordVPN China-specific App Version: 22.214.171.124
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★