May 19, 2021 China Test, June blocking network is about to start, is the VPN represented by ExpressVPN okay in China. I was going to test PureVPN or IvacyVPN today, but this morning I felt a little stuck while watching YouTube videos with ExpressVPN (Auto+”HK-4/LA-5) in my Macbook. This reminds me that it’s getting close to the annual June walling blockade, and ExpressVPN is representative of the VPNs that are walling in mainland China, so if this VPN is having trouble connecting or slowing down, it means that China’s network firewalls are starting to tighten up. I would like to get up to date on the latest developments and compare this test with the previous ExpressVPN walling situation to see if any changes have occurred. I hope such a test is helpful and informative.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things.
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous)…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message…
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: May 19, 2021, 11:08 AM
Local device and network: Windows / China Telecom 300M；
Version: 10.2.4 (11);
Windows10 + Automatic Test in China:
Auto – Hong Kong – 4: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 310ms. Download: 98.39Mbps. Upload: 0.75Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 8209Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 94Mbps;
Auto – Japan – Yokohama: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 93ms. Download: 110.82Mbps. Upload: 27Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 50564Kbps;
Netflix Fast: Can’t connection Netflix;
Auto – Singapore – Marina Bay: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 282ms. Download: 127.4Mbps. Upload: 21.78Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 24449Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 120Mbps;
Auto – USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 144ms. Download: 112.24Mbps. Upload: 0.1Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 13291Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 45Mbps;
Auto – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 226ms. Download: 112.03Mbps. Upload: 0.98Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 18018Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server Can’t support Netflix;
Auto – USA – Santa Monica: First success; (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 147ms. Download: 112.9Mbps. Upload: 0.95Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 20889Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 33Mbps;
Windows10 + Lightway(UDP) Test in China:
Lightway(UDP) – USA – New York: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 92.08Mbps. Upload: 7.2Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 29936Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 63Mbps;
Lightway(UDP) – USA – San Francisco: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 154ms. Download: 176.56Mbps. Upload: 9.19Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 26025Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 36Mbps;
Lightway(UDP) – USA – Chicago: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 237ms. Download: 161.93Mbps. Upload: 30.35Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 18969Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 81Mbps;
Lightway(UDP) – USA – Washington DC: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 210ms. Download: 103.74Mbps. Upload: 17.69Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 35074Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 60Mbps;
Lightway(UDP) – USA – Dallas: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 211ms. Download: 161.99Mbps. Upload: 2.62Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 22614Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 64Mbps;
Windows10 + IKEv2 Test in China:
IKEv2 – USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 273ms. Download: 155.91Mbps. Upload: 5.06Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 21325Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 29Mbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Los Angeles – 3: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 188ms. Download: 179.04Mbps. Upload: 6.23Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 21879Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 59Mbps;
IKEv2 – USA – New Jersey – 1: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 170.58Mbps. Upload: 4.06Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 18493Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 93Mbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Los Angeles – 2: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 152ms. Download: 206.48Mbps. Upload: 1.03Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 15272Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 12Mbps;
IKEv2 – USA – New Jersey – 3: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 207ms. Download: 195.46Mbps. Upload: 5.75Mbps;
YouTube connection speed: 27556Kbps;
Netflix Fast: 82Mbps;
Summary: Today we tested three protocols of ExpressVPN in Windows 10, with ≥5 servers for each protocol and a total of 16 non-repeating servers under different protocols. The official recommendation of “Auto+6 servers” is good in mainland China, and the speed is good, but the Japanese “Japan – Yokohama” did not succeed in connecting. Netflix Fast test server is a bit surprising to me, the server in the UK has always been not supported by Netflix. In addition, Lightway (UDP) and IKEv2 are two protocols that do not lose in speed to the officially recommended connection method, and are slightly faster than Auto in terms of “time efficiency”. This shows that the June blockade is still coming, or at least not yet affecting ExpressVPN.
Server connection success rate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Time efficiency: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Speed after connection: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★