July 2, 2021 China VPN Test: It has been many days since I updated the [VPN Daily Test] section, as I was hospitalized for over a week for health reasons. Today will be a VPN test of ExpressVPN in Windows 10, first checked and updated the latest version 10.4.0(6) of ExpressVPN (Win10). Then the version App various features to check, and for the discovery of functional differences, should only be software optimization class upgrade. This test will test the connection for Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 protocol options.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: Jul 2, 2021, 1:16 PM
Local device and network: China Telecom 300M / Windows10；
Protocol: Automatic / Lightway-UDP / IKEv2；
Automatic + Windows Test in China:
Auto – Hong Kong – 4: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 300ms. Download: 97.47Mbps. Upload: 34.61Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13051Kbps;
Auto – Japan – Yokohama: Failed; (Try two times)
Auto – Singapore – Marina Bay: First success; (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 73ms. Download: 78.43Mbps. Upload: 36.21Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 30834Kbps;
Auto – USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 141ms. Download: 131.06Mbps. Upload: 7.14Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 33607Kbps;
Auto – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 47s)
Speedtest Ping: 261ms. Download: 105.36Mbps. Upload: 14.61Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 19281Kbps;
Auto – USA – Santa Monica: Failed; (Try two times, show success, But can’t connection internet)
Lightway-UDP + Windows Test in China:
Lightway UDP – USA – New York: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 217ms. Download: 175.51Mbps. Upload: 34.49Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 25757Kbps;
Lightway UDP – USA – San Francisco: First success; (Time efficiency: 9s)
Speedtest Ping: 163ms. Download: 187.56Mbps. Upload: 33.73Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 32849Kbps;
Lightway UDP – USA – Chicago: Failed; (Try two times)
Lightway UDP – USA – Washington DC: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Dallas: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Miami: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Los Angeles – 3: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – New Jersey – 1: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Los Angeles – 2: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – New Jersey – 3: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – USA – Atlanta: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – Canada – Toronto: Failed; (try once)
Lightway UDP – Canada – Montreal: Failed; (try once)
IKEv2 + Windows Test in China:
IKEv2 – USA – Chicago: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 211ms. Download: 160.17Mbps. Upload: 11.14Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22055Kbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Washington DC: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 216ms. Download: 184.51Mbps. Upload: 8.18Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 38840Kbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Dallas: First success; (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 196ms. Download: 166.71Mbps. Upload: 8.94Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22441Kbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 209ms. Download: 149.16Mbps. Upload: 5.8Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 25760Kbps;
IKEv2 – USA – Los Angeles – 3: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 165ms. Download: 191.02Mbps. Upload: 5.7Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 37072Kbps;
IKEv2 – Japan – Tokyo: First success; (Time efficiency: 17s)
Speedtest Ping: 131ms. Download: 6.13Mbps. Upload: 11.04Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 40142Kbps;
IKEv2 – South Korea – 2: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 284ms. Download: 121.48Mbps. Upload: 4.06Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 24534Kbps;
Summary: The test of ExpressVPN in Windows found that China’s 100th anniversary in July is the existence of firewall upgrade blocking period. The Lightway-UDP protocol was the biggest hit, with 14 servers sampled and only 2 servers connected successfully, mainly in the most stable region of the United States, thankfully at a good speed. Finally, the long-term stability of the IKEv2 protocol test, testing 7 servers, all connected successfully, and the speed is very good.
This shows that ExpressVPN can still be used very smoothly in mainland China, but the results of this test make me a little worried about the connection of other VPNs in China, as the first place in China’s security VPN has been impacted, some other less powerful VPNs or airports, SSR tools estimated that the situation will be even worse. Welcome to feedback on the situation you encountered, the message is anonymous!
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★