Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site’s [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world’s free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don’t want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhon…
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The tes…
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block…
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test i…
Starting Time: Sat 9, 2021, 1:40 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN Version: 9.5.0 (40);
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic and then connect to the six servers officially optimized for mainland China: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
UK – Wembley: First success.(Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 259ms; Download: 10.54Mbps; Upload: 1.37Mbps;
Since the server is officially recommended, all tested again after testing Santa Monica to see if it still could not connect. But this time it connected successfully in 5s. Connecting to a VPN in China is a fluid situation, so I’m going to list the tests in order to give you some insight into how to use it in general.
Summary: All 6 servers of the official recommended method can be successfully connected so far, although there is a hiccup when connecting to the UK-Wembley server. But such a situation I will list it as it is, and I hope it will be a reference for you.
This method is not officially recommended, but found in the testing process of this site. The protocol supports Windows, Mac, IOS three devices, Android currently Zan does not support the protocol. The test server is mainly based on the United States, but it does not mean that other areas can not be connected, which areas just have a lower success rate of connection, but may be faster due to the use of fewer people. The test servers are selected randomly.
Protocol switching method: APP upper left corner three horizontal bars –>Protocol –> IKEv2 –>Change Anyway (small window) –>OK –> go to select the server to connect.
Many readers are leaving me messages after 9pm, Expressvpn The speed of this use in fact you can try IKEv2 and Lightway protocol, which can effectively avoid the official recommended server bandwidth congestion. After all, Chinese users of ExpressVPN who see this blog know that IKEv2 and Lightway can be connected are in the minority, and the vast majority of Chinese VPN users will follow the official guidance recommendations for connection.
Argentina: Failed.(Try two times)
@fish Attempted servers in Argentina in IKEv2 protocol, currently unable to connect successfully。
Summary: I tested some random servers in Window 10 using the IKEv2 protocol, and the server connection success rate was pretty good, most of them could connect successfully. The fastest server is Denver server, of course, this is only what I found in the test, there may be other servers that I did not sample may be better. Due to the limited time for testing, I could not test all the servers once, so this test mainly serves as a guide. I hope to serve as a reference for everyone in the usual use.
Lightway – UDP:
This method is not officially recommended and the following tests are based on the servers that can be connected based on the last test archived in the “ExpressVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)”. Let’s see what the results are, last time we tested in Win10, here we test these servers in Mac. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
Argentina: Failed.(Try two times)
This server is no longer on the list of previously tested successes, it is the reader @fish who wants to know how the server is performing.
According to the feedback left by reader @Yuiri, currently Android devices using Lightway protocol can connect to at least the following 4 servers, and since I don’t have an Android machine in hand, I was hoping to test it in Windows to see how it goes. But these servers I did not connect successfully in that full test before.
Summary: We tested 14 servers using ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol on Windows devices and successfully connected to 11 of them. Based on the results of the tests, it appears that the success of a connection to a server varies from time to time, but the probability of connecting to a server that has been successfully connected is much higher. I’m sure there are more servers that can be connected successfully under the Lightway protocol, I just don’t know which ones. So as a user you can try different servers according to your needs and free time, and once you find one you can add it to your collection so that you can continue to try next time, and over time you will filter out a group of high quality servers that are suitable for your connection.
Today’s Best Servers:
- IKEv2 – USA – Denver: First success.(Time efficiency: 22s)
Speedtest Ping: 184ms; Download: 149.05Mbps; Upload: 1.05Mbps;
ExpressVPN Macbook Version: 9.5.0 (40);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆