Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site’s [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world’s free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don’t want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are the three protocols I want to test. I often test these three protocols and know more about their connections. The test servers will be selected from the six officially recommended servers as the main body of the test...
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random server testing, and please note that the current IOS version does not support the Lightway protocol, if you need to try the function to apply for its Bate version can, the method can refer to this article "how to get EXPRESSVPN BATE version", if you have any questions or use…
Starting Time: Sat 9, 2021, 1:40 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN Version: 9.5.0 (40);
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic and then connect to the six servers officially optimized for mainland China: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
UK – Wembley: First success.(Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 259ms; Download: 10.54Mbps; Upload: 1.37Mbps;
Since the server is officially recommended, all tested again after testing Santa Monica to see if it still could not connect. But this time it connected successfully in 5s. Connecting to a VPN in China is a fluid situation, so I’m going to list the tests in order to give you some insight into how to use it in general.
Summary: All 6 servers of the official recommended method can be successfully connected so far, although there is a hiccup when connecting to the UK-Wembley server. But such a situation I will list it as it is, and I hope it will be a reference for you.
This method is not officially recommended, but found in the testing process of this site. The protocol supports Windows, Mac, IOS three devices, Android currently Zan does not support the protocol. The test server is mainly based on the United States, but it does not mean that other areas can not be connected, which areas just have a lower success rate of connection, but may be faster due to the use of fewer people. The test servers are selected randomly.
Protocol switching method: APP upper left corner three horizontal bars –>Protocol –> IKEv2 –>Change Anyway (small window) –>OK –> go to select the server to connect.
Many readers are leaving me messages after 9pm, Expressvpn The speed of this use in fact you can try IKEv2 and Lightway protocol, which can effectively avoid the official recommended server bandwidth congestion. After all, Chinese users of ExpressVPN who see this blog know that IKEv2 and Lightway can be connected are in the minority, and the vast majority of Chinese VPN users will follow the official guidance recommendations for connection.
Argentina: Failed.(Try two times)
@fish Attempted servers in Argentina in IKEv2 protocol, currently unable to connect successfully。
Summary: I tested some random servers in Window 10 using the IKEv2 protocol, and the server connection success rate was pretty good, most of them could connect successfully. The fastest server is Denver server, of course, this is only what I found in the test, there may be other servers that I did not sample may be better. Due to the limited time for testing, I could not test all the servers once, so this test mainly serves as a guide. I hope to serve as a reference for everyone in the usual use.
Lightway – UDP:
This method is not officially recommended and the following tests are based on the servers that can be connected based on the last test archived in the “ExpressVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)”. Let’s see what the results are, last time we tested in Win10, here we test these servers in Mac. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
Argentina: Failed.(Try two times)
This server is no longer on the list of previously tested successes, it is the reader @fish who wants to know how the server is performing.
According to the feedback left by reader @Yuiri, currently Android devices using Lightway protocol can connect to at least the following 4 servers, and since I don’t have an Android machine in hand, I was hoping to test it in Windows to see how it goes. But these servers I did not connect successfully in that full test before.
Summary: We tested 14 servers using ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol on Windows devices and successfully connected to 11 of them. Based on the results of the tests, it appears that the success of a connection to a server varies from time to time, but the probability of connecting to a server that has been successfully connected is much higher. I’m sure there are more servers that can be connected successfully under the Lightway protocol, I just don’t know which ones. So as a user you can try different servers according to your needs and free time, and once you find one you can add it to your collection so that you can continue to try next time, and over time you will filter out a group of high quality servers that are suitable for your connection.
Today’s Best Servers:
- IKEv2 – USA – Denver: First success.(Time efficiency: 22s)
Speedtest Ping: 184ms; Download: 149.05Mbps; Upload: 1.05Mbps;
ExpressVPN Macbook Version: 9.5.0 (40);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆