It’s been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the Chinese mainland since November, and I’ve been using all the VPNs and flip-flop tools in mainland China quite stably without any major problems. But I’m always aware of the position of this little blog, and although I don’t have time to test all the VPNs, the ones I’ve picked out are fine in terms of security, and long-term testing and observation of them will help all Chinese wall-flippers have an objective understanding of the real-time firewall situation in mainland China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 4ms; Download: 232.87Mbps; Upload: 27.53Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 Protocol Win10 Test in China - On February 5, 2021, a VPN China test will be conducted on Windows 10 for the three protocol options of ExpressVPN (Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway). servers for testing. Since ExpressVPN's big update on January 18, official news from the official version of Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android already support Lightway, while the official version of Lightway for IOS is under development. We hope that this includes three protocols for testing, which can provide reference for more users in mainland China to use and choose.
- ExpressVPN Lightway achieved 95.2% in China! - Since the ExpressVPN update on the 18th, I've received feedback from several readers that Lightway's connection success rate has improved considerably across servers, and I've felt this way a bit myself in my use. Today I would like to test all servers through the Lightway protocol after the major update to ExpressVPN in Mac to see what kind of server connection success rate it is currently in. This time, I will be mapping out all of its servers again in the default order of ExpressVPN servers. Because of the large number of servers, I will publish the server connection test results directly without speed tests and screenshots of successful connections.
- ExpressVPN New Release 3 Device Test in China - Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today's task is to test ExpressVPN's officially recommended method "Auto+6 servers" on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article "ExpressVPN can't connect solution (zh)", all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China-20210109 - Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site's [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world's free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don't want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
- ExpressVPN Macbook 3 Protocol Test in China - Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway - UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN's connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its "officially recommended 6 servers + Auto", IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway - UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let's see how it performs in the Macbook!
- ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china - I have been observing ExpressVPN for a long time for testing. Based on the results of previous tests, there are currently two main ways to connect to help users in mainland China to climb the wall. The first is, of course, the "Automatic" protocol option that ExpressVPN officially recommends, and then connect to the officially recommended servers, which are usually 4-6. In addition, the test also found that Windows, Mac and IOS devices can connect to the wall through the IKEv2 protocol, mainly servers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. You can find out through the [ExpressVPN Daily Test] section...
ExpressVPN – Win10 App Connection test:
Starting Time: Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM
The Following is official recommend method:
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the 4 official servers that are optimized for the wall over the Chinese mainland: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5。
ExpressVPN IKEv2 connection method:
This connection method is not an official recommendation, but rather something this blog has discovered during long-term testing. The servers tested are mainly in the US, with additional servers in the UK, Canada and Taiwan. The fact that a server does not appear in this test does not mean that it cannot connect, but I did not test it. The discovery of the IKEv2 connection method gives mainland Chinese users the opportunity to choose the wrong server in times of bandwidth congestion.
Conclusion: today ExpressVPN is working very well in Windows 10 and I will judge its merits on the following points. Firstly, the official connection method is currently working without problems and at a good speed. Secondly, the connection is made via the IKEv2 protocol, and today’s server connection success rate is specifically 100%. I would like to give ExpressVPN a five out of five for today’s test, even though the connection was unacceptable in other countries, but for users in mainland China, this is a very commendable performance. Hopefully it will continue to do so, and continue to be optimized to provide better service for users in mainland China.
Today’s test Best server: IKEv2 Protocol Connection
USA – Miami: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 286ms; Download: 139.33Mbps; Upload: 1.27Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13140Kbps;
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.2.0 (58)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★