It’s been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the Chinese mainland since November, and I’ve been using all the VPNs and flip-flop tools in mainland China quite stably without any major problems. But I’m always aware of the position of this little blog, and although I don’t have time to test all the VPNs, the ones I’ve picked out are fine in terms of security, and long-term testing and observation of them will help all Chinese wall-flippers have an objective understanding of the real-time firewall situation in mainland China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 4ms; Download: 232.87Mbps; Upload: 27.53Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Test in China-2021/5/9 - May 9, 2021 VPN Test Report: Today will be a test of ExpressVPN in iOS/iPhone, first went to check its latest version as 10.0.8, which currently supports the protocol options Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, now in the official version of both Windows and Mac have been introduced its latest protocols Lightway-UDP and Lightway-TCP. The description of UDP and TCP in IOS is a bit ambiguous, whether it is OpenVPN-UDP or Lightway-UDP, or both are combined, before the Lightway protocol was developed, IOS has extremely UDP and TCP. TCP, so I prefer that they refer to OpenVPN.
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China -20210506 - May 6, 2021 VPN Test Report, Today I will be testing 4 protocol options for ExpressVPN in my Macbook. Today's first test of ExpressVPN's Lightway-tcp, a connection protocol option that has been released in the official version for some time, but due to a bug, the protocol could not be selected for connection in either Windows or Mac. It has been confirmed that the problem has been fixed in the latest Windows and Mac versions. Since I was testing Mac-ExpressVPN today, I also wanted to test it and see how it was. I'm sure that the protocol is better than Lightway-tcp in terms of connection speed, but Lightway-tcp is much better than Lightway-tcp in terms of packet loss rate, so the choice depends on the user's needs. But the premise is that I need to test if Lightway-tcp is available in mainland China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 3 Protocol in China-2021/04/28 - April 28, 2021 test report, today will be tested in Windows10 devices on ExpressVPN's three connection protocol options, respectively, the officially recommended Automatic, Lightway-UDP, IKEv2. According to the last round of testing has been about 2 weeks, although I did not test the report during the period, but I myself usually have been in the I have been using the Macbook, iPhone, and occasionally Windows 10 for connection or speed reduction problems. However, such a test report will help readers and myself to have a more intuitive and comprehensive understanding of its operation in mainland China. I hope such a test report will be helpful to everyone, if you have any questions, please leave a message to exchange (the message is anonymous).
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
ExpressVPN – Win10 App Connection test:
Starting Time: Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM
The Following is official recommend method:
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the 4 official servers that are optimized for the wall over the Chinese mainland: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5。
ExpressVPN IKEv2 connection method:
This connection method is not an official recommendation, but rather something this blog has discovered during long-term testing. The servers tested are mainly in the US, with additional servers in the UK, Canada and Taiwan. The fact that a server does not appear in this test does not mean that it cannot connect, but I did not test it. The discovery of the IKEv2 connection method gives mainland Chinese users the opportunity to choose the wrong server in times of bandwidth congestion.
Conclusion: today ExpressVPN is working very well in Windows 10 and I will judge its merits on the following points. Firstly, the official connection method is currently working without problems and at a good speed. Secondly, the connection is made via the IKEv2 protocol, and today’s server connection success rate is specifically 100%. I would like to give ExpressVPN a five out of five for today’s test, even though the connection was unacceptable in other countries, but for users in mainland China, this is a very commendable performance. Hopefully it will continue to do so, and continue to be optimized to provide better service for users in mainland China.
Today’s test Best server: IKEv2 Protocol Connection
USA – Miami: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 286ms; Download: 139.33Mbps; Upload: 1.27Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13140Kbps;
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.2.0 (58)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★