It’s been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the Chinese mainland since November, and I’ve been using all the VPNs and flip-flop tools in mainland China quite stably without any major problems. But I’m always aware of the position of this little blog, and although I don’t have time to test all the VPNs, the ones I’ve picked out are fine in terms of security, and long-term testing and observation of them will help all Chinese wall-flippers have an objective understanding of the real-time firewall situation in mainland China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 4ms; Download: 232.87Mbps; Upload: 27.53Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Mac/IOS Test in China-20201124 - Today I'm going to test ExpressVPN on Macbook and iPhone devices on telecom networks in mainland China. ExpressVPN has always been one of my favorite …
- ExpressVPN Win10 test in China-20201113 - It's been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I've been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I've …
- ExpressVPN Win/IOS/Mac test in China-20201105 - Today I will test ExpressVPN’s circumvention in mainland China again. There are 3 devices for main testing and 2 test protocols. The specific test ste…
- ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-20201025 - Just now at around 12:00 noon Beijing time on October 25, 2020, ExpressVPN's officially recommended method of connecting to the wall in mainland China…
- ExpressVPN Win10/IOS in China Reviews-20201021 - The previous test of ExpressVPN was conducted on a Macbook, and the results showed that everything worked fine and that I could connect using the offi…
- ExpressVPN Mac lightway Test in China-20201014 - Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0…
ExpressVPN – Win10 App Connection test:
Starting Time: Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM
The Following is official recommend method:
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the 4 official servers that are optimized for the wall over the Chinese mainland: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5。
ExpressVPN IKEv2 connection method:
This connection method is not an official recommendation, but rather something this blog has discovered during long-term testing. The servers tested are mainly in the US, with additional servers in the UK, Canada and Taiwan. The fact that a server does not appear in this test does not mean that it cannot connect, but I did not test it. The discovery of the IKEv2 connection method gives mainland Chinese users the opportunity to choose the wrong server in times of bandwidth congestion.
Conclusion: today ExpressVPN is working very well in Windows 10 and I will judge its merits on the following points. Firstly, the official connection method is currently working without problems and at a good speed. Secondly, the connection is made via the IKEv2 protocol, and today’s server connection success rate is specifically 100%. I would like to give ExpressVPN a five out of five for today’s test, even though the connection was unacceptable in other countries, but for users in mainland China, this is a very commendable performance. Hopefully it will continue to do so, and continue to be optimized to provide better service for users in mainland China.
Today’s test Best server: IKEv2 Protocol Connection
USA – Miami: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 286ms; Download: 139.33Mbps; Upload: 1.27Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13140Kbps;
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.2.0 (58)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★