It’s been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the Chinese mainland since November, and I’ve been using all the VPNs and flip-flop tools in mainland China quite stably without any major problems. But I’m always aware of the position of this little blog, and although I don’t have time to test all the VPNs, the ones I’ve picked out are fine in terms of security, and long-term testing and observation of them will help all Chinese wall-flippers have an objective understanding of the real-time firewall situation in mainland China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 4ms; Download: 232.87Mbps; Upload: 27.53Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN test in China – 2021 September 27 - 2021 September 27 China VPN test, according to the last 3 days of the annual October firewall blocking period, China's VPN users will soon face a test…
- ExpressVPN after the fix, China connection test - 2021 September 15 China VPN connection test, in the evening of September 7 ExpressVPN appeared the official recommended server can not connect or conn…
- ExpressVPN couldn’t connect last night! - Last night (September 7), I was unable to connect using ExpressVPN's official push method in IOS/iPhone, and I've seen posts about it today in the blo…
- ExpressVPN Win10 MacOS IOS Test in China - September 2, 2021 China VPN test, just saw reader @jiijiji message "ExpressVPN suddenly disconnected around 8:40 this morning, both iphone and win10 c…
- ExpressVPN Win10 test in China for 3 Protocol - August 23, 2021 China VPN Test, a VPN test for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows 10 devices for the latest version of ExpressVPN, 10.5…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Official Recommend Test - August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a …
ExpressVPN – Win10 App Connection test:
Starting Time: Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM
The Following is official recommend method:
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the 4 official servers that are optimized for the wall over the Chinese mainland: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5。
ExpressVPN IKEv2 connection method:
This connection method is not an official recommendation, but rather something this blog has discovered during long-term testing. The servers tested are mainly in the US, with additional servers in the UK, Canada and Taiwan. The fact that a server does not appear in this test does not mean that it cannot connect, but I did not test it. The discovery of the IKEv2 connection method gives mainland Chinese users the opportunity to choose the wrong server in times of bandwidth congestion.
Conclusion: today ExpressVPN is working very well in Windows 10 and I will judge its merits on the following points. Firstly, the official connection method is currently working without problems and at a good speed. Secondly, the connection is made via the IKEv2 protocol, and today’s server connection success rate is specifically 100%. I would like to give ExpressVPN a five out of five for today’s test, even though the connection was unacceptable in other countries, but for users in mainland China, this is a very commendable performance. Hopefully it will continue to do so, and continue to be optimized to provide better service for users in mainland China.
Today’s test Best server: IKEv2 Protocol Connection
USA – Miami: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 286ms; Download: 139.33Mbps; Upload: 1.27Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13140Kbps;
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.2.0 (58)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★