It’s been 8 days since I last tested ExpressVPN, and I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the wall-flipping situation in mainland China. I’ve been using this VPN as a bellwether for the Chinese mainland since November, and I’ve been using all the VPNs and flip-flop tools in mainland China quite stably without any major problems. But I’m always aware of the position of this little blog, and although I don’t have time to test all the VPNs, the ones I’ve picked out are fine in terms of security, and long-term testing and observation of them will help all Chinese wall-flippers have an objective understanding of the real-time firewall situation in mainland China.
Please follow my Twitter account to be the first to be notified of the latest VPN test: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 4ms; Download: 232.87Mbps; Upload: 27.53Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
ExpressVPN – Win10 App Connection test:
Starting Time: Nov 13, 2020, 1:08 PM
The Following is official recommend method:
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the 4 official servers that are optimized for the wall over the Chinese mainland: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5。
ExpressVPN IKEv2 connection method:
This connection method is not an official recommendation, but rather something this blog has discovered during long-term testing. The servers tested are mainly in the US, with additional servers in the UK, Canada and Taiwan. The fact that a server does not appear in this test does not mean that it cannot connect, but I did not test it. The discovery of the IKEv2 connection method gives mainland Chinese users the opportunity to choose the wrong server in times of bandwidth congestion.
Conclusion: today ExpressVPN is working very well in Windows 10 and I will judge its merits on the following points. Firstly, the official connection method is currently working without problems and at a good speed. Secondly, the connection is made via the IKEv2 protocol, and today’s server connection success rate is specifically 100%. I would like to give ExpressVPN a five out of five for today’s test, even though the connection was unacceptable in other countries, but for users in mainland China, this is a very commendable performance. Hopefully it will continue to do so, and continue to be optimized to provide better service for users in mainland China.
Today’s test Best server: IKEv2 Protocol Connection
USA – Miami: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 286ms; Download: 139.33Mbps; Upload: 1.27Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13140Kbps;
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.2.0 (58)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★