Today’s Mainland China VPN Flip Test will test the use of ExpressVPN in Window 10. The test will be conducted using the officially recommended “Auto+4 servers” and IKEv2 protocols. Since ExpressVPN’s app direct connection has been good, I rarely connect manually, but I want you to know that it supports manual configuration of the connection. Also, since the test account I purchased is expiring in 40 days, did you find this test helpful or informative. Please leave a comment and give me a feedback, so that I can know if I need to renew my account for such a test. Finally, if you find this article useful, please follow me on Twitter to be notified of updates. Thanks!
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 9ms; Download: 233.45Mbps; Upload: 21.68Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhon…
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The tes…
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block…
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test i…
ExpressVPN – Win10 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 28, 2020, 1:31 PM
The following test servers frome official recommend;
The following test servers is random;
USA – Denver: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Salt Lake City: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: First success. (Time efficiency: 40s)
Speedtest Ping: 270ms; Download: 6.69Mbps; Upload: 1.19Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.5Mbps;
USA – New York – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Hollywood: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Dallas – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 146ms; Download: 78.24Mbps; Upload: 1.98Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 14Mbps;
USA – Atlanta: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: Today, I’ve tested the officially recommended method and the IKEv2 protocol in Windows 10 on a real-life wall connection in mainland China. My advice is to use the officially recommended method if Auto works smoothly. If this method is difficult to use or is particularly slow, then I recommend switching to IKEv2, a protocol that focuses on servers in the U.S., with Canada, Singapore, Japan and the U.K. as secondary connections.
ExpressVPN Win10 Version: 7.12.2 (4); Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★