Today’s Mainland China VPN Flip Test will test the use of ExpressVPN in Window 10. The test will be conducted using the officially recommended “Auto+4 servers” and IKEv2 protocols. Since ExpressVPN’s app direct connection has been good, I rarely connect manually, but I want you to know that it supports manual configuration of the connection. Also, since the test account I purchased is expiring in 40 days, did you find this test helpful or informative. Please leave a comment and give me a feedback, so that I can know if I need to renew my account for such a test. Finally, if you find this article useful, please follow me on Twitter to be notified of updates. Thanks!
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 9ms; Download: 233.45Mbps; Upload: 21.68Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
ExpressVPN – Win10 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 28, 2020, 1:31 PM
The following test servers frome official recommend;
The following test servers is random;
USA – Denver: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Salt Lake City: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: First success. (Time efficiency: 40s)
Speedtest Ping: 270ms; Download: 6.69Mbps; Upload: 1.19Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.5Mbps;
USA – New York – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Hollywood: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Dallas – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 146ms; Download: 78.24Mbps; Upload: 1.98Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 14Mbps;
USA – Atlanta: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: Today, I’ve tested the officially recommended method and the IKEv2 protocol in Windows 10 on a real-life wall connection in mainland China. My advice is to use the officially recommended method if Auto works smoothly. If this method is difficult to use or is particularly slow, then I recommend switching to IKEv2, a protocol that focuses on servers in the U.S., with Canada, Singapore, Japan and the U.K. as secondary connections.
ExpressVPN Win10 Version: 7.12.2 (4); Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★