Today’s Mainland China VPN Flip Test will test the use of ExpressVPN in Window 10. The test will be conducted using the officially recommended “Auto+4 servers” and IKEv2 protocols. Since ExpressVPN’s app direct connection has been good, I rarely connect manually, but I want you to know that it supports manual configuration of the connection. Also, since the test account I purchased is expiring in 40 days, did you find this test helpful or informative. Please leave a comment and give me a feedback, so that I can know if I need to renew my account for such a test. Finally, if you find this article useful, please follow me on Twitter to be notified of updates. Thanks!
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry’s nag: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 9ms; Download: 233.45Mbps; Upload: 21.68Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 Protocol Win10 Test in China - On February 5, 2021, a VPN China test will be conducted on Windows 10 for the three protocol options of ExpressVPN (Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway). servers for testing. Since ExpressVPN's big update on January 18, official news from the official version of Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android already support Lightway, while the official version of Lightway for IOS is under development. We hope that this includes three protocols for testing, which can provide reference for more users in mainland China to use and choose.
- ExpressVPN Lightway achieved 95.2% in China! - Since the ExpressVPN update on the 18th, I've received feedback from several readers that Lightway's connection success rate has improved considerably across servers, and I've felt this way a bit myself in my use. Today I would like to test all servers through the Lightway protocol after the major update to ExpressVPN in Mac to see what kind of server connection success rate it is currently in. This time, I will be mapping out all of its servers again in the default order of ExpressVPN servers. Because of the large number of servers, I will publish the server connection test results directly without speed tests and screenshots of successful connections.
- ExpressVPN New Release 3 Device Test in China - Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today's task is to test ExpressVPN's officially recommended method "Auto+6 servers" on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article "ExpressVPN can't connect solution (zh)", all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China-20210109 - Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site's [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world's free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don't want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
- ExpressVPN Macbook 3 Protocol Test in China - Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway - UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN's connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its "officially recommended 6 servers + Auto", IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway - UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let's see how it performs in the Macbook!
- ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china - I have been observing ExpressVPN for a long time for testing. Based on the results of previous tests, there are currently two main ways to connect to help users in mainland China to climb the wall. The first is, of course, the "Automatic" protocol option that ExpressVPN officially recommends, and then connect to the officially recommended servers, which are usually 4-6. In addition, the test also found that Windows, Mac and IOS devices can connect to the wall through the IKEv2 protocol, mainly servers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. You can find out through the [ExpressVPN Daily Test] section...
ExpressVPN – Win10 Test in China:
Starting Time: Sep 28, 2020, 1:31 PM
The following test servers frome official recommend;
The following test servers is random;
USA – Denver: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Salt Lake City: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: First success. (Time efficiency: 40s)
Speedtest Ping: 270ms; Download: 6.69Mbps; Upload: 1.19Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 2.5Mbps;
USA – New York – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Hollywood: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Dallas – 2: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 146ms; Download: 78.24Mbps; Upload: 1.98Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 14Mbps;
USA – Atlanta: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: Today, I’ve tested the officially recommended method and the IKEv2 protocol in Windows 10 on a real-life wall connection in mainland China. My advice is to use the officially recommended method if Auto works smoothly. If this method is difficult to use or is particularly slow, then I recommend switching to IKEv2, a protocol that focuses on servers in the U.S., with Canada, Singapore, Japan and the U.K. as secondary connections.
ExpressVPN Win10 Version: 7.12.2 (4); Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★