August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a total of only 6 servers, and not to test the IKEv2 and Lightway-UDP protocols (next time will test these two protocols). I hadn’t planned to test ExpressVPN today, as a reader gave me Feedback that it appeared that ExpressVPN had a successful App connection, but was actually unable to connect to the Internet and go over the wall. So I wanted to give it a quick test to see if it was currently having trouble connecting.
In addition, I have been using the “Auto Protocol + USA Los Angeles-5” connection in my own device, Macbook, since the morning and now at 15:33 pm, and there has been no dropout or significant speed drop. In the iPhone and iPad, although I have not done any systematic testing recently, but from my usual use, I have no problem connecting with IKEv2 through the officially recommended method and the speed remains good.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things.
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Please follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN after the fix, China connection test - 2021 September 15 China VPN connection test, in the evening of September 7 ExpressVPN appeared the official recommended server can not connect or conn…
- ExpressVPN couldn’t connect last night! - Last night (September 7), I was unable to connect using ExpressVPN's official push method in IOS/iPhone, and I've seen posts about it today in the blo…
- ExpressVPN Win10 MacOS IOS Test in China - September 2, 2021 China VPN test, just saw reader @jiijiji message "ExpressVPN suddenly disconnected around 8:40 this morning, both iphone and win10 c…
- ExpressVPN Win10 test in China for 3 Protocol - August 23, 2021 China VPN Test, a VPN test for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows 10 devices for the latest version of ExpressVPN, 10.5…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Official Recommend Test - August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a …
- ExpressVPN Ligntway-UDP Connect Failed in China - July 28, 2021 China VPN test, at around 10pm last night when I connected to ExpressVPN's Lightway-UDP via Telecom 4G and WiFi, I found that my most co…
Starting Time: Aug 16, 2021, 3:30 PM
Local device and network: China Telecom 300M / Windows10；
Official Best Deals: New User Free 3 Months
Servers: Official recommend servers；
Hong Kong – 4: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 304ms. Download: 110.35Mbps. Upload: 1.24Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 23182Kbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 151ms. Download: 115.17Mbps. Upload: 3.94Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9958Kbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 166ms. Download: 148.54Mbps. Upload: 2.36Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 25684Kbps;
USA – Santa Monica: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 201ms. Download: 39.68Mbps. Upload: 2.01Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13198Kbps;
UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 269ms. Download: 118.64Mbps. Upload: 1.45Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 10450Kbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 385ms. Download: 135.85Mbps. Upload: 2.52Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 20207Kbps;
Summary: I did a quick test of the official recommended method for ExpressVPN in Windows 10 today and so far things are going well with no exceptions. However, there is one thing worth noting, when testing these 6 servers today, there are two servers with a Ping value operating at 300, which is a bit high. I hope it can be reduced later. Next time I will other devices and protocols for testing.
ExpressVPN Today’s Test score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆