August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a total of only 6 servers, and not to test the IKEv2 and Lightway-UDP protocols (next time will test these two protocols). I hadn’t planned to test ExpressVPN today, as a reader gave me Feedback that it appeared that ExpressVPN had a successful App connection, but was actually unable to connect to the Internet and go over the wall. So I wanted to give it a quick test to see if it was currently having trouble connecting.
In addition, I have been using the “Auto Protocol + USA Los Angeles-5” connection in my own device, Macbook, since the morning and now at 15:33 pm, and there has been no dropout or significant speed drop. In the iPhone and iPad, although I have not done any systematic testing recently, but from my usual use, I have no problem connecting with IKEv2 through the officially recommended method and the speed remains good.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things.
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Please follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: Aug 16, 2021, 3:30 PM
Local device and network: China Telecom 300M / Windows10；
Official Best Deals: New User Free 3 Months
Servers: Official recommend servers；
Hong Kong – 4: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 304ms. Download: 110.35Mbps. Upload: 1.24Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 23182Kbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 151ms. Download: 115.17Mbps. Upload: 3.94Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9958Kbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 166ms. Download: 148.54Mbps. Upload: 2.36Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 25684Kbps;
USA – Santa Monica: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 201ms. Download: 39.68Mbps. Upload: 2.01Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13198Kbps;
UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 269ms. Download: 118.64Mbps. Upload: 1.45Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 10450Kbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success; (Time efficiency: <5s)
Speedtest Ping: 385ms. Download: 135.85Mbps. Upload: 2.52Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 20207Kbps;
Summary: I did a quick test of the official recommended method for ExpressVPN in Windows 10 today and so far things are going well with no exceptions. However, there is one thing worth noting, when testing these 6 servers today, there are two servers with a Ping value operating at 300, which is a bit high. I hope it can be reduced later. Next time I will other devices and protocols for testing.
ExpressVPN Today’s Test score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆