I’m going to be testing ExpressVPN today, and the test is still divided into two parts, firstly, the officially recommended connection method: “Auto+4 servers”, and secondly, the IKEv2 protocol for wall testing. I’m going to use the IKEv2 protocol to connect to the wall, and I’m going to test the protocol on as many servers as possible.
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
ExpressVPN Last 6 test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhon…
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The tes…
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block…
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test i…
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi.
Speedtest Ping: 7ms; Download: 232.84Mbps; Upload: 15.97Mbps;
ExpressVPN – Win10 Connection Test:
Starting Time: Aug 31, 2020, 1:58 PM
The following is official recommend method;
The following unofficial recommend method；
Selection Servers: Random;
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New Jersey – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Seattle: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 185ms. Download: 5.1Mbps. Upload: 1.9Mbps.
Australia – Melbourne: Failed. (Try once)
Australia – Perth: Failed. (Try once)
South Korea – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Malaysia: Failed. (Try once)
Taiwan – 3: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: First success. (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 262ms. Download: 21.64Mbps. Upload: 1.33Mbps.
Canada – Vancouver: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Montreal: Failed. (Try once)
Conclusion: From today’s test results, we can see that the officially recommended method works. I’ve tested a number of servers to find the fastest ones, and the fastest ones in this test are Japan – Tokyo.
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 7.12.1(2); Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★