I’m going to be testing ExpressVPN today, and the test is still divided into two parts, firstly, the officially recommended connection method: “Auto+4 servers”, and secondly, the IKEv2 protocol for wall testing. I’m going to use the IKEv2 protocol to connect to the wall, and I’m going to test the protocol on as many servers as possible.
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
ExpressVPN Last 6 test reports：[See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN test in China – 2021 September 27 - 2021 September 27 China VPN test, according to the last 3 days of the annual October firewall blocking period, China's VPN users will soon face a test…
- ExpressVPN after the fix, China connection test - 2021 September 15 China VPN connection test, in the evening of September 7 ExpressVPN appeared the official recommended server can not connect or conn…
- ExpressVPN couldn’t connect last night! - Last night (September 7), I was unable to connect using ExpressVPN's official push method in IOS/iPhone, and I've seen posts about it today in the blo…
- ExpressVPN Win10 MacOS IOS Test in China - September 2, 2021 China VPN test, just saw reader @jiijiji message "ExpressVPN suddenly disconnected around 8:40 this morning, both iphone and win10 c…
- ExpressVPN Win10 test in China for 3 Protocol - August 23, 2021 China VPN Test, a VPN test for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows 10 devices for the latest version of ExpressVPN, 10.5…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Official Recommend Test - August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a …
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi.
Speedtest Ping: 7ms; Download: 232.84Mbps; Upload: 15.97Mbps;
ExpressVPN – Win10 Connection Test:
Starting Time: Aug 31, 2020, 1:58 PM
The following is official recommend method;
The following unofficial recommend method；
Selection Servers: Random;
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New Jersey – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Seattle: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 185ms. Download: 5.1Mbps. Upload: 1.9Mbps.
Australia – Melbourne: Failed. (Try once)
Australia – Perth: Failed. (Try once)
South Korea – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Malaysia: Failed. (Try once)
Taiwan – 3: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: First success. (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 262ms. Download: 21.64Mbps. Upload: 1.33Mbps.
Canada – Vancouver: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Montreal: Failed. (Try once)
Conclusion: From today’s test results, we can see that the officially recommended method works. I’ve tested a number of servers to find the fastest ones, and the fastest ones in this test are Japan – Tokyo.
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 7.12.1(2); Protocol: Auto/IKEv2
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★