Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today’s task is to test ExpressVPN’s officially recommended method “Auto+6 servers” on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article “ExpressVPN can’t connect solution (zh)”, all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Barry: I’ve been hoping to relay a message to all readers: the firewall will always exist in the foreseeable future; with this wall in place, the use of any VPN or other tool by users within China is a dynamic process, and there is no one-and-done approach. That’s why I insist on updating the [Daily Test] column. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real situation of the current usage of the modified VPN, whether it is available or not, I will tell you the truth.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: Jan 19, 2021, 10:37 PM
Local Network: Win+Mac+iOS/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
Servers of Test: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica;
Windows10 Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.9.2)
Macbook Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.0.252)
iOS/iPhone Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.0)
About test for iPhone, First test on iPhone, Then the screenshots send to Macbook in word. Last take a screenshot in word. iPhone use network: 200M China Telecom + 4G China Moblie.
USA – Santa Monica: First success. (Time efficiency: 27s)
Speedtest Ping: 168ms; Download: 60.2Mbps; Upload: 2.39Mbps;
Summary: Today Tested ExpressVPN Official recommend Method (Automatic + six servers) in Windows10 Macbook and iPhone. Because I have not Android Device, so can’t test Android. This is the first full test of ExpressVPN since the major update, and the results show that the server connection and the speed of the wall after connection are very good. This is a very good start for 2021.
In addition to the officially recommended connection method (Automatic + 6 servers), you can also connect using IKEv2 protocol, Lightway, and L2TP/IPsec in the [Micro test] test. You can learn more about ExpressVPN through [ExpressVPN Daily Test] and [ExpressVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)].
Today Tested of Best Server:
- Win10: Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 40s)
Speedtest Ping: 147ms; Download: 135.89Mbps; Upload: 3.33Mbps;
- Mac: USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 222ms; Download: 151Mbps; Upload: 2.33Mbps;
- IOS: UK – Wembley: First success. (Time efficiency: 61s)
Speedtest Ping: 249ms; Download: 84.2Mbps; Upload: 2.07Mbps;
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆