Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today’s task is to test ExpressVPN’s officially recommended method “Auto+6 servers” on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article “ExpressVPN can’t connect solution (zh)”, all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Barry: I’ve been hoping to relay a message to all readers: the firewall will always exist in the foreseeable future; with this wall in place, the use of any VPN or other tool by users within China is a dynamic process, and there is no one-and-done approach. That’s why I insist on updating the [Daily Test] column. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real situation of the current usage of the modified VPN, whether it is available or not, I will tell you the truth.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- NPC three days ExpressVPN speed test in China - March 7, 2021, today is the third day of China's two sessions, this test I want to test the speed of YouTube, SpeedTest, Netflix Fast in my Macbook using the officially recommended "Auto + 6 servers", of course, I will also I will also use SpeedTest for testing. Also, you should know that ExpressVPN can currently connect via Auto, IKEv2, Lightway-UDP, and Lightway-TCP (Bate version). Due to the large number of servers required for cross-testing multiple protocols, I cannot test them all at once, but I will use the principle of sequential cross-testing to test the connection of various protocols and devices for mainland China.
- The National People’s Congress, ExpressVPN Test in China - March 4, 2021, this test is a test of the three protocols of ExpressVPN (Auto, IKEv2, Lightway) in Windows 10 devices, each connection protocol tested in about 5-10 servers, the servers tested by different connection protocols will avoid duplication. As you know, tomorrow is the two sessions, the current firewall blockade has been a bit of a hint, I will try to take some time to do the test, I hope to do a warning for everyone. I will also try to find some solutions and let you know if I find any VPNs that I can't connect to.
- ExpressVPN 3 Protocol Win10 Test in China - On February 5, 2021, a VPN China test will be conducted on Windows 10 for the three protocol options of ExpressVPN (Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway). servers for testing. Since ExpressVPN's big update on January 18, official news from the official version of Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android already support Lightway, while the official version of Lightway for IOS is under development. We hope that this includes three protocols for testing, which can provide reference for more users in mainland China to use and choose.
- ExpressVPN Lightway achieved 95.2% in China! - Since the ExpressVPN update on the 18th, I've received feedback from several readers that Lightway's connection success rate has improved considerably across servers, and I've felt this way a bit myself in my use. Today I would like to test all servers through the Lightway protocol after the major update to ExpressVPN in Mac to see what kind of server connection success rate it is currently in. This time, I will be mapping out all of its servers again in the default order of ExpressVPN servers. Because of the large number of servers, I will publish the server connection test results directly without speed tests and screenshots of successful connections.
- ExpressVPN New Release 3 Device Test in China - Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today's task is to test ExpressVPN's officially recommended method "Auto+6 servers" on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article "ExpressVPN can't connect solution (zh)", all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China-20210109 - Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site's [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world's free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don't want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
Starting Time: Jan 19, 2021, 10:37 PM
Local Network: Win+Mac+iOS/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
Servers of Test: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica;
Windows10 Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.9.2)
Macbook Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.0.252)
iOS/iPhone Official Recommend Method: (Version 10.0.0)
About test for iPhone, First test on iPhone, Then the screenshots send to Macbook in word. Last take a screenshot in word. iPhone use network: 200M China Telecom + 4G China Moblie.
USA – Santa Monica: First success. (Time efficiency: 27s)
Speedtest Ping: 168ms; Download: 60.2Mbps; Upload: 2.39Mbps;
Summary: Today Tested ExpressVPN Official recommend Method (Automatic + six servers) in Windows10 Macbook and iPhone. Because I have not Android Device, so can’t test Android. This is the first full test of ExpressVPN since the major update, and the results show that the server connection and the speed of the wall after connection are very good. This is a very good start for 2021.
In addition to the officially recommended connection method (Automatic + 6 servers), you can also connect using IKEv2 protocol, Lightway, and L2TP/IPsec in the [Micro test] test. You can learn more about ExpressVPN through [ExpressVPN Daily Test] and [ExpressVPN Unable to Connect Solution (zh)].
Today Tested of Best Server:
- Win10: Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 40s)
Speedtest Ping: 147ms; Download: 135.89Mbps; Upload: 3.33Mbps;
- Mac: USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 222ms; Download: 151Mbps; Upload: 2.33Mbps;
- IOS: UK – Wembley: First success. (Time efficiency: 61s)
Speedtest Ping: 249ms; Download: 84.2Mbps; Upload: 2.07Mbps;
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆