Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway – UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN’s connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its “officially recommended 6 servers + Auto”, IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway – UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let’s see how it performs in the Macbook!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are the three protocols I want to test. I often test these three protocols and know more about their connections. The test servers will be selected from the six officially recommended servers as the main body of the test...
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random server testing, and please note that the current IOS version does not support the Lightway protocol, if you need to try the function to apply for its Bate version can, the method can refer to this article "how to get EXPRESSVPN BATE version", if you have any questions or use…
Starting Time: Dec 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Automatic+6 Servers (Official Recommend):
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the six servers that are officially optimized for mainland China connections: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The recent ExpressVPN official recommended method is very smooth to use, with a very high connection success rate and good speed!
The method not official recommended, It is the website readers and Barry find it. Have three device support the protocol Windows, Mac, IOS. Android haven’t the protocol. The following test is random from select USA servers.
Summary: Now IKEv2 working well in China. The above is my test, Just only Miami connection failed. It should also be noted that the US and other regions that are not in the above test results are because I didn’t test them, and that doesn’t mean they can’t be connected. Readers who are familiar with my tests should know that I will list the test results regardless of whether they are good or bad. On the basis of my test you can try other servers more often, maybe you will have a better service experience, and I hope you will inform us all about the message of using Heart
Lightway – UDP:
The method unofficial recommed. The following test is based on the last test “ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china” and test them again. See how the test results, the last test in Win10, here in the Mac test these servers. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
South Africa: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: ExpressVPN was tested with the new protocol Lightway-UDP in Macbook and I was very satisfied with the results. 7 out of 9 servers were successfully connected, and the download speed of SpeedTest was over 100 for many servers. It was even faster than the official recommended method. Also gave me the illusion that it is not possible to connect without knowing these, readers can try more servers in the U.S. region to see how effective. Also observed from the APP, before its protocol switch where the new display is Lithway-UDP (Bate), now it has become Lithway-UDP (Preview). I don’t know if this among other things indicates that there is a new development in the protocol.
I’m very happy with the results of this test and now ExpressVPN can connect through all three connection protocol options in China by breaking through the firewall.
ExpressVPN Macbook’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆