Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway – UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN’s connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its “officially recommended 6 servers + Auto”, IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway – UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let’s see how it performs in the Macbook!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Ligntway-UDP Connect Failed in China - July 28, 2021 China VPN test, at around 10pm last night when I connected to ExpressVPN's Lightway-UDP via Telecom 4G and WiFi, I found that my most co…
- ExpressVPN MacOS test in China-2021/7/21 - The July 21, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today on ExpressVP in a MacBook (MacOS), 2 weeks after the last Mac test. In that test on July 5, i…
- ExpressVPN MacOS July Network Blocking Test - July 5, 2021 China VPN MacOS test, a previous test of Automatic, Lightway-udp, IKEv2 in Windows, this time will be a test of ExpressVPN in Macbook's M…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China 100th birthday - July 2, 2021 China VPN Test: It has been many days since I updated the VPN [Daily Speed Test] section, as I was hospitalized for over a week for healt…
- ExpressVPN IOS Lightway test in China-2021/6/8 - June 8, 2021 VPN China test, EpressVPN in the latest IOS version 11.5.0 (21189) officially added Lightway protocol, which is subdivided into Lightway-…
- ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-2021/6/4 - June 4, 2021 VPN test in China report, today I will be testing ExpressVPN's officially recommended "Automatic + 6 servers" VPN on Windows, Mac and iPh…
Starting Time: Dec 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Automatic+6 Servers (Official Recommend):
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the six servers that are officially optimized for mainland China connections: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The recent ExpressVPN official recommended method is very smooth to use, with a very high connection success rate and good speed!
The method not official recommended, It is the website readers and Barry find it. Have three device support the protocol Windows, Mac, IOS. Android haven’t the protocol. The following test is random from select USA servers.
Summary: Now IKEv2 working well in China. The above is my test, Just only Miami connection failed. It should also be noted that the US and other regions that are not in the above test results are because I didn’t test them, and that doesn’t mean they can’t be connected. Readers who are familiar with my tests should know that I will list the test results regardless of whether they are good or bad. On the basis of my test you can try other servers more often, maybe you will have a better service experience, and I hope you will inform us all about the message of using Heart
Lightway – UDP:
The method unofficial recommed. The following test is based on the last test “ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china” and test them again. See how the test results, the last test in Win10, here in the Mac test these servers. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
South Africa: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: ExpressVPN was tested with the new protocol Lightway-UDP in Macbook and I was very satisfied with the results. 7 out of 9 servers were successfully connected, and the download speed of SpeedTest was over 100 for many servers. It was even faster than the official recommended method. Also gave me the illusion that it is not possible to connect without knowing these, readers can try more servers in the U.S. region to see how effective. Also observed from the APP, before its protocol switch where the new display is Lithway-UDP (Bate), now it has become Lithway-UDP (Preview). I don’t know if this among other things indicates that there is a new development in the protocol.
I’m very happy with the results of this test and now ExpressVPN can connect through all three connection protocol options in China by breaking through the firewall.
ExpressVPN Macbook’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆