Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway – UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN’s connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its “officially recommended 6 servers + Auto”, IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway – UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let’s see how it performs in the Macbook!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Win10/MacOS/iOS Test in China - January 10, 2022 China VPN Test, the official recommended China connection method for ExpressVPN will be tested today in three devices, Windows 10, MacOS, and iOS/iPhone. Regular testing is the most practical and effective, if rather tedious, solution to understanding any VPN in China. Prior to this test, the App version of ExpressVPN was checked on each device to ensure that the test was the latest version, the connection protocol was the "Automatic" option, and the speed was tested with SpeedTest and Youtube Connection Speed. Speed Test and Youtube Connection Speed. Readers can leave comments (anonymously) if they have questions while reading the report.
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China – Videos - January 4, 2022 China VPN test, today we will test the connection and speed of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Macbook devices in mainland China and record it in video mode. The servers for the test are firstly the 6 officially recommended servers, then we will select the servers in the "Recommended" list of the app for connection test, and finally we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test. Finally, we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test, and the test will mainly be conducted on servers in the U.S. region, supplemented by servers in other regions. The speed test will be conducted using the SpeedTest tool...
- ExpressVPN Win / Mac / IOS last test in China - December 27, 2021 China VPN Test, a connection and speed test of the official recommended servers for ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows, Macbook, and iPhone devices will be conducted in mainland China today. This test is already the 237th test report issued by this site for this VPN, and the whole cycle of observation and testing has been around for almost 3 years. I hope to provide readers with the most realistic and effective picture of the actual connectivity of this VPN, i.e. other VPNs, in mainland China through this regular spot check of actual tests.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- ExpressVPN Connection tested 3 device in China - December 21, 2021 China VPN test, last night around 10:00 pm when I was using the IOS version of ExpressVPN myself using the official recommended method "Auto + 6 servers" when there is no connection. I tried WiFi (telecom) and 4G (telecom) without success. Today, I came to the office hoping to do a mapping test on three devices - Macbook, Windows, and iPhone - to see if ExpressVPN is currently having trouble connecting or connecting in China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 / Mac BBC iPlayer Test in China - December 9, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows, Macbook two devices to test the official recommended connection method of ExpressVPN (Auto protocol option + 6 servers), if time is more generous in the case may be additional random sampling of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada's servers. The post-connection speed test mainly uses "YouTube connection speed" and "SpeedTest" to test the speed of each server from connection to disconnection of the entire test time is usually between 2-5 minutes. BBC iPlayer will also be added to the test when encountering the UK server. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate. This test is the 235th test report for ExpressVPN China.
Starting Time: Dec 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Automatic+6 Servers (Official Recommend):
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the six servers that are officially optimized for mainland China connections: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The recent ExpressVPN official recommended method is very smooth to use, with a very high connection success rate and good speed!
The method not official recommended, It is the website readers and Barry find it. Have three device support the protocol Windows, Mac, IOS. Android haven’t the protocol. The following test is random from select USA servers.
Summary: Now IKEv2 working well in China. The above is my test, Just only Miami connection failed. It should also be noted that the US and other regions that are not in the above test results are because I didn’t test them, and that doesn’t mean they can’t be connected. Readers who are familiar with my tests should know that I will list the test results regardless of whether they are good or bad. On the basis of my test you can try other servers more often, maybe you will have a better service experience, and I hope you will inform us all about the message of using Heart
Lightway – UDP:
The method unofficial recommed. The following test is based on the last test “ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china” and test them again. See how the test results, the last test in Win10, here in the Mac test these servers. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
South Africa: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: ExpressVPN was tested with the new protocol Lightway-UDP in Macbook and I was very satisfied with the results. 7 out of 9 servers were successfully connected, and the download speed of SpeedTest was over 100 for many servers. It was even faster than the official recommended method. Also gave me the illusion that it is not possible to connect without knowing these, readers can try more servers in the U.S. region to see how effective. Also observed from the APP, before its protocol switch where the new display is Lithway-UDP (Bate), now it has become Lithway-UDP (Preview). I don’t know if this among other things indicates that there is a new development in the protocol.
I’m very happy with the results of this test and now ExpressVPN can connect through all three connection protocol options in China by breaking through the firewall.
ExpressVPN Macbook’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆