Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway – UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN’s connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its “officially recommended 6 servers + Auto”, IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway – UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let’s see how it performs in the Macbook!
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhon…
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The tes…
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block…
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test i…
Starting Time: Dec 30, 2020, 10:27 AM
Local Device and Network: Macbook/200M China Telecom/WiFi;
ExpressVPN’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Automatic+6 Servers (Official Recommend):
The official recommended method is to set the connection protocol to Automatic, and then connect to the six servers that are officially optimized for mainland China connections: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley, USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The recent ExpressVPN official recommended method is very smooth to use, with a very high connection success rate and good speed!
The method not official recommended, It is the website readers and Barry find it. Have three device support the protocol Windows, Mac, IOS. Android haven’t the protocol. The following test is random from select USA servers.
Summary: Now IKEv2 working well in China. The above is my test, Just only Miami connection failed. It should also be noted that the US and other regions that are not in the above test results are because I didn’t test them, and that doesn’t mean they can’t be connected. Readers who are familiar with my tests should know that I will list the test results regardless of whether they are good or bad. On the basis of my test you can try other servers more often, maybe you will have a better service experience, and I hope you will inform us all about the message of using Heart
Lightway – UDP:
The method unofficial recommed. The following test is based on the last test “ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china” and test them again. See how the test results, the last test in Win10, here in the Mac test these servers. The servers are: Singapore – Jurong, Australia – Sydney, USA – New York, UK – Wembley, UK – London, Germany – Frankfurt – 1, Netherlands – The Hague, Portugal, South Africa, a total of 9 servers. The results of this re-test based on the results of a previous test may not be accurate, but I think it can be used as a reference for stability.
South Africa: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: ExpressVPN was tested with the new protocol Lightway-UDP in Macbook and I was very satisfied with the results. 7 out of 9 servers were successfully connected, and the download speed of SpeedTest was over 100 for many servers. It was even faster than the official recommended method. Also gave me the illusion that it is not possible to connect without knowing these, readers can try more servers in the U.S. region to see how effective. Also observed from the APP, before its protocol switch where the new display is Lithway-UDP (Bate), now it has become Lithway-UDP (Preview). I don’t know if this among other things indicates that there is a new development in the protocol.
I’m very happy with the results of this test and now ExpressVPN can connect through all three connection protocol options in China by breaking through the firewall.
ExpressVPN Macbook’s Version: 9.0.14 (2);
Protocol: Automatic / IKEv2 / Lithway-UDP (Preview)
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆