March 17, 2021 – ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today’s test task is to test the official recommended “Auto+6 servers” on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, “YouTube Connection Speed”, “SpeedTest”, “Netflix Fast” will be used to test. In iPhone, “SpeedTest”, “SpeedTest Video” and “Netflix Fast” will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
The daily speed test will help you understand the following three points:
1. the server connection success rate of the VPN in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Win10/MacOS/iOS Test in China - January 10, 2022 China VPN Test, the official recommended China connection method for ExpressVPN will be tested today in three devices, Windows 10, MacOS, and iOS/iPhone. Regular testing is the most practical and effective, if rather tedious, solution to understanding any VPN in China. Prior to this test, the App version of ExpressVPN was checked on each device to ensure that the test was the latest version, the connection protocol was the "Automatic" option, and the speed was tested with SpeedTest and Youtube Connection Speed. Speed Test and Youtube Connection Speed. Readers can leave comments (anonymously) if they have questions…
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China – Videos - January 4, 2022 China VPN test, today we will test the connection and speed of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Macbook devices in mainland China and record it in video mode. The servers for the test are firstly the 6 officially recommended servers, then we will select the servers in the "Recommended" list of the app for connection test, and finally we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test. Finally, we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test, and the test will mainly be conducted on servers in…
- ExpressVPN Win / Mac / IOS last test in China - December 27, 2021 China VPN Test, a connection and speed test of the official recommended servers for ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows, Macbook, and iPhone devices will be conducted in mainland China today. This test is already the 237th test report issued by this site for this VPN, and the whole cycle of observation and testing has been around for almost 3 years. I hope to provide readers with the most realistic and effective picture of the actual connectivity of this VPN, i.e. other VPNs, in mainland China through this regular spot check of actual tests.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- ExpressVPN Connection tested 3 device in China - December 21, 2021 China VPN test, last night around 10:00 pm when I was using the IOS version of ExpressVPN myself using the official recommended method "Auto + 6 servers" when there is no connection. I tried WiFi (telecom) and 4G (telecom) without success. Today, I came to the office hoping to do a mapping test on three devices - Macbook, Windows, and iPhone - to see if ExpressVPN is currently having trouble connecting or connecting in China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 / Mac BBC iPlayer Test in China - December 9, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows, Macbook two devices to test the official recommended connection method of ExpressVPN (Auto protocol option + 6 servers), if time is more generous in the case may be additional random sampling of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada's servers. The post-connection speed test mainly uses "YouTube connection speed" and "SpeedTest" to test the speed of each server from connection to disconnection of the entire test time is usually between 2-5 minutes. BBC iPlayer will also be added to the test when encountering the UK server. If you have…
Starting Time: Mar 17, 2021, 1:24 PM
Local network: 300M China Telecom / WiFi / China Mobile 4G；
Device: Windows10 / Macbook / iPhone；
For testing on the iPhone, I would first take a screenshot of the ExpressVPN interface on the phone after it was connected, then take a screenshot of the speed test through SpeedTest (Speedtest has two tests, one for server speed and one for video speed), then upload the screenshot to Word on the computer, and the last step is to match the web page with the time page, and then take the screenshot after it is neatly laid out.
It is worth noting that in the Mac version 10.2.1 (8) of ExpressVPN, the Lightway-TCP connection protocol is actually found, which is the first time I saw it in the official version, before it was only available in Beta. At the same time, there is no Lightway-TCP protocol in the latest 10.1.0 (11) version of Windows 10, only the Lightway-UDP protocol, which was already there. In the latest official version of the iPhone 10.0.4 (18764), the Lightway protocol is still not supported (only Auto, UDP, TCP, IKEv2 four protocol options). macbook + Lightway-TCP combination I will find time to test as soon as possible.
Macbook + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.2.1 (8)
Mac – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 227 ms. Download: 78.8 Mbps. Upload: 7.33 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 5203 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
Windows10 + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.1.0(11)
Win10 – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 226 ms. Download: 70.71 Mbps. Upload: 14.77 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 17126 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
iPhone + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.0.4(18764)
Conclusion: The above is the result of testing the official recommended method of ExpressVPN in Windows 10, Macbook, iPhone, the “Automatic” protocol option + 6 servers to connect to mainland China today. Although the official recommendation of only 6 servers, but I found that long-term test, can connect successfully far more than these, you can try the United States, Canada, Singapore, the United Kingdom and other regional servers, there should be many can connect. In addition its IKEv2 and Lightway protocols are also available, you can refer to my previous test report.
Since ExpressVPN is the first to launch the Lightway-TCP protocol in the official version of Macbook, I will test it tomorrow.
Today’s Connection Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Today’s Speed Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★