March 17, 2021 – ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today’s test task is to test the official recommended “Auto+6 servers” on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, “YouTube Connection Speed”, “SpeedTest”, “Netflix Fast” will be used to test. In iPhone, “SpeedTest”, “SpeedTest Video” and “Netflix Fast” will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
The daily speed test will help you understand the following three points:
1. the server connection success rate of the VPN in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous)…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message…
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: Mar 17, 2021, 1:24 PM
Local network: 300M China Telecom / WiFi / China Mobile 4G；
Device: Windows10 / Macbook / iPhone；
For testing on the iPhone, I would first take a screenshot of the ExpressVPN interface on the phone after it was connected, then take a screenshot of the speed test through SpeedTest (Speedtest has two tests, one for server speed and one for video speed), then upload the screenshot to Word on the computer, and the last step is to match the web page with the time page, and then take the screenshot after it is neatly laid out.
It is worth noting that in the Mac version 10.2.1 (8) of ExpressVPN, the Lightway-TCP connection protocol is actually found, which is the first time I saw it in the official version, before it was only available in Beta. At the same time, there is no Lightway-TCP protocol in the latest 10.1.0 (11) version of Windows 10, only the Lightway-UDP protocol, which was already there. In the latest official version of the iPhone 10.0.4 (18764), the Lightway protocol is still not supported (only Auto, UDP, TCP, IKEv2 four protocol options). macbook + Lightway-TCP combination I will find time to test as soon as possible.
Macbook + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.2.1 (8)
Mac – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 227 ms. Download: 78.8 Mbps. Upload: 7.33 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 5203 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
Windows10 + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.1.0(11)
Win10 – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 226 ms. Download: 70.71 Mbps. Upload: 14.77 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 17126 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
iPhone + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.0.4(18764)
Conclusion: The above is the result of testing the official recommended method of ExpressVPN in Windows 10, Macbook, iPhone, the “Automatic” protocol option + 6 servers to connect to mainland China today. Although the official recommendation of only 6 servers, but I found that long-term test, can connect successfully far more than these, you can try the United States, Canada, Singapore, the United Kingdom and other regional servers, there should be many can connect. In addition its IKEv2 and Lightway protocols are also available, you can refer to my previous test report.
Since ExpressVPN is the first to launch the Lightway-TCP protocol in the official version of Macbook, I will test it tomorrow.
Today’s Connection Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Today’s Speed Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★