March 17, 2021 – ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today’s test task is to test the official recommended “Auto+6 servers” on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, “YouTube Connection Speed”, “SpeedTest”, “Netflix Fast” will be used to test. In iPhone, “SpeedTest”, “SpeedTest Video” and “Netflix Fast” will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
The daily speed test will help you understand the following three points:
1. the server connection success rate of the VPN in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in Chnia - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway…
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are…
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide…
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random…
- ExpressVPN Windows10 Three protocol Test in China - March 10, 2021, today will be in the Windows 10 device on the ExpressVPN connection and speed test in mainland China. The two Chinese sessions since the beginning of the block VPN, wall tools so far, ExpressVPN is the only VPN in my test VPN did not appear larger fluctuations. from the previous test and the usual use of their own, its server connection time has increased, some server speed has decreased, but for mainland users can be through Auto, IKEv2, the Lightway three connection options, so the choice of servers is still very generous, in this point really want…
Starting Time: Mar 17, 2021, 1:24 PM
Local network: 300M China Telecom / WiFi / China Mobile 4G；
Device: Windows10 / Macbook / iPhone；
For testing on the iPhone, I would first take a screenshot of the ExpressVPN interface on the phone after it was connected, then take a screenshot of the speed test through SpeedTest (Speedtest has two tests, one for server speed and one for video speed), then upload the screenshot to Word on the computer, and the last step is to match the web page with the time page, and then take the screenshot after it is neatly laid out.
It is worth noting that in the Mac version 10.2.1 (8) of ExpressVPN, the Lightway-TCP connection protocol is actually found, which is the first time I saw it in the official version, before it was only available in Beta. At the same time, there is no Lightway-TCP protocol in the latest 10.1.0 (11) version of Windows 10, only the Lightway-UDP protocol, which was already there. In the latest official version of the iPhone 10.0.4 (18764), the Lightway protocol is still not supported (only Auto, UDP, TCP, IKEv2 four protocol options). macbook + Lightway-TCP combination I will find time to test as soon as possible.
Macbook + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.2.1 (8)
Mac – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 227 ms. Download: 78.8 Mbps. Upload: 7.33 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 5203 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
Windows10 + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.1.0(11)
Win10 – UK – Wembley: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 226 ms. Download: 70.71 Mbps. Upload: 14.77 Mbps;
Youtube Connection Speed: 17126 Kbps;
Netflix Fast: The server not support Netflix;
iPhone + Auto + Official recommend 6 servers: 10.0.4(18764)
Conclusion: The above is the result of testing the official recommended method of ExpressVPN in Windows 10, Macbook, iPhone, the “Automatic” protocol option + 6 servers to connect to mainland China today. Although the official recommendation of only 6 servers, but I found that long-term test, can connect successfully far more than these, you can try the United States, Canada, Singapore, the United Kingdom and other regional servers, there should be many can connect. In addition its IKEv2 and Lightway protocols are also available, you can refer to my previous test report.
Since ExpressVPN is the first to launch the Lightway-TCP protocol in the official version of Macbook, I will test it tomorrow.
Today’s Connection Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Today’s Speed Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★