Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0.12 (9), where the Lightway (bate) protocol is already available, which was previously only available in Windows and Android. But I didn’t find Lightway (bate) protocol in the latest version 8.3.8 (13490) for IOS devices. I’ll be running a full test of ExpressVPN today on MacOS/Macbook devices with the officially recommended connection method, the IKEv2 protocol connection method, and the Lightway (bate) protocol connection method. I hope this test will provide a reference for you.
FYI: A reader message today tells us that SurfsharkVPN is now updated in Windows with a new version that adds support for the WireGuard protocol and is stable and fast. I would like to thank @shanna for sharing this.
Please follow me on Twitter to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 224Mbps; Upload: 21.1Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Ligntway-UDP Connect Failed in China - July 28, 2021 China VPN test, at around 10pm last night when I connected to ExpressVPN's Lightway-UDP via Telecom 4G and WiFi, I found that my most co…
- ExpressVPN MacOS test in China-2021/7/21 - The July 21, 2021 China VPN test will be conducted today on ExpressVP in a MacBook (MacOS), 2 weeks after the last Mac test. In that test on July 5, i…
- ExpressVPN MacOS July Network Blocking Test - July 5, 2021 China VPN MacOS test, a previous test of Automatic, Lightway-udp, IKEv2 in Windows, this time will be a test of ExpressVPN in Macbook's M…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China 100th birthday - July 2, 2021 China VPN Test: It has been many days since I updated the VPN [Daily Speed Test] section, as I was hospitalized for over a week for healt…
- ExpressVPN IOS Lightway test in China-2021/6/8 - June 8, 2021 VPN China test, EpressVPN in the latest IOS version 11.5.0 (21189) officially added Lightway protocol, which is subdivided into Lightway-…
- ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-2021/6/4 - June 4, 2021 VPN test in China report, today I will be testing ExpressVPN's officially recommended "Automatic + 6 servers" VPN on Windows, Mac and iPh…
ExpressVPN – MacOS Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 14, 2020, 1:54 PM
The following is official recommend method; Protocol: Auto
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: IKEv2
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: Lightway
USA – Los Angeles – 5: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Monica: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New York: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Francisco: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Chicago: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: I tested ExpressVPN’s three connection protocols in MacOS/Macbook today. I also tested the IKEv2 protocol on a few servers and found no problems with it. I was hopeful that the Lightway protocol would appear in the latest update, but I couldn’t connect to any of the servers I tested, so it’s possible that I didn’t find the corresponding server, but at least it means that there are problems with this protocol.
ExpressVPN MacOS Version: 9.0.12 (9)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2/Lightway
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★