Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0.12 (9), where the Lightway (bate) protocol is already available, which was previously only available in Windows and Android. But I didn’t find Lightway (bate) protocol in the latest version 8.3.8 (13490) for IOS devices. I’ll be running a full test of ExpressVPN today on MacOS/Macbook devices with the officially recommended connection method, the IKEv2 protocol connection method, and the Lightway (bate) protocol connection method. I hope this test will provide a reference for you.
FYI: A reader message today tells us that SurfsharkVPN is now updated in Windows with a new version that adds support for the WireGuard protocol and is stable and fast. I would like to thank @shanna for sharing this.
Please follow me on Twitter to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 224Mbps; Upload: 21.1Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Win10/MacOS/iOS Test in China - January 10, 2022 China VPN Test, the official recommended China connection method for ExpressVPN will be tested today in three devices, Windows 10, MacOS, and iOS/iPhone. Regular testing is the most practical and effective, if rather tedious, solution to understanding any VPN in China. Prior to this test, the App version of ExpressVPN was checked on each device to ensure that the test was the latest version, the connection protocol was the "Automatic" option, and the speed was tested with SpeedTest and Youtube Connection Speed. Speed Test and Youtube Connection Speed. Readers can leave comments (anonymously) if they have questions while reading the report.
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China – Videos - January 4, 2022 China VPN test, today we will test the connection and speed of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Macbook devices in mainland China and record it in video mode. The servers for the test are firstly the 6 officially recommended servers, then we will select the servers in the "Recommended" list of the app for connection test, and finally we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test. Finally, we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test, and the test will mainly be conducted on servers in the U.S. region, supplemented by servers in other regions. The speed test will be conducted using the SpeedTest tool...
- ExpressVPN Win / Mac / IOS last test in China - December 27, 2021 China VPN Test, a connection and speed test of the official recommended servers for ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows, Macbook, and iPhone devices will be conducted in mainland China today. This test is already the 237th test report issued by this site for this VPN, and the whole cycle of observation and testing has been around for almost 3 years. I hope to provide readers with the most realistic and effective picture of the actual connectivity of this VPN, i.e. other VPNs, in mainland China through this regular spot check of actual tests.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- ExpressVPN Connection tested 3 device in China - December 21, 2021 China VPN test, last night around 10:00 pm when I was using the IOS version of ExpressVPN myself using the official recommended method "Auto + 6 servers" when there is no connection. I tried WiFi (telecom) and 4G (telecom) without success. Today, I came to the office hoping to do a mapping test on three devices - Macbook, Windows, and iPhone - to see if ExpressVPN is currently having trouble connecting or connecting in China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 / Mac BBC iPlayer Test in China - December 9, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows, Macbook two devices to test the official recommended connection method of ExpressVPN (Auto protocol option + 6 servers), if time is more generous in the case may be additional random sampling of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada's servers. The post-connection speed test mainly uses "YouTube connection speed" and "SpeedTest" to test the speed of each server from connection to disconnection of the entire test time is usually between 2-5 minutes. BBC iPlayer will also be added to the test when encountering the UK server. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate. This test is the 235th test report for ExpressVPN China.
ExpressVPN – MacOS Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 14, 2020, 1:54 PM
The following is official recommend method; Protocol: Auto
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: IKEv2
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: Lightway
USA – Los Angeles – 5: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Monica: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New York: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Francisco: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Chicago: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: I tested ExpressVPN’s three connection protocols in MacOS/Macbook today. I also tested the IKEv2 protocol on a few servers and found no problems with it. I was hopeful that the Lightway protocol would appear in the latest update, but I couldn’t connect to any of the servers I tested, so it’s possible that I didn’t find the corresponding server, but at least it means that there are problems with this protocol.
ExpressVPN MacOS Version: 9.0.12 (9)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2/Lightway
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★