Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0.12 (9), where the Lightway (bate) protocol is already available, which was previously only available in Windows and Android. But I didn’t find Lightway (bate) protocol in the latest version 8.3.8 (13490) for IOS devices. I’ll be running a full test of ExpressVPN today on MacOS/Macbook devices with the officially recommended connection method, the IKEv2 protocol connection method, and the Lightway (bate) protocol connection method. I hope this test will provide a reference for you.
FYI: A reader message today tells us that SurfsharkVPN is now updated in Windows with a new version that adds support for the WireGuard protocol and is stable and fast. I would like to thank @shanna for sharing this.
Please follow me on Twitter to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 224Mbps; Upload: 21.1Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhon…
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete…
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The tes…
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. …
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block…
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test i…
ExpressVPN – MacOS Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 14, 2020, 1:54 PM
The following is official recommend method; Protocol: Auto
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: IKEv2
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: Lightway
USA – Los Angeles – 5: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Monica: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New York: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Francisco: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Chicago: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: I tested ExpressVPN’s three connection protocols in MacOS/Macbook today. I also tested the IKEv2 protocol on a few servers and found no problems with it. I was hopeful that the Lightway protocol would appear in the latest update, but I couldn’t connect to any of the servers I tested, so it’s possible that I didn’t find the corresponding server, but at least it means that there are problems with this protocol.
ExpressVPN MacOS Version: 9.0.12 (9)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2/Lightway
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★