Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0.12 (9), where the Lightway (bate) protocol is already available, which was previously only available in Windows and Android. But I didn’t find Lightway (bate) protocol in the latest version 8.3.8 (13490) for IOS devices. I’ll be running a full test of ExpressVPN today on MacOS/Macbook devices with the officially recommended connection method, the IKEv2 protocol connection method, and the Lightway (bate) protocol connection method. I hope this test will provide a reference for you.
FYI: A reader message today tells us that SurfsharkVPN is now updated in Windows with a new version that adds support for the WireGuard protocol and is stable and fast. I would like to thank @shanna for sharing this.
Please follow me on Twitter to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 224Mbps; Upload: 21.1Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-20201025 - Just now at around 12:00 noon Beijing time on October 25, 2020, ExpressVPN's officially recommended method of connecting to the wall in mainland China…
- ExpressVPN Win10/IOS in China Reviews-20201021 - The previous test of ExpressVPN was conducted on a Macbook, and the results showed that everything worked fine and that I could connect using the offi…
- ExpressVPN Mac lightway Test in China-20201014 - Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0…
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win10/IOS Test in China-20201006 - Today is the first test since October, due to give myself a holiday, all has not been updated test. I'm also keeping an eye on the usage of each VPN, …
- ExpressVPN Win10 Lightway Version Test - ExpressVPN has added Lightway - UDP (bate) to the normal version 9.0.5(16) of Windows 10, although it is still a beta protocol, but to be able to laun…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China-20200928 - Today's Mainland China VPN Flip Test will test the use of ExpressVPN in Window 10. The test will be conducted using the officially recommended "Auto+4…
ExpressVPN – MacOS Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 14, 2020, 1:54 PM
The following is official recommend method; Protocol: Auto
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: IKEv2
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: Lightway
USA – Los Angeles – 5: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Monica: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New York: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Francisco: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Chicago: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: I tested ExpressVPN’s three connection protocols in MacOS/Macbook today. I also tested the IKEv2 protocol on a few servers and found no problems with it. I was hopeful that the Lightway protocol would appear in the latest update, but I couldn’t connect to any of the servers I tested, so it’s possible that I didn’t find the corresponding server, but at least it means that there are problems with this protocol.
ExpressVPN MacOS Version: 9.0.12 (9)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2/Lightway
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★