Today I updated the version of ExpressVPN in various versions and found the following screenshot showing the ExpressVPN version number in Macbook: 9.0.12 (9), where the Lightway (bate) protocol is already available, which was previously only available in Windows and Android. But I didn’t find Lightway (bate) protocol in the latest version 8.3.8 (13490) for IOS devices. I’ll be running a full test of ExpressVPN today on MacOS/Macbook devices with the officially recommended connection method, the IKEv2 protocol connection method, and the Lightway (bate) protocol connection method. I hope this test will provide a reference for you.
FYI: A reader message today tells us that SurfsharkVPN is now updated in Windows with a new version that adds support for the WireGuard protocol and is stable and fast. I would like to thank @shanna for sharing this.
Please follow me on Twitter to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
Local device and network: Macbook/200M/WiFi;
Speedtest Ping: 8ms; Download: 224Mbps; Upload: 21.1Mbps;
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- The blockade is coming soon! ExpressVPN test in China - 2021 September 27 China VPN test, according to the last 3 days of the annual October firewall blocking period, China's VPN users will soon face a test…
- ExpressVPN after the fix, China connection test - 2021 September 15 China VPN connection test, in the evening of September 7 ExpressVPN appeared the official recommended server can not connect or conn…
- ExpressVPN couldn’t connect last night! - Last night (September 7), I was unable to connect using ExpressVPN's official push method in IOS/iPhone, and I've seen posts about it today in the blo…
- ExpressVPN Win10 MacOS IOS Test in China - September 2, 2021 China VPN test, just saw reader @jiijiji message "ExpressVPN suddenly disconnected around 8:40 this morning, both iphone and win10 c…
- ExpressVPN Win10 test in China for 3 Protocol - August 23, 2021 China VPN Test, a VPN test for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows 10 devices for the latest version of ExpressVPN, 10.5…
- ExpressVPN Win10 Official Recommend Test - August 16, 2021 China VPN connection test, this test is only for the ExpressVPN official recommended method of connecting to mainland China to test a …
ExpressVPN – MacOS Test in China:
Starting Time: Oct 14, 2020, 1:54 PM
The following is official recommend method; Protocol: Auto
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: IKEv2
The following is unofficial recommend method and random servers; Protocol: Lightway
USA – Los Angeles – 5: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Monica: Failed. (Try once)
USA – New York: Failed. (Try once)
USA – San Francisco: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Chicago: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Miami: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 1: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Tampa – 1: Failed. (Try once)
Canada – Toronto – 2: Failed. (Try once)
Summary: I tested ExpressVPN’s three connection protocols in MacOS/Macbook today. I also tested the IKEv2 protocol on a few servers and found no problems with it. I was hopeful that the Lightway protocol would appear in the latest update, but I couldn’t connect to any of the servers I tested, so it’s possible that I didn’t find the corresponding server, but at least it means that there are problems with this protocol.
ExpressVPN MacOS Version: 9.0.12 (9)；Protocol: Auto/IKEv2/Lightway
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★