Today ExpressVPN upgraded all 4 devices, this test ExpressVPN is only for the officially recommended method: “Auto+4 Servers”. Because this morning ExpressVPN has the latest version update for Mac, Windows, and Android, this upgrade should only be for users in China, if you need to upgrade, you can click here to see: ExpressVPN latest version installation package(zh), in addition, IKEv2 protocol is still able to connect, although I will not test today! This part, but I’ve tested the connection privately and can successfully connect over the wall. If you want to know more about the IKEv2 protocol testing, you can refer to the test report from the day before yesterday: ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-20200909.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
ExpressVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Win10/MacOS/iOS Test in China - January 10, 2022 China VPN Test, the official recommended China connection method for ExpressVPN will be tested today in three devices, Windows 10, MacOS, and iOS/iPhone. Regular testing is the most practical and effective, if rather tedious, solution to understanding any VPN in China. Prior to this test, the App version of ExpressVPN was checked on each device to ensure that the test was the latest version, the connection protocol was the "Automatic" option, and the speed was tested with SpeedTest and Youtube Connection Speed. Speed Test and Youtube Connection Speed. Readers can leave comments (anonymously) if they have questions while reading the report.
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China – Videos - January 4, 2022 China VPN test, today we will test the connection and speed of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Macbook devices in mainland China and record it in video mode. The servers for the test are firstly the 6 officially recommended servers, then we will select the servers in the "Recommended" list of the app for connection test, and finally we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test. Finally, we will randomly check some servers in the "All" server list for connection test, and the test will mainly be conducted on servers in the U.S. region, supplemented by servers in other regions. The speed test will be conducted using the SpeedTest tool...
- ExpressVPN Win / Mac / IOS last test in China - December 27, 2021 China VPN Test, a connection and speed test of the official recommended servers for ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows, Macbook, and iPhone devices will be conducted in mainland China today. This test is already the 237th test report issued by this site for this VPN, and the whole cycle of observation and testing has been around for almost 3 years. I hope to provide readers with the most realistic and effective picture of the actual connectivity of this VPN, i.e. other VPNs, in mainland China through this regular spot check of actual tests.
- Best VPN for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China - The IOC told the Voice of America via email that, China has granted foreign athletes and accredited foreign media participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics access to "open internet services" at the athletes' village, competition-related venues, and contracted media hotels. You can connect and use networks and social platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Signal, etc.) in China that are blocked by the Great Firewall of the Internet.
- ExpressVPN Connection tested 3 device in China - December 21, 2021 China VPN test, last night around 10:00 pm when I was using the IOS version of ExpressVPN myself using the official recommended method "Auto + 6 servers" when there is no connection. I tried WiFi (telecom) and 4G (telecom) without success. Today, I came to the office hoping to do a mapping test on three devices - Macbook, Windows, and iPhone - to see if ExpressVPN is currently having trouble connecting or connecting in China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 / Mac BBC iPlayer Test in China - December 9, 2021 China VPN test, today will be in Windows, Macbook two devices to test the official recommended connection method of ExpressVPN (Auto protocol option + 6 servers), if time is more generous in the case may be additional random sampling of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada's servers. The post-connection speed test mainly uses "YouTube connection speed" and "SpeedTest" to test the speed of each server from connection to disconnection of the entire test time is usually between 2-5 minutes. BBC iPlayer will also be added to the test when encountering the UK server. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate. This test is the 235th test report for ExpressVPN China.
ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China:
Test device: Windows10
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 1:16 PM
Local network: 200M/WiFi
ExpressVPN version: 7.12.2 (4) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 205ms; Download: 31.04Mbps; Upload: 1.34Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 35Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 47s)
Speedtest Ping: 53ms; Download: 60.32Mbps; Upload: 4.04Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 77Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 2分28s)
Speedtest Ping: 174ms; Download: 20.40Mbps; Upload: 2.19Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 11Mbps;
Test Device: Macbook
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 13:48 PM
Local network: 200M/WiFi
ExpressVPN version: 7.11.4 (4) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 50s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms; Download: 31.04Mbps; Upload: 1.34Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 74Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 53ms; Download: 41Mbps; Upload: 6.87Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.1Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success. (Time efficiency: 2分50s)
Speedtest Ping: 169ms; Download: 11Mbps; Upload: 0.17Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.2Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 1分38s)
Speedtest Ping: 194ms; Download: 66Mbps; Upload: 3.35Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 18Mbps;
Test Device: iPhone/IOS
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 14:59 PM
Local network: 移动4G
ExpressVPN version: 8.3.0 (13112) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 104ms; Download: 17.3Mbps; Upload: 6.48Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 127ms; Download: 3.8Mbps; Upload: 17Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success. (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 309ms; Download: 48.5Mbps; Upload: 6.95Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 319ms; Download: 3.7Mbps; Upload: 3.36Mbps;
Summary: Today I tested ExpressVPN’s AppDirect on Windows 10, Macbook, and IOS/iPhone using the officially recommended method “Auto Protocol + 4 Servers” and the connection was almost restored. Although I didn’t test it on Android, Android devices are not the most difficult of all devices to connect to, so I believe it should have been restored with this upgrade, and I hope readers who are Android users will leave me a comment with the most realistic situation, as well as some references for other readers.
Again: the ExpressVPN IKEv2 protocol is still working for now!
In this case, ExpressVPN’s officially recommended method took around 48 hours from disconnected to restored. In those 48 hours, the user was provided with updated versions on all four devices, which is a powerful tool.
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★