Today ExpressVPN upgraded all 4 devices, this test ExpressVPN is only for the officially recommended method: “Auto+4 Servers”. Because this morning ExpressVPN has the latest version update for Mac, Windows, and Android, this upgrade should only be for users in China, if you need to upgrade, you can click here to see: ExpressVPN latest version installation package(zh), in addition, IKEv2 protocol is still able to connect, although I will not test today! This part, but I’ve tested the connection privately and can successfully connect over the wall. If you want to know more about the IKEv2 protocol testing, you can refer to the test report from the day before yesterday: ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China-20200909.
Note: There will be a major firewall upgrade blocking operation at the end of September – beginning of October, so be aware!
Barry: I’ve been hoping to convey a message to my readers that the firewall will be around for the foreseeable future; with it, using any VPN or other tool in China is a dynamic process and there’s no one-and-done solution. That’s why I keep updating the [Daily Test] section. The purpose of the test is to tell you the real usage of the changed VPN at the moment, whether it is available or not, and I will tell you so. In order to speed up the testing, I will be running only SpeedTest tests on it as it is only a reference for the speed test.
ExpressVPN Last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are the three protocols I want to test. I often test these three protocols and know more about their connections. The test servers will be selected from the six officially recommended servers as the main body of the test...
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random server testing, and please note that the current IOS version does not support the Lightway protocol, if you need to try the function to apply for its Bate version can, the method can refer to this article "how to get EXPRESSVPN BATE version", if you have any questions or use…
ExpressVPN 3 Device Test in China:
Test device: Windows10
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 1:16 PM
Local network: 200M/WiFi
ExpressVPN version: 7.12.2 (4) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 11s)
Speedtest Ping: 205ms; Download: 31.04Mbps; Upload: 1.34Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 35Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 47s)
Speedtest Ping: 53ms; Download: 60.32Mbps; Upload: 4.04Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 77Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: Failed. (Try once)
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 2分28s)
Speedtest Ping: 174ms; Download: 20.40Mbps; Upload: 2.19Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 11Mbps;
Test Device: Macbook
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 13:48 PM
Local network: 200M/WiFi
ExpressVPN version: 7.11.4 (4) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 50s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms; Download: 31.04Mbps; Upload: 1.34Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 74Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 53ms; Download: 41Mbps; Upload: 6.87Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.1Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success. (Time efficiency: 2分50s)
Speedtest Ping: 169ms; Download: 11Mbps; Upload: 0.17Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 7.2Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 1分38s)
Speedtest Ping: 194ms; Download: 66Mbps; Upload: 3.35Mbps;
Netflix Fast: 18Mbps;
Test Device: iPhone/IOS
Starting time: Sep 11, 2020, 14:59 PM
Local network: 移动4G
ExpressVPN version: 8.3.0 (13112) New App version downland
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 104ms; Download: 17.3Mbps; Upload: 6.48Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 30s)
Speedtest Ping: 127ms; Download: 3.8Mbps; Upload: 17Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success. (Time efficiency: 3s)
Speedtest Ping: 309ms; Download: 48.5Mbps; Upload: 6.95Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 319ms; Download: 3.7Mbps; Upload: 3.36Mbps;
Summary: Today I tested ExpressVPN’s AppDirect on Windows 10, Macbook, and IOS/iPhone using the officially recommended method “Auto Protocol + 4 Servers” and the connection was almost restored. Although I didn’t test it on Android, Android devices are not the most difficult of all devices to connect to, so I believe it should have been restored with this upgrade, and I hope readers who are Android users will leave me a comment with the most realistic situation, as well as some references for other readers.
Again: the ExpressVPN IKEv2 protocol is still working for now!
In this case, ExpressVPN’s officially recommended method took around 48 hours from disconnected to restored. In those 48 hours, the user was provided with updated versions on all four devices, which is a powerful tool.
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★