For a long time now, ExpressVPN has been recommending only 4 servers for mainland China: Hong Kong – 4 / Japan – Yokohama / USA – Los Angeles – 5 / Singapore – Marina Bay. These servers provide a better service for most of the users who need to flip the wall safely in China. In addition with the site’s long-term testing of the IKEv2 protocol wall connection as a supplement.
Today I’m going to do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with a total of 6 servers using Windows 10 as the test device. Today I will do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with Windows 10 as the test device to give you an idea of how they are being used. By the way, the IKEv2 protocol is still available, so for those who don’t know, you can check out the previous ExpressVPN tests for reference.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Lightway achieved 95.2% in China, Crazy! - Since the ExpressVPN update on the 18th, I've received feedback from several readers that Lightway's connection success rate has improved considerably across servers, and I've felt this way a bit myself in my use. Today I would like to test all servers through the Lightway protocol after the major update to ExpressVPN in Mac to see what kind of server connection success rate it is currently in. This time, I will be mapping out all of its servers again in the default order of ExpressVPN servers. Because of the large number of servers, I will publish the server connection test results directly without speed tests and screenshots of successful connections.
- ExpressVPN New Release 3 Device Test in China - Yesterday ExpressVPN made a series of upgrades to its website and app, using the latest generation of VI. The latest versions of the app also appeared, especially the Windows version, which was updated twice yesterday and today. Today's task is to test ExpressVPN's officially recommended method "Auto+6 servers" on Windows, Macbook and IOS. I have also recently launched the [Micro Test] section, so you can check it out, I will keep updating it, and you can leave me any suggestions. If you have any questions in using it, you can read this article "ExpressVPN can't connect solution (zh)", all connection methods, problems and solutions are updated in this article.
- ExpressVPN Win10 Test in China-20210109 - Nine days have passed since the last test, and this test is considered the first time in 2021 that ExpressVPN has been tested live in mainland China. In 2020 this site's [ExpressVPN Daily Speed Test] has been closely observing and testing it, that although it was a year of many disasters, ExpressVPN provided a very good service for users in mainland China. It has opened the door to the world's free Internet for Internet users in mainland China. Although it is paid, the security, convenience and stability it provides for everyone is not simply something that can be measured in terms of money. I don't want to say something nice for Ex, I just want to tell you the most real test results, objectively and neutrally!
- ExpressVPN Macbook 3 Protocol Test in China - Last time I tested ExpressVPN on Window platform using its latest protocol Lightway - UDP, I tested all the servers and found 9 successful connections in the test. In order to get a more comprehensive understanding of ExpressVPN's connectivity in China, today I will use a Macbook device as the test platform to test its "officially recommended 6 servers + Auto", IKEv2, and the previous one in Windows using Lightway - UDP protocol connection in Windows to create 9 servers to test. Let's see how it performs in the Macbook!
- ExpressVPN Lightway all server test in china - I have been observing ExpressVPN for a long time for testing. Based on the results of previous tests, there are currently two main ways to connect to help users in mainland China to climb the wall. The first is, of course, the "Automatic" protocol option that ExpressVPN officially recommends, and then connect to the officially recommended servers, which are usually 4-6. In addition, the test also found that Windows, Mac and IOS devices can connect to the wall through the IKEv2 protocol, mainly servers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. You can find out through the [ExpressVPN Daily Test] section...
- ExpressVPN adds new server for Chinese users - Today I'm going to do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with a total of 6 servers using Windows 10 as the test device. Today I will do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with Windows 10 as the test device to give you an idea of how they are being used. By the way, the IKEv2 protocol is still available, so for those who don't know, you can check out the previous ExpressVPN tests for reference.
Starting Time: Dec 11,2020, 3:03 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
The following is official recommend method:
Protocol setting to Automatic, After connection following: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley，USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The above is the official recommended method for ExpressVPN to connect to mainland China in Windows 10 devices according to a total of 6 servers. The server connection success rate is very good, all connected successfully. time efficiencyUK – Wembly and Hong Kong – 4 worse. The speed after the wall in addition to the two servers in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong, the other four servers are very good speed.
According to long-term test observation to see the results of this test can be in the Macbook, iPhone such reference, Android because I do not have the device in hand recently so not very good evaluation. In addition, once again, IKEv2 protocol for flip-up connection is still available.
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.3.1 (11); Protocol: Automatic
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆