For a long time now, ExpressVPN has been recommending only 4 servers for mainland China: Hong Kong – 4 / Japan – Yokohama / USA – Los Angeles – 5 / Singapore – Marina Bay. These servers provide a better service for most of the users who need to flip the wall safely in China. In addition with the site’s long-term testing of the IKEv2 protocol wall connection as a supplement.
Today I’m going to do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with a total of 6 servers using Windows 10 as the test device. Today I will do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with Windows 10 as the test device to give you an idea of how they are being used. By the way, the IKEv2 protocol is still available, so for those who don’t know, you can check out the previous ExpressVPN tests for reference.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
- ExpressVPN Macbook 4 protocol Test in China - March 30, 2021, according to the last test report ExpressVPN currently has four available connection protocol options Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, and IKEv2. The difference between today's Macbook and the last Window is that this test is primarily intended to understand the connection of each protocol, rather than a speed test of the same server under different protocols. Since this morning has been busy with their own work, so only now began to test, between the time is relatively tight on each protocol option for 5-8 servers. If you have any questions, please leave a message to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows 5 protocol speed test in China - March 22, 2021 - Currently, in the latest ExpressVPN version 10.1.0(11) for Windows, the protocol options supported for connectivity are Automatic, Lightway-UDP, OpenVPN-UDP, OpenVPN-TCP, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec, of which L2TP/IPsec has a low security protocol and not many supported servers, so it will not be used to connect in non-essential situations. In this test, I will compare the speed of the first five protocols with the same servers in Windows 10 platform, hoping to find out the fastest connection protocol in mainland China, and test the connection of OpenVPN-UDP and OpenVPN-TCP by the way, because Automatic, Lightway-UDP, and IKEv2 are the three protocols I want to test. I often test these three protocols and know more about their connections. The test servers will be selected from the six officially recommended servers as the main body of the test...
- ExpressVPN Mac/Win/iOS SpeedTest Compared in China - March 17, 2021 - ExpressVPN has been performing very well lately, with all users able to connect quickly with its Automatic, IKEv2, and Lightway protocols for direct App connections in Windows, Mac, iOS/iPhone/iPad, and Android. Today's test task is to test the official recommended "Auto+6 servers" on three devices, Mac/Win10/iPhone, mainly to let readers know the speed of these three devices after successful connection. In Mac and Win10, "YouTube Connection Speed", "SpeedTest", "Netflix Fast" will be used to test. In iPhone, "SpeedTest", "SpeedTest Video" and "Netflix Fast" will be used for speed testing. We hope that this test will provide some reference for you in your use.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Auto and IKEv2 Test in China - March 13, 2021, usually I will Windows and Mac testing will be more frequent, because I usually have to generally finish my work and generally do testing. I would be more comfortable doing tests in the computer, today is the weekend, not much on hand, I would like to do a test on IOS/iPhone. In fact, I also a kind of wall in the Phone through ExpressVPN, just are using more fixed those few servers, so can not overall understanding of its actual situation. Today I will be in the iPhone through the Automatic and IKEv2 protocol options for random server testing, and please note that the current IOS version does not support the Lightway protocol, if you need to try the function to apply for its Bate version can, the method can refer to this article "how to get EXPRESSVPN BATE version", if you have any questions or use…
Starting Time: Dec 11,2020, 3:03 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
The following is official recommend method:
Protocol setting to Automatic, After connection following: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley，USA – Santa Monica.
Summary: The above is the official recommended method for ExpressVPN to connect to mainland China in Windows 10 devices according to a total of 6 servers. The server connection success rate is very good, all connected successfully. time efficiencyUK – Wembly and Hong Kong – 4 worse. The speed after the wall in addition to the two servers in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong, the other four servers are very good speed.
According to long-term test observation to see the results of this test can be in the Macbook, iPhone such reference, Android because I do not have the device in hand recently so not very good evaluation. In addition, once again, IKEv2 protocol for flip-up connection is still available.
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.3.1 (11); Protocol: Automatic
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆