For a long time now, ExpressVPN has been recommending only 4 servers for mainland China: Hong Kong – 4 / Japan – Yokohama / USA – Los Angeles – 5 / Singapore – Marina Bay. These servers provide a better service for most of the users who need to flip the wall safely in China. In addition with the site’s long-term testing of the IKEv2 protocol wall connection as a supplement.
Today I’m going to do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with a total of 6 servers using Windows 10 as the test device. Today I will do a quick test of these 4+2 servers with Windows 10 as the test device to give you an idea of how they are being used. By the way, the IKEv2 protocol is still available, so for those who don’t know, you can check out the previous ExpressVPN tests for reference.
ExpressVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run.
- ExpressVPN Android Test in China Report – 20220524 - May 24, 2022 China VPN test, since the test report on the 10th of this month has been 14 days without ExpressVPN test. During that time Macbook, iPhone, and Windows, the three devices I commonly use, were confirmed to be working properly. Today I will be conducting a connection and speed test of ExpressVPN on my Android device. I hope that this test will give readers a better understanding of how ExpressVPN actually works in mainland China. If you have any questions, please leave a comment (anonymous) to communicate.
- ExpressVPN Windows test in China-20220510 - May 10, 2022 China VPN test, today will be a massive server spot check test of ExpressVPN's Automatic protocol option in Windows devices, the complete process of this test will be recorded via video recording software. The advantage of recording the screen is that it can be more intuitive to show the whole connection process to the reader, so that the reader can feel more intuitive, the VPN in the actual use of the process is a kind of experience. This test was conducted through SpeedTest for speed testing. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate...
- ExpressVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China/20220421 - China VPN test on April 21, 2022. A field test of ExpressVPN for mainland China will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, and iOS (iPhone). The test ExpressVPN has been checked and upgraded to the latest version, the specific version number will be explained in the test below. ExpressVPN is currently the most stable and secure sVPN in China, bar none. Even during the most severe blocking period there was only a brief (24 hours) or so connection difficulties or speed drops. If you have any questions, you can leave an anonymous message to communicate.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- Windows11 ExpressVPN Test in China at two sessions night - March 5, 2022. It is the first day of China's "Fifth Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress", and this time of year is China's VPN block period. There are roughly three more severe lockdown periods in a year, in March, June and October. Occasionally, it happens occasionally. I remember that the March blockade last year (2021) and the year before (2020) was not very serious, and it passed in roughly 2-3 days. During the blocking period, most VPNs only experienced some server failures and a slight slowdown. But this lockdown I feel worse than before...
- Today 1:00 PM, ExpressVPN has difficulty connecting in China - February 21, 2022 China VPN connection test, as just the beginning of the year themselves have a lot of work at hand need to do, so this site's test is not so much time. However, in the course of their usual use will still be concerned about the use of each VPN. This time, we will test ExpressVPN's Chinese server connection and speed after connection in Windows and Macbook. I hope this test will provide some reference for readers. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to exchange...
Starting Time: Dec 11,2020, 3:03 PM
Local Device and Network: Windows10/200M/WiFi;
The following is official recommend method:
Protocol setting to Automatic, After connection following: Hong Kong – 4, Japan – Yokohama, Singapore – Marina Bay, USA – Los Angeles – 5, UK – Wembley，USA – Santa Monica.
Hong Kong – 4: First success. (Time efficiency: 360s)
Speedtest Ping: 194ms; Download: 6.10Mbps; Upload: 7.05Mbps;
Japan – Yokohama: First success. (Time efficiency: 8s)
Speedtest Ping: 102ms; Download: 145.25Mbps; Upload: 12.26Mbps;
USA – Los Angeles – 5: First success. (Time efficiency: 13s)
Speedtest Ping: 153ms; Download: 89.3Mbps; Upload: 7.97Mbps;
UK – Wembley: First success. (Time efficiency: 158s)
Speedtest Ping: 212ms; Download: 0.89Mbps; Upload: 7.2Mbps;
USA – Santa Monica: First success. (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 141ms; Download: 33.47Mbps; Upload: 7.77Mbps;
Singapore – Marina Bay: First success. (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 73ms; Download: 123.6Mbps; Upload: 11.13Mbps;
Summary: The above is the official recommended method for ExpressVPN to connect to mainland China in Windows 10 devices according to a total of 6 servers. The server connection success rate is very good, all connected successfully. time efficiencyUK – Wembly and Hong Kong – 4 worse. The speed after the wall in addition to the two servers in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong, the other four servers are very good speed.
According to long-term test observation to see the results of this test can be in the Macbook, iPhone such reference, Android because I do not have the device in hand recently so not very good evaluation. In addition, once again, IKEv2 protocol for flip-up connection is still available.
ExpressVPN Windows10 Version: 9.3.1 (11); Protocol: Automatic
Today’s Test Score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Thanks for sharing it! In my case, I can’t connect to the VPN at all today. I’ve tried through both Automatic and IKEv2 protocols.