If you have not used ExpressVPN, You will be very entangled in the end, is it going to use it? Since this blog focuses on VPN products used in China. How about ExpressVPN? Is it stable, speed is fast, and there will be frequent drops or slowdowns.
This assessment will be updated in real time based on the latest official ExpressVPN and the dynamics of the Chinese firewall to provide real-time and effective content for users on the wall.
I am often asked, How about ExpressVPN? I think that only by conducting continuous real-time testing can you know if it is good or not. This is the original intention of [Daily Test]. Due to the continuous upgrade of China Great Wall Firewall, all VPN and over-the-wall software cannot avoid temporary shielding or slowdown. Through this section, you will get the latest usage of the VPN computer (Windows, macOS), mobile (Android Android, Apple IOS). Due to limited time, I will try my best to update a test article about VPN software usage and connection speed every day. If you have any questions, please leave a message.
You can also click on the [ExpressVPN Test List] to see reports on all tests that include ExpressVPN. These test reports, if you read them carefully, will be able to help you understand how it has been used over a long period of time in China. Below are five reports that were recently tested.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone Test in China-2021/5/9 - May 9, 2021 VPN Test Report: Today will be a test of ExpressVPN in iOS/iPhone, first went to check its latest version as 10.0.8, which currently supports the protocol options Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, now in the official version of both Windows and Mac have been introduced its latest protocols Lightway-UDP and Lightway-TCP. The description of UDP and TCP in IOS is a bit ambiguous, whether it is OpenVPN-UDP or Lightway-UDP, or both are combined, before the Lightway protocol was developed, IOS has extremely UDP and TCP. TCP, so I prefer that they refer to OpenVPN.
- ExpressVPN Macbook Test in China -20210506 - May 6, 2021 VPN Test Report, Today I will be testing 4 protocol options for ExpressVPN in my Macbook. Today's first test of ExpressVPN's Lightway-tcp, a connection protocol option that has been released in the official version for some time, but due to a bug, the protocol could not be selected for connection in either Windows or Mac. It has been confirmed that the problem has been fixed in the latest Windows and Mac versions. Since I was testing Mac-ExpressVPN today, I also wanted to test it and see how it was. I'm sure that the protocol is better than Lightway-tcp in terms of connection speed, but Lightway-tcp is much better than Lightway-tcp in terms of packet loss rate, so the choice depends on the user's needs. But the premise is that I need to test if Lightway-tcp is available in mainland China.
- ExpressVPN Win10 3 Protocol in China-2021/04/28 - April 28, 2021 test report, today will be tested in Windows10 devices on ExpressVPN's three connection protocol options, respectively, the officially recommended Automatic, Lightway-UDP, IKEv2. According to the last round of testing has been about 2 weeks, although I did not test the report during the period, but I myself usually have been in the I have been using the Macbook, iPhone, and occasionally Windows 10 for connection or speed reduction problems. However, such a test report will help readers and myself to have a more intuitive and comprehensive understanding of its operation in mainland China. I hope such a test report will be helpful to everyone, if you have any questions, please leave a message to exchange (the message is anonymous).
- ExpressVPN 3 device IKEv2 test in China - April 13, 2021 - Due to an operational error yesterday testing ExpressVPN's IKEv2 protocol in IOS, the test results were invalid. Today, in order to get a comprehensive view of ExpressVPN's testing, a test will be conducted in Windows 10, Macbook, IOS/iPhone via the IKEv2 protocol, and to verify ExpressVPN's "Auto+Official Recommended 6 Servers" In order to verify the current use of ExpressVPN's "Auto+ Official Recommended 6 Servers", this part of the test will be added to Win10, while other devices will only be tested with the IKEv2 protocol. We hope this test will be helpful for you to refer to the use of ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN IOS/iPhone 3 Protocol test in China - Today, April 12, 2021, ExpressVPN will be tested in IOS/iPhone for APP direct VPN connection in mainland China. Based on previous tests and today's normal use of the connection in Macbook and Windows 10, it was determined that ExpressVPN currently still works very smoothly in both devices at this time. We first checked the latest version in IOS and determined that the latest ExpressVPN IOS version is 10.0.5 (19359). At the same time, its current optional connection protocol options are still only Automatic, UDP, TCP, IKEv2, a bit disappointed in the IOS version is still to join the latest Lightway protocol. This test will test 5-10 servers for each of the three protocol options Automatic, UDP and IKEv2.
There are also many articles on the Internet that introduce ExpressVPN. However, most of them are quoted from foreign literature or from official introductions. For foreign users, both ExpressVPN and NordVPN can get a very good experience. But now the situation is, For China’s VPN users, security, stability, and speed are the most important. You must have seen that ExpressVPN has thousands of servers. How fast can it be. Those data are from foreign tests, but in China, it is completely different. So please don’t confuse foreign test data with domestic test data, because this is basically two things.
You still need to understand a little! There is no 100% stability in using any VPN in China. If someone guarantees this with you, then it must be a liar. Even if I think ExpressVPN is the most suitable VPN for Chinese users, It can only be said that it ensures that you successfully connect to the server 95% of the time. Why can’t I connect at another 5% of the time? The answer is: When the Great Wall Firewall in China is upgraded, any VPN will be affected. At this time, the VPN service provider needs to upgrade the technology, and there is a time difference here. According to past experience, ExpressVPN is technically upgraded, and the time to break through the Great Wall firewall is generally 12-24 hours.
First：ExpressVPN China Advantages and Disadvantages
Scond: ExpressVPN Price
- One month price：$12.95/m
- Six months price：$12.95/m
- One year price：$8.95/m
- Best one-year package：$6.97/m（Only new users are supported）
At the same time, the payment methods they support are: Alipay, VISA, Paypal, Bitcoin, etc. Please check the screenshot below.
Third: Is it safe to use ExpressVPN?
Based on my tests and surveys, as well as ratings from many third-party security agencies. ExpressVPN is currently the most secure VPN, so you can use it with confidence. It does not record any of your information, it also protects the data you transmit.
Fourth: How many servers are available for ExpressVPN, Chinese users？
As I said before, ExpressVPN has thousands of servers around the world. But not all of them can be used in China. Many are blocked by Chinese firewalls. But you don’t have to worry, ExpressVPN has launched a confused server for Chinese users. In general, it has eight. Although there are only eight, its connection success rate and speed are much better than other VPNs. If users in China need to purchase a VPN, ExpessVPN is definitely the first choice for everyone.
Fifth: how is the connection of ExpressVPN stable and how fast?
If you pay attention to my blog for a long time, you will find that this blog has a section called 【Daily-speed】, and I will test it in China for almost every day. Now I also really have the English version of 【daily-speed】. I hope to be more convenient for English users. There is no absolute speed for use in China. But according to my tests, ExpressVPN does provide the best speed and stability on the market for Chinese users.
Sixth: can ExpressVPN watch Netflix movies?
Of course, it perfectly supports Netflix. You can use it happily.
Seventh: on which devices can ExpressVPN be used?
ExpressVPN supports Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, Router, Chrome, Firefox. I have actually tested these devices to ensure that users in China are indeed available. The most special feature here is that all devices in ExpressVPN support APP to connect directly to the server. And it also supports routers.
What Is a VPN?
When you connect to an unsecured Wi-Fi network at the local coffee shop, you’re not safe. An unscrupulous person could snoop on your web traffic, or perhaps the network itself is phony and designed expressly to steal information from anyone who connects to it. Even out on the web, governments and advertisers are keen to get your data.
That’s why you need a VPN. When you’re connected to one of these services, your data travels through an encrypted tunnel to a server operated by the VPN company. From here, it exits onto the web. While in transit it can’t be intercepted, stopping sleazes at the coffee shop from snooping on you. Out on the open internet, your real IP address can’t be discerned because your traffic appears to be coming from the VPN server.
Routing your traffic through the VPN service’s server also effectively spoofs your location. This is handy if you’re looking to stream region-locked content. Note that Netflix is getting wise to this, as are similar services.
VPNs have many other important functions, too. Every day, for instance, they help journalists securely share their work, and connect people living under oppressive regimes to the wider world. Recent changes in the US mean that your ISP can potentially sell your data, making a VPN all the more attractive.
If you need to use VPN in China, then I definitely recommend you ExpressVPN, it is worth paying for it. Because it is really excellent.