August 11, 2021 China VPN test, today for the first time a VPN called AtlasVPN was tested for connectivity in mainland China. The service provider of this VPN is from Sussex, located in southern Delaware, USA, and the operating company of this VPN is called “Peakstar technologies, inc. I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks on Windows 10, Macbook, and iPhone, and the general experience is pretty good, but I don’t know the overall server connection success rate and speed, because I’ve only been using it routinely and haven’t done a full test.
One thing that needs to be said is that the speed is worse than ExpressVPN when using the iPhone at night when the network bandwidth is high, but there is no noticeable lag or lag when using it in Windows and Macbook to watch YouTube and so on. Specifically how it is, but also my long-term testing and observation, I hope that such tests for your reference. After that, I will launch the test reports for Macbook and iPhone versions one after another.
The daily speed test will help you understand three things:
1. the success rate of the VPN’s server connection in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Follow the Twitter account to be the first to get the latest VPN test notifications: 10Beasts_Barry
AtlasVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- How About Atlas VPN in China, Win/Mac/iOS tested Report - January 11, 2022 AtlasVPN China test, it has been exactly 6 months since I first added AtlasVPN to the test list on this site, plus I observed it for a while before publishing the test report, this VPN has been running smoothly for almost 8 months in Windows, Macbook, iOS/iPhone in mainland China, which is a good performance. I hope it can run stably for a long time to achieve one more path for users in mainland China to access the international Internet safely. I also call on more VPN manufacturers not to give up on the mainland China market. This time, we will test AtlasVPN again in Win/Mac/iOS devices to see how it is actually allowed in China. Since I don't have an Android device, I can't do the actual test in android, but according to previous readers' feedback it works well.
- Low price AtlasVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China - November 30, 2021 China VPN test, a test of AtlasVPN will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, iOS/iPhone, and the servers selected for the test are random. The latest version of AtlasVPN installed on each device will be checked before the test. The company also announced the acquisition of AtlasVPN on October 17, 2021, a move that will strengthen AtlasVPN's financial and technical strength as NordVPN is one of the largest VPN providers in the world. But what worries people is whether AtlasVPN will repeat what NordVPN did in the Chinese market.
- AtlasVPN Win10 / Mac Test in China-2021/10/22 - October 22, 2021 China VPN test, this time will test AtlasVPN in Windows 10 and Macbook. The version of AtlasVPN's device was checked and updated before the test, so if you are unable to connect during use, please compare the version you are using with the version I tested. Note that the version update of the AtlasVPN app is not automatically alerted and you need to check for updates manually. You can find "Check for Update" in "Settings", if you have any questions, please leave a message...
- Win10 AtlasVPN All Servers China GFW Test - September 29, 2021 China VPN test, the annual October wall blocking period is still 2 days away. According to previous years the October blocking period is usually much stricter than the March and June blocking, and as of the time I did this test report it was not obvious that the Chinese Internet blocking was being particularly tightly tightened. But when it comes it may be a night or a few hours before most VPN blocking is complete. Today will be a test of a relatively niche AtlasVPN, testing all servers in the Windows version of AtlasVPN.
- AtlasVPN iOS/iPhone First Test in China - 2021 August 13 China VPN wall flip test, two days before that I carried out a wall flip test on Windows 10 and Macbook continuously. It should be noted here that AtlasVPN is a relatively new VPN, its inception should be in 2020, and compared to established VPN providers like ExpressVPN, this VPN is relatively single in terms of features. So why should I test such a VPN? First of all, of course, because it does help users in mainland China to achieve VPN connections, and secondly, it is a US-based service provider, which I think guarantees the safety of life and privacy in mainland China. As for whether it can provide stable VPN service in the long run, I can't judge it now, this point needs my long-term continuous testing and observation to know.
Starting Time: Aug 11, 2021, 1:13 PM
Local device and network: Telecom 300M / Windows10；
Official Deals: New user $1.39/m
USA – New York: First success; (Time efficiency: 77s)
Speedtest Ping: 333ms. Download: 174.41Mbps. Upload: 2.65Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 41567Kbps;
Netherlands – Amsterdam: First success; (Time efficiency: 70s)
Speedtest Ping: 205ms. Download: 133.49Mbps. Upload: 3.08Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 9631Kbps;
USA – Los Angeles: First success; (Time efficiency: 73s)
Speedtest Ping: 149ms. Download: 45.2Mbps. Upload: 3.92Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 29189Kbps;
USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 74s)
Speedtest Ping: 225ms. Download: 2.22Mbps. Upload: 2.12Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 17648Kbps;
Belgium – Brussels: Failed; (Error: 809)
UK – London: First success; (Time efficiency: 72s)
Speedtest Ping: 245ms. Download: 1.31Mbps. Upload: 1.38Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 26678Kbps;
Ireland – Dublin: First success; (Time efficiency: 73s)
Speedtest Ping: 277ms. Download: 161.29Mbps. Upload: 1.43Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 18157Kbps;
Italy – Milan: First success; (Time efficiency: 72s)
Speedtest Ping: 219ms. Download: 8.52Mbps. Upload: 1.83Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 32439Kbps;
Norway – Oslo: Failed; (Error: 809)
France – Paris: First success; (Time efficiency: 71s)
Speedtest Ping: 245ms. Download: 123.77Mbps. Upload: 2.65Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 32881Kbps;
UAE – Dubai: First success; (Time efficiency: 77s)
Speedtest Ping: 351ms. Download: 0.26Mbps. Upload: 0.67Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 1692Kbps;
Romania – Bucharest: Second success; (Time efficiency: 77s)
Speedtest Ping: 251ms. Download: 5.43Mbps. Upload: 2.49Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 14679Kbps;
Germany – Frankfurt: Second success; (Time efficiency: 75s)
Speedtest Ping: 209ms. Download: 122.34Mbps. Upload: 1.93Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 20119Kbps;
Hong Kong: First success; (Time efficiency: 74s)
Speedtest Ping: 473ms. Download: 3.37Mbps. Upload: 1.03Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 1694Kbps;
Japan – Tokyo: First success; (Time efficiency: 74s)
Speedtest Ping: 77ms. Download: 0.71Mbps. Upload: 4.28Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 2072Kbps;
Summary: The above is my test of AtlasVPN in Windows 10. I counted 37 servers in the Windows version of the app, which may be related to the region used, and this is certainly not the full list of servers. Among these 37 servers, 15 servers were selected for testing in the order given by the App naturally, and 13 of them were successfully connected to the VPN server. During the test the last two I deliberately picked Hong Kong and Japan and found that the speed was far inferior to that of Europe and America. In addition, AtlasVPN’s time efficiency is also worth mentioning, all servers regardless of whether the connection is successful or not its time limit is in 75s, this time is not long, but also by no means not short. But the most important thing is to test and observe it for a long time to see how stable it is, and how fast the technical team reacts and fixes it when it encounters GFW blocking.
It is good for all Internet users in mainland China to have an additional option for VPN testing. I am satisfied with AtlasVPN’s performance today and hope it will continue to do so.
Server connection success rate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Time efficiency success rate: ★ ★ ★ ☆
Speed success rate: ★ ★ ★ ★