August 12, 2021 China VPN Connection Test, I tested the Windows 10 version of this VPN yesterday and got good test results. Now it will be tested in Macbook devices and I will do a test on IOS/iPhone as soon as possible tomorrow and the day after tomorrow so that you can understand the wall flipping support of this VPN for each device as soon as possible. From my usual usage, AtlasVPN is using IKEv2 protocol for connection in MacOS devices. The features of this VPN are relatively simple, there is no protocol selection function and no internal or external network splitting function. This test will help readers understand how this VPN is really used in mainland China today.
The daily speed test will help you understand the following three things.
1. the server connection success rate of the VPN in the device under test.
2. the server connection time of the VPN in the tested device.
3. the speed of the VPN after a successful connection to the server in the device under test.
Please follow the Twitter account to get the latest VPN test notification first: 10Beasts_Barry
AtlasVPN last 6 test reports: [See More]
Checking out multiple test reports can help you understand more effectively how this VPN works in the long run. This site has opened a new [Micro test] column, which is a way to test “single device + single protocol + single server” through “fragmented” free time.
- Best 4 VPN in China, OMG, Just only one！ - On March 21, 2022, China VPN test will be conducted on a Windows 10 device today. The test VPNs include ExpressVPN, PureVPN, StrongVPN, and AtlasVPN. If there is enough time, we will test others. Each VPN will indicate its App version number, connection protocol and other information at the beginning before the test. As a result, the number of VPNs tested this time is large, so each VPN will usually randomly check 5-10 servers in different regions. If there are officially recommended servers, it will be explained in the test. If you have any questions, you can leave a message (anonymous) to communicate.
- How About Atlas VPN in China, Win/Mac/iOS tested Report - January 11, 2022 AtlasVPN China test, it has been exactly 6 months since I first added AtlasVPN to the test list on this site, plus I observed it for a while before publishing the test report, this VPN has been running smoothly for almost 8 months in Windows, Macbook, iOS/iPhone in mainland China, which is a good performance. I hope it can run stably for a long time to achieve one more path for users in mainland China to access the international Internet safely. I also call on more VPN manufacturers not to give up on the mainland China market. This time, we will test AtlasVPN again in Win/Mac/iOS devices to see how it is actually allowed in China. Since I don't have an Android device, I can't do the actual test in android, but according to previous readers' feedback it works well.
- Low price AtlasVPN Win/Mac/iOS Test in China - November 30, 2021 China VPN test, a test of AtlasVPN will be conducted today in Windows, Macbook, iOS/iPhone, and the servers selected for the test are random. The latest version of AtlasVPN installed on each device will be checked before the test. The company also announced the acquisition of AtlasVPN on October 17, 2021, a move that will strengthen AtlasVPN's financial and technical strength as NordVPN is one of the largest VPN providers in the world. But what worries people is whether AtlasVPN will repeat what NordVPN did in the Chinese market.
- AtlasVPN Win10 / Mac Test in China-2021/10/22 - October 22, 2021 China VPN test, this time will test AtlasVPN in Windows 10 and Macbook. The version of AtlasVPN's device was checked and updated before the test, so if you are unable to connect during use, please compare the version you are using with the version I tested. Note that the version update of the AtlasVPN app is not automatically alerted and you need to check for updates manually. You can find "Check for Update" in "Settings", if you have any questions, please leave a message...
- Win10 AtlasVPN All Servers China GFW Test - September 29, 2021 China VPN test, the annual October wall blocking period is still 2 days away. According to previous years the October blocking period is usually much stricter than the March and June blocking, and as of the time I did this test report it was not obvious that the Chinese Internet blocking was being particularly tightly tightened. But when it comes it may be a night or a few hours before most VPN blocking is complete. Today will be a test of a relatively niche AtlasVPN, testing all servers in the Windows version of AtlasVPN.
- AtlasVPN iOS/iPhone First Test in China - 2021 August 13 China VPN wall flip test, two days before that I carried out a wall flip test on Windows 10 and Macbook continuously. It should be noted here that AtlasVPN is a relatively new VPN, its inception should be in 2020, and compared to established VPN providers like ExpressVPN, this VPN is relatively single in terms of features. So why should I test such a VPN? First of all, of course, because it does help users in mainland China to achieve VPN connections, and secondly, it is a US-based service provider, which I think guarantees the safety of life and privacy in mainland China. As for whether it can provide stable VPN service in the long run, I can't judge it now, this point needs my long-term continuous testing and observation to know.
Starting Time: Aug 12, 2021, 3:03 PM
Local device and network: China Telecom 300M / Macbook；
Version: 1.4.3 (39)
Official Deals: New user $1.39/m
USA – Dallas: Failed;
USA – Las Vegas: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 153ms. Download: 191Mbps. Upload: 3.53Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 51085Kbps;
USA – Los Angeles: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 170ms. Download: 258Mbps. Upload: 4.92Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 50205Kbps;
USA – Miami: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 221ms. Download: 6.06Mbps. Upload: 4.53Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 22472Kbps;
USA – New Jersey: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 338ms. Download: 2.38Mbps. Upload: 1.12Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 404Kbps;
USA – New York: First success; (Time efficiency: 15s)
Speedtest Ping: 340ms. Download: 1.59Mbps. Upload: 3.1Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 6609Kbps;
USA – Phoenix: Failed;
Australia – Sydney: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 291ms. Download: 10Mbps. Upload: 1.93Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 5408Kbps;
Austria – Vienna: First success; (Time efficiency: 6s)
Speedtest Ping: 209ms. Download: 177Mbps. Upload: 4.74Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 5408Kbps;
Canada – Montreal: First success; (Time efficiency: 5s)
Speedtest Ping: 230ms. Download: 9.55Mbps. Upload: 5.02Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 4010Kbps;
France – Paris: First success; (Time efficiency: 4s)
Speedtest Ping: 248ms. Download: 237Mbps. Upload: 3.32Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 13421Kbps;
Hong Kong: First success; (Time efficiency: 10s)
Speedtest Ping: 471ms. Download: 38.3Mbps. Upload: 1.8Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 4633Kbps;
Japan – Tokyo: First success; (Time efficiency: 7s)
Speedtest Ping: 77ms. Download: 0.96Mbps. Upload: 6.3Mbps;
YouTube Connection Speed: 1780Kbps;
Summary: I tested AtlasVPN’s China connection in a Macbook device today. I counted a total of 37 servers available in the device’s App, and I tested 13 servers in the natural order of the App, 11 of which completed the connection successfully. There is a big difference in the speed of different servers, in Time efficiency is obviously faster than in Windows, Win devices need 70-75s to connect to the server, while in MacBook most servers only need 5s, the slowest is only 15s. This is a great help to the user experience. Next I will test IOS/iPhone and observe all three devices for a long time to understand the stability of this VPN and the team’s ability to handle GFW blocking.
Server connection success rate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Time efficiency success rate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Speed success rate: ★ ★ ★ ☆